Roasted Eggplant Fan

Roasted Eggplant Fan - All that's Jas

Exchanging secrets with my daughter without risking someone eavesdropping is just one benefit of speaking multiple languages. My chances to find great recipes are tripled and that’s another benefit.  I discovered this roasted eggplant fan on Serbian site MEZZE. I can’t vouch that this is a Serbian recipe though; just saying it’s a nice advantage to search recipes that are not written in English.

First, I fell in love with the presentation. Doesn’t it look fancy? Then, the simple and healthy ingredients got me really excited. Not to mention the ease of preparing this dish. And the taste? You’ll have to make it yourself to find out because I’m keeping it a secret. I can only tell you that it’s jako ukusno or sehr leker.

Serves 2-4

1 medium-large Eggplant
2-3 large Tomatoes
1-2 large Garlic cloves
6 oz. Feta Cheese, crumbled
Fresh Parsley
Fresh Basil
Olive oil
Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Rinse the eggplant and pat dry with paper towel. Cut the eggplant into thin slices, but leave attached at the stem. Grease each eggplant slice with oil; season with salt and pepper.

Roasted Eggplant Fan - All that's Jas

Cut tomatoes into thin rings. Finely chop the garlic, parsley and basil leaves. Place the eggplant on a parchment paper-lined baking pan. Stuff eggplant slices with tomato, garlic, feta, parsley and basil. Press the eggplant slightly with the palm of your hand to form a fan. Drizzle with more oil.

Roasted Eggplant Fan - All that's Jas

Bake for about one hour. If there is still liquid in the pan lower the oven temperature to 200 and bake 15 minutes longer or until all liquid has evaporated. Length of baking depends on the size of the eggplant.

Roasted Eggplant Fan - All that's Jas

Serve warm or cold as a main dish, side dish or as a filling for a sandwich.

Roasted Eggplant Fan - All that's Jas

Roasted Eggplant Fan

Rating: 51

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 1 hour

Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes

Yield: Serves 2-4

Roasted Eggplant Fan

This delightful eggplant fan can be served warm or cold as a main dish, side dish or as a filling for a sandwich.

• 1 medium-large Eggplant
  • 2-3 large Tomatoes
  • 1-2 large Garlic cloves
  • 6 oz. Feta Cheese, crumbled
  • Fresh Parsley
  • Fresh Basil
  • Olive oil
  • Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Notes

Gluten free, vegetarian.

This recipe is featured at  What’d You Do This Weekend, Funtastic Friday and Turn it Up Tuesday

Looking forward to connecting with you soon.

For more quick recipes and tips follow my All that’s Jas Facebook page or social network of your preference. It makes my day 🙂

Jas is a cheesecake addict and the author of the Balkan Comfort Food cookbook available on Amazon. You can download a free excerpt of the book when you subscribe to All that's Jas newsletter updates. To learn more about Jas visit her About page.

63 Replies to “Roasted Eggplant Fan”

1. Pingback: Turn It Up Tuesday #93 | My New Finances

2. Pingback: Let's Turn It Up Once Again On A Tuesday! | Keystrokes By Kimberly | Life, Style, Travel & Everything In Between

3. Pingback: Funtastic Friday #31 ⋆ olives-n-okra

4. Sherry

I think eggplant is probably my all time favorite. This dish looks too good to eat! Thanks for linking up and sharing with us at Funtastic Friday. Please join us again this week.

5. satrntgr

Looks a lot better than most recipes that I see for eggplant. Still not sure if I could try it again though. Didn’t like the taste of a past recipe. Yours might change that, though…hopefully!

• allthatsjas Post author

I understand! I wasn’t a fan of eggplant either. It is an acquired taste for sure. Hope you give it a try, though! Thanks for stopping in 🙂

6. Pingback: Turn it Up Tuesday {93} - April Noelle

7. Stephanie

My husband loves eggplant so I’m always looking for ways to make it and I can’t wait to try this one!! Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! This post has been pinned on the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! I love having you and can’t wait to see you next week!

• allthatsjas Post author

I think eggplant is underappreciated vegetable, and I speak from my own experience, lol. I love it now. Stay tuned for another eggplant recipe coming soon 😉 Have a great day!

8. Pingback: Turn It Up Tuesdays Link Party #93

9. Pingback: Turn it Up Tuesday Link Up Party #93 Co-Host | Mum-bo-Jumbo

10. Pingback: Turn It Up Tuesday #93 |

11. Pingback: Turn It Up Tuesday - Does Your Sister Have Normal Hair?

12. Pingback: 4th of July Edition of Turn It Up Tuesday Linky Party and Giveaway

13. Pingback: Turn It Up Tuesday - #93 - Baby Doodah!

14. Pingback: It's time for Turn It Up Tuesday #93! - My Silly Little Gang

15. Pingback: Turn It Up Tuesday #93 | Epic Mommy Adventures

16. Pingback: What’d You Do This Weekend? #125 | Recipes and Ramblings with the Tumbleweed Contessa

17. blueblanket21

I love eggplant and the presentation alone would make an eggplant hater into an eggplant lover!! Can’t wait to try this! Thanks from Home Matters Party.

Kristine 🙂

18. Jerusha

I’m not going to lie, I’m really nervous to try eggplant because I’m not sure I’ll like it… But our son, nicknamed “Eggplant,” (no, I’m not joking) has been begging to try his namesake. I think this recipe might just be what I use! It looks fun, different, and really appetizing! Thanks for inspiring me! – Jerusha, TheDisneyChef.com

• allthatsjas Post author

OMG, that’s too funny! What a nickname, I love it 🙂 You have to make it, even if you only use a baby eggplant just for him. It wasn’t until my late adulthood that I started warming up to eggplant meals. With enough garlic, I can eat anything, ha! Thanks for stopping in!

19. Ann GrubbsnCritters

I’ve got a question for you, Jas, in no direct relation to your recipe (havent got the hang of eggplants yet!) : what and how do you get to the printed recipe template like you have there? Sorry if the question sounds silly (am still learning!) …I’ve been googling and I’m just curious what you use for yours. 🙂

20. Bam's Kitchen

I am a huge eggplant fan and yours is just so pretty! Love this idea and so simple to make so that is even better. Now the Asian eggplant would be really long, but really skinny, you would need a huge long platter to serve those up on.

• allthatsjas Post author

Lol, wipe your mouth 😀 I can’t wait for our eggplants too. How cute would baby eggplants look stuffed like this? They would make great individual servings.

21. Celebrate Woman

I love eggplants and have cooked something like that with different “fillings” between the layers. The result is always a delight!
    Love your version of the sandwich layered eggplant!