Bosnian food

Thursday Favorite Things 207 and food highlights

Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop

I’m baaaaack! You guys, I had so much fun, but it is good to be back! I ate a lot, and I mean A LOT, but I also walked miles. Here are my favorite food highlights from the trip. Next week I’ll share non-food photos 🙂

We’ll start with an appetizer. A selection of cheeses and smoked meats served with a basket of bread varieties. If you follow me on Instagram, you know how often I like snacking on those while sipping on wine.

Bosnian food

Grilled platter. Incredible assortment and flavor, this was by far the best grilled meal I have ever eaten.

Bosnian food

Bosnian favorite fast food ćevapi (pronounced tɕɛv̞ǎːpi)– grilled minced beef and lamb meat, seasoned and formed into sausages, served on a somun – type of flat bread. Not the best photo, due to my impatience. I literally stuffed my face as soon as I could. YUM 🙂

Bosnian food

Pita (pie) – traditional homemade phyllo dough filled with either meat, potatoes, spinach, cheese, zucchini or apples. Savory ones are served with drinkable yogurt. They go together like two peas in a pod. Another street-food favorite these are made under the dome which is then covered in hot charcoal (you can see three domes in the photo). The best flavor ever! Here are my shortcut recipes for spinach/cheese and cheese pitas baked in the oven.

Bosnian food

I indulged in a fancy dinner too. I had veal cutlets stuffed with smoked cheese, ham and roasted red pepper on a bed of mushroom sauce. Why didn’t I think of making that dish? Well, I’m thinking now…stay tuned. 😉

Bosnian food

There’s nothing like street-corn. Our corn is less sweet and more dense. Just the way I love it!

Bosnian food

Need I say anything about desserts? I think pictures speak for themselves.

Bosnian food Bosnian food

Let's get this party started. Link up your favorite post or a post about your favorite… Click To Tweet

Welcome to the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. We invite you to link up and share your favorite post or a post about your favorite things.

We can’t wait to see what you share!

new-logo

KatherineKatherines Corner || Twitter || Pinterest || Facebook || Google + || Instagram || Bloglovin’||
NinaVintage Mama’s Cottage || Twitter || Pinterest || Facebook || Google + || Instagram || Bloglovin’||
DebiSurroundings by Debi || Twitter || Pinterest || Facebook || Google + || Instagram || Bloglovin’||
JasAll That’s Jas || Twitter || Pinterest || Facebook || Google + || Instagram || Bloglovin’||
ErikaWhat Erika Wears || Twitter || Pinterest || Facebook || Google + || Instagram || Bloglovin’||
BettyMy Cozy Corner || Twitter || Pinterest || Facebook || Google + || Instagram || Bloglovin’||
RinaI Thee Cook || Twitter || Pinterest || Facebook || Google + || Instagram || Bloglovin’||
RosemaryAn Italian in My Kitchen || Twitter || Pinterest || Facebook || Google + || Instagram || Bloglovin’||

rule

Adding your link to this blog hop gives Katherine and her hostesses’ permission to share your posts and pictures via social media, on Pinterest and as features on their blogs

Thursday Favorite Things Button

Adding your link to this blog hop gives Katherine and her hostesses permission to share your posts and pictures via social media, on Pinterest and as features on their blogs.

Looking forward to connecting with you soon.

For more quick recipes and tips follow my All that’s Jas Facebook page or social network of your preference. It makes my day 🙂

Jas is a cheesecake addict and the author of the Balkan Comfort Food cookbook available on Amazon. You can download a free excerpt of the book when you subscribe to All that's Jas newsletter updates. To learn more about Jas visit her About page.

Wheat Pudding - All that's Jas
    November 30, 2015 at 7:00 am

[…] made fun of for meeting everyone I wanted to see at the same place. This was during my last trip home when I was reconnecting with old friends and family. The said meeting place of my choice was the […]

Thursday Favorite Things 208 -
    October 9, 2015 at 2:35 pm

[…] still paying for all the great food I had while visiting home. Of course, I was inspired by it and had to recreate some of the dishes I […]

Veal Rolls with Smoked Cheese -
    October 9, 2015 at 2:07 pm

[…] you missed the photo I posted of this fancy dish I had back home, you can find it here. It was so delicious I just had to recreate it. The list of ingredients is simple, yet the taste is […]

4. […] these lovelies:  Word Filled Wednesday | A Little R & R | Coffee and Conversation | Thursday Favorite Things | SHINE with Jennifer & Tiffany | Thought Provoking Thursday | Cozy Reading […]

April
    September 25, 2015 at 8:36 am

Welcome back! Thanks for the party, and have a great weekend.

September 25, 2015 at 12:08 pm

Thank you, April. Glad to be back! Hope your weekend is great as well 🙂

Rina I Thee Cook
    September 24, 2015 at 11:00 am

Look at all that amazing food! I’m drooling! Looks like you had a fantastic time!

September 24, 2015 at 2:35 pm

I did! It was fattening, though. LOL

7. […] I Wore | Oh, Hey Girl | Watcha Wearing Wednesday | Color and Grace | Thursday Favorite Things | Thursday Fashion Files with Doused in Pink and Curly Crafty Mom | Throw Back […]

My Rose Colored Shades
    September 24, 2015 at 8:36 am

Welcome back! Everything looks delicious. My mouth was watering as I was looking thru your pictures.
    My Rose Colored Shades recently posted…Weekly Wisdom: I Can Never Be Good Enough But Christ is EnoughMy Profile

September 24, 2015 at 9:25 am

Thank you! Yeah, we eat well. Not the healthiest food (notice lack of veggies), but so good. Now I need to diet. Blessings to you and thanks for joining the hop!

Mary-In the boondocks
    September 24, 2015 at 12:17 am

Welcome back, and what lovely goodies you have brought with you. Now you have made me so hungry I’m going to go and have a huge breakfast. Thanks for hosting Jas.
    Mary-In the boondocks recently posted…Banishing the Shine  – Εξορίζοντας  τη λάμψη!My Profile

September 24, 2015 at 9:22 am

Thank you, Mary! After all that food I need to diet, lol. I am glad to be back! We have a saying that rhymes and it translates to something like: Travel everywhere but always come back home. 🙂 Hugs!

Jasna
    September 23, 2015 at 10:20 pm

Hohohoho,….jedini spas je to sto se u Bosni mnogo hoda. Nadam se da ti je srce sad na mjestu 🙂
    Jasna recently posted…Vegetable MuffinsMy Profile

September 25, 2015 at 12:13 pm

Jeste, da samo znas! I srce i stomak 😉 (ne znam zasto svaki tvoj komentar zavrsi u spam folder pa ga moram otamo izvlaciti, samo znaj daje to razlog sto ti kasnim sa odgovorima)