easy cream puffs - All that's Jas

Easy Cream Puffs

I think I speak for everyone when I say that easy recipes are the best. Baking used to intimidate me and I still see it somewhat as a challenge. With easy recipes like this one for cream puffs, I’m intimidated no more.

Easy Cream Puffs

easy cream puffs - All that's Jas

The upside for easy baking is obvious – you bake more often. The downside is, unfortunately, also obvious. You bake more often and you get more rounded.

What isn’t obvious is a diverse name this dessert has in various countries. For example, they call them airbags in Germany and princes’ fritters in Bosnia. All fitting names, if you think about it.

I used to think it takes a pastry chef to make cream puffs but with this easy recipe even my husband can make them. Of course, this is a short cut recipe, not a real deal, but tasty even so. What are your favorite easy dessert recipes? My other go-to quickies are drunken peach cobbler and this quick yogurt dessert, but I will gladly spend a good portion of a day baking for a really good cake. The tiramisu cheesecake is worth all the effort!

These airy, creamy puffs are so easy to make and even easier to eat, you won't be able to… Click To Tweet

easy cream puffs - All that's Jas

Makes 18-22

1 package frozen Puff Pastry (2 sheets), thawed
1 ½ cup Milk
1 (5 oz.) package Vanilla Instant Pudding and Pie Filling
¾ cup thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

Unfold one pastry sheet and roll out to 10-inch square on a lightly floured surface. Using a cookie cutter, or rim of a glass, cut into rounds (or any other shape you wish). You will get 9 rounds with a 3-inch cutter. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.

Repeat with the second pastry sheet. You can use different shaped cookie cutter or cut it into squares (no waste here). Bake 10 minutes; cool completely.

Meanwhile, beat milk and dry pudding in a large bowl with a wire whisk until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.

Cut the puffs horizontally in half. Spoon pudding mixture evenly into bottom halves of puffs; cover with tops. Drizzle with melted chocolate or sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Easy, four ingredient, cream puffs recipe that will become your favorite! Click To Tweet

easy-puffs

easy cream puffs - All that's Jas

Easy Cream Puffs

Rating: 51

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 18-22

Easy Cream Puffs

These airy, creamy puffs are so easy to make and even easier to eat, you won't be able to stop.

• 1 package frozen Puff Pastry (2 sheets), thawed
  • 1 ½ cup Milk
  • 1 (5 oz.) package Vanilla Instant Pudding and Pie Filling
  • ¾ cup thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

Cut the puffs horizontally in half. Spoon pudding mixture evenly into bottom halves of puffs; cover with tops. Drizzle with melted chocolate or sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Notes

I hate wasting food and tried to make more puffs by reusing the pastry scraps. It did not work. The pastry didn't raise. Lesson learned. Now I only make square shaped cream puffs and have almost no scraps. I only discard the seam where the pastry sheet was folded.

This recipe is featured on Share It Link Party and Weekend Project Ideas

Looking forward to connecting with you soon.

For more quick recipes and tips follow my All that’s Jas Facebook page or social network of your preference. It makes my day 🙂

Jas is a cheesecake addict and the author of the Balkan Comfort Food cookbook available on Amazon. You can download a free excerpt of the book when you subscribe to All that's Jas newsletter updates. To learn more about Jas visit her About page.

Beverly
    August 29, 2015 at 11:41 am

What a great treat this would be. I love how easy they seem to be. Thanks for sharing on Snickerdoodle Sunday. I hope to see you there for this week’s party. Pinned and Tweeted.
    Beverly recently posted…Saying Hello To Fall with a Grapevine WreathMy Profile

August 29, 2015 at 4:01 pm

Thanks, Beverly! These are super easy and yummy. See you Sunday 🙂

Kelly
    August 27, 2015 at 12:17 am

These look soooo good and you had me at easy! (wink) Thanks so much for linking up to Inspiration2. You’re being featured at the par-tay this week. xo
    Kelly recently posted…Weekend Project Ideas | Party Time!My Profile

August 27, 2015 at 8:30 am

Oh, that’s great! Thank you, Kelly! XO

3. […] Easy Cream Puffs via All that’s Jas Yes, please!!  Give me them all and no one gets hurt… haha! […]

stephanie
    August 25, 2015 at 2:42 am

I have got to make this soon! Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! This post has been pinned on the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! I love having you and can’t wait to see you next week!
    stephanie recently posted…Protecting the VowMy Profile

August 25, 2015 at 12:51 pm

Many thanks, Stephanie! 🙂

Jennifer
    August 23, 2015 at 10:22 pm

I’m definitely making this, Jas! Thanks for linking up at the Weekend Blog Hop at My Flagstaff Home!

