PHOTO FRIDAY 25 – Chicago

When I lived in Germany, my favorite thing to do during holiday season was to browse Christmas markets. Luckily, I don’t have to miss out on it. Every December, husband and I drive to Chicago around my birthday to visit their German Christkindlmarket. This year was our 6th annual visit. Usually, at this time of the year it’s snowing and temps are in the teens, but this week it was sunny and 54 F. We enjoyed Navy Pier before we went to the market for some traditional German food and Glühwein (mulled wine). Here are some highlights, taken with my cellphone.

Photo Friday – Chicago

We started off at Navy Pier.

Chicago - All that's Jas

And wandered to the market.

Chicago - All that's Jas

We saw some interesting textures.

Chicago - All that's Jas

I love how these shadows look like piano keys.

Good night, Chicago!

Chicago - All that's Jas

Looking forward to connecting with you soon.

For more quick recipes and tips follow my All that’s Jas Facebook page or social network of your preference. It makes my day 🙂

Jas is a cheesecake addict and the author of the Balkan Comfort Food cookbook available on Amazon. You can download a free excerpt of the book when you subscribe to All that's Jas newsletter updates. To learn more about Jas visit her About page.

image-in-ing: weekly photo linky
    December 15, 2015 at 4:22 pm

Neat series of photos. I was in Chicago just once and missed some of these sights. Perhaps I’ll go back some day.
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/12/beautiful-saint-maarten.html
    image-in-ing: weekly photo linky recently posted…Beautiful Saint MaartenMy Profile

December 16, 2015 at 7:09 am

You should! It’s a wonderful city 🙂

image-in-ing: weekly photo linky
    December 15, 2015 at 4:02 pm
      December 16, 2015 at 7:09 am

Thank you and thanks for hosting!

Marie-AZ
    December 15, 2015 at 10:25 am

Wonderful post! I know how much you must love your yearly visit! My Mom & Dad did a stop there on their way to Nebraska several times with a layover, and always enjoyed the city!

December 15, 2015 at 10:33 am

Thank you, Marie! It is a wonderful city 🙂

Brooke
    December 14, 2015 at 2:14 pm

Wow, looks like they really put on a legit Christkindlmarkt! I am missing the German holiday spirit this year, that is for sure! Thank you for visiting the blog–in case you didn’t see my response, here it is…Hi Jas, you can be biased, it really was one of the most beautiful days we’ve ever spent hiking. Never made it to Nordhein area, but there is a lot we didn’t get to. We spent our time mostly in Bavaria and trekking around the rest of EU. We were in Munich for 5 years.

December 14, 2015 at 8:40 pm

Oh, thank you, Brooke, for stopping in and repeating your response (which I totally missed). Nordhein area isn’t as glamorous as Bayern. We visited Schwangau last summer on our EU tour and truly enjoyed it. Still, there are always more places we’d like to visit. I’m envious of all your travels! Have a fabulous week!

Mersad
    December 14, 2015 at 12:42 pm

Such cool shots from Chicago. I have only read about the city but it has struck me as an awesome place for a visit. Thanks so much for linking in with “Through My Lens”
    Mersad

December 14, 2015 at 8:45 pm

Thank you, Mersad! It is an awesome city to visit and we do it often, but I could not live there. I’m an aggressive driver and traffic “stau” drives me nuts, lol.

December 11, 2015 at 10:57 am

I love those little light houses! And lovely picture of the skyline! Amaze balls.
    Ann recently posted…Fabulous Friday Flavour: Home-made Hot Chilli SauceMy Profile

December 11, 2015 at 7:46 pm