Pear and Prosciutto Pizza - All that's Jas

Pear and Prosciutto Pizza

Man, how did I go through all my life without this pear and prosciutto pizza? When my husband talked me into going to 4-H fair all we did was eat greasy fair food. We ate a large amount of meals and I’m not proud of it. One dish that still resonates with me, besides doughnut bacon cheeseburger, is this pear and prosciutto pizza originally called Just What The Doctor Ordered.

Fire truck with a wood fired pizza oven, cleverly named Fire-N-The Hole, had the crowd go wild. It was hard to pick just one specialty pizza and I’m so glad we settled on this one. The sweetness of the pear paired up with saltiness of the prosciutto creates a fantastic combination and goes great with the rest of the ingredients.

Pear and Prosciutto Pizza

This #pear and #prosciutto #pizza is just what the doctor ordered! Click To Tweet

This pear and prosciutto pizza is just what the doctor ordered

Of course, I don’t just whip up the pizza dough any time I want homemade pizza for dinner. As a matter of fact, I stopped making the dough ever since I discovered Naan bread as a super duper pizza crust substitute. Sometimes, and it works great when we have people over, I just set the Naan and pizza toppings out and everyone makes their own pizzas. Easy as pizza pie.

Since this pear and prosciutto pizza is just what the doctor ordered, I make it quite often. Naan bread comes in packs of two and it is perfect size for an individual pizza. Husband and I like to make them with different toppings and share. We always make German style pizza, das Flammkuchen, and then whatever toppings we have on hand, like in this Naan pizza.

Makes 2

1 package original Naan bread
2 tablespoons olive oil
6 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
3 oz. prosciutto, torn into pieces
1 small pear, sliced
1-2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
¼ cup shaved or sliced Parmesan cheese
Fresh basil leaves

Preheat oven to 420 degrees Fahrenheit.

Place Naan bread on an ungreased cookie sheet. Brush tops with olive oil. Top with mozzarella slices, about 3-4 per crust (it doesn’t need to be completely covered with cheese). Add remaining ingredients ensuring not to overcrowd. You might have leftover ingredients but they make a great snack in between meals.

Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the bread is browned on the edges and cheese has melted. Serve immediately. Enjoy!

This pear and prosciutto pizza is just what the doctor ordered

This pear and prosciutto pizza is just what the doctor ordered

This pear and prosciutto pizza is just what the doctor ordered

Crazy fair food!

fair food

Pear and Prosciutto Pizza

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 15 minutes

Pear and Prosciutto Pizza

This sweet and savory pizza is just what the doctor ordered!

• 1 package original Naan bread
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 6 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
  • 3 oz. prosciutto, torn into pieces
  • 1 small pear, sliced
  • 1-2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
  • ¼ cup shaved or sliced Parmesan cheese
  • Fresh basil leaves

Preheat oven to 420 degrees Fahrenheit.

Recipe featured at Pinch of Joy, Divas Run for Bling, Everyday Made Fresh, A savory Feast, and I Say Nomato.

Jas is a cheesecake addict and the author of the Balkan Comfort Food cookbook available on Amazon. You can download a free excerpt of the book when you subscribe to All that's Jas newsletter updates. To learn more about Jas visit her About page.

1. […] learn how easy it really is to make great bread. You’ll even be able to make some great pizza once you get the knack for […]

My 2016 Top 10 Posts - All that's Jas
    December 29, 2016 at 7:41 am

[…] 7. Pear and Prosciutto Pizza […]

ZazaCook
    September 22, 2016 at 9:53 am

Wow, this pizza is fantastic. So beautiful and very tasty looking! Can’t wait to make this pizza! Thanks for sharing:)
    ZazaCook recently posted…Mini Chocolate CakesMy Profile

September 23, 2016 at 8:10 am

Merci, Zaza! Hope you like it as much as I do! 🙂

The Wednesday Showcase September 20, 2016
    September 21, 2016 at 7:57 am

[…] Pear and Prosciutto Pizza from All That’s Jas […]

The Wednesday Showcase #66 | I Say Nomato
    September 20, 2016 at 9:35 pm

[…] Pear and Prosciutto Pizza from All That’s Jas […]

6. […] Pear and Prosciutto Pizza from All That’s Jas […]

Busy Monday 234 | A Pinch of Joy
    September 18, 2016 at 4:31 pm

[…] H2O Bungalow — How to Lubricate Door Locks and Hinges       All That’s Jas — Pear and Prosciutto Pizza   Just Plain Marie — Disaster [Evacuation] Plan for Pets    Get Busy Gardening — […]

Mary-the boondocks blog
    September 13, 2016 at 10:20 am

Jas, this is such a yummy pizza! I also don’t make my own dough. I use pita bread, is that like Naan bread? And I’ve never tried pears on a pizza. Now you gave me something to look forward to.
    Mary-the boondocks blog recently posted…A Stroll Thru the Town WaterfrontMy Profile

September 13, 2016 at 10:33 am

Hi, Mary! Naan bread is more dense and it’s not sliced like pita bread (unless you have different pita breads than offered here). I think whatever pizza crust you’re happy with will work. The idea is just a quick pizza with yummy toppings 🙂

Quinn Caudill
    September 13, 2016 at 7:02 am

I love a nice twist on pizza and using naan bread makes it so easy, Thanks for sharing with us at Throwback Thursday. Pinned and shared!
    Quinn Caudill recently posted…Throwback Thursday 54My Profile

September 13, 2016 at 10:31 am

Thank you, Quinn! Can’t complain about easy and yummy dishes 🙂

September 11, 2016 at 9:33 am

My husband calls this kind of pizza a “designer” pizza – I call it delicious! Thanks for sharing on the What’s for Dinner link up
    Helen at the Lazy Gastronome recently posted…What’s for Dinner? Sunday link up # 61My Profile

September 12, 2016 at 4:02 pm

LOL, it could be, but it’s delicious and doesn’t have the “designer” price 😉

Frugal Hausfrau
    September 11, 2016 at 4:23 am

I’m officially in love with this! I did have one kind of like this once, without the tomato, but either way sounds delish!

Thanks for sharing at Throwback Thursday!

Mollie
    Frugal Hausfrau recently posted…Crab Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno PoppersMy Profile

September 11, 2016 at 8:48 am

You can leave out tomato and it will still taste amazing 🙂 Thanks for stopping in!

Angie @ ambient wares
    September 10, 2016 at 9:53 pm

I must say, I don’t eat a lot of breads but, the times I do, I want it to be as tasty as it can be. This is definitely something I’m going to try since Naan bread is amazing in every way. Your pictures are unbelievable and they’re doing their job of enticing 🙂 Thanks much for sharing at Funtastic Friday!

September 11, 2016 at 8:50 am

Thanks, Angie! That means a lot as I am very critical of my pictures. Hope your Sunday is glorious!

Keri
    September 10, 2016 at 8:35 am

Jas, this pizza sounds amazing!! I’m going to try this next time I make homemade pizza. Thanks for the recipe!! The fair food sounds good. I’ve never had a donut burger but I can imagine it’s yummy.
    Keri recently posted…Sweet Inspiration Link Party #23My Profile

September 10, 2016 at 2:33 pm

Thank you, Keri! That was my first doughnut burger and it tasted better than I imagined, but I wouldn’t eat it more than once a year, lol. A heart attack waiting to happen 🙂

Catherine
    September 9, 2016 at 8:05 pm

Hi Jas
    Ok, this looks so delicious and easy! But…I’ve never heard of Naan bread — where would I find this in the grocery store? Any particular section? It looks similar to a tortilla…. Definitely sounds good to me!
    Catherine (newest follower of your blogging adventures!) 🙂 🙂

September 10, 2016 at 2:39 pm

Hi Catherine! Thank you for liking my blog enough to follow! Welcome 🙂 Our stores place Naan