Jennifer

August 24, 2015 at 9:35 am

I hope you do 🙂 Thanks for hosting every week!

Simple Nature Decor
    August 23, 2015 at 9:43 am

Such a gorgeous photo as usual, the recipe looks amazing, thanks for sharing this on Dream Create and inspire, you are such a doll.. Hugs Maria

August 23, 2015 at 11:34 am

Aw, right back at ya, Maria! 🙂 🙂 Thanks for visiting!!!

Bismah
    August 22, 2015 at 10:50 am

Oh these look so delicious! I really like how they seem super easy to make. I will have to give them a try. Thank you for sharing at the “Dear Creatives Linky”!
    Bismah recently posted…6 Ways to Naturally Remove Crayon MarksMy Profile

August 22, 2015 at 10:52 am

Thanks, they are really easy, especially if you just cut the pastry in squares. Thanks for stopping in and have a great weekend!

Ann GrubbsnCritters
    August 22, 2015 at 10:27 am

My mom used to make these cream puffs for us, and she used to do the pastry by hand filled with chocolate custard. I could never get enough of those, but they are quite back-breaking to make. Your version looks soooo much easier. I’ll be a pff pro in no time!! :p Although this makes me miss my mom’s puffs!
    Ann GrubbsnCritters recently posted…Fabulous Friday Flavour: Lychee Rainbow Chiffon with Mint FrostingMy Profile

August 22, 2015 at 10:49 am

Nothing can replace homemade baking from scratch, especially mom’s (except my mom, she hated to bake and even when she tried it turned out horrible, lol). But this short-cut comes pretty close. You could use chocolate pudding too! 🙂

Vashti Quiroz-Vega
    August 20, 2015 at 1:53 pm

Hi! These look simple and scrumptious. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Pinning! 😛
    Vashti Quiroz-Vega recently posted…Writer’s Quote Wednesday – Easy ReadingMy Profile

August 21, 2015 at 10:30 am

Thank you so much, Vashti! Wishing you a blessed weekend 🙂

My Rose Colored Shades
    August 20, 2015 at 12:41 pm

I know it says “easy” cream puffs but they sure look like they’re hard to make. The look beautiful and delicious!
    My Rose Colored Shades recently posted…Weekly Wisdom: Am I Living by the Spirit?My Profile

August 21, 2015 at 10:32 am

That’s the point, lol, to make them look like you slaved over them. But I promise they are super easy 🙂 Thanks for stopping in and have a blessed weekend!

August 20, 2015 at 3:39 am

Oh boy, even I the anti baker that hates to measure could handle this recipe! Great idea Jas! Just pinned!
    Bam’s Kitchen recently posted…BAM’s KITCHEN HAS MOVEDMy Profile

August 20, 2015 at 8:06 am

I hear you, Bam! I hate measuring too and love easy baking recipes. Thank you and have a wonderful day and weekend ahead.

Heaven
    August 19, 2015 at 10:21 pm

My daughter’s go-to recipe is cream puffs, but these are so much faster! I’ll save this for her. Thanks!
    Heaven recently posted…Farmer’s CasseroleMy Profile

August 20, 2015 at 8:04 am

I hope she likes this version, Heaven! Thanks for stopping in and have a great day!

sarahgiebens
    August 18, 2015 at 3:31 pm

They look super cute and super delicious!
    sarahgiebens recently posted…Oreo CupcakesMy Profile

August 18, 2015 at 3:44 pm

Thanks, Sarah! They are yummy! 🙂

Jasna
    August 17, 2015 at 9:17 am

Uh-huh,…crunchy and creamy; who can resist them?!

August 17, 2015 at 9:39 am

Not anybody in my household, that’s for sure…lol. Have a great week, Jasna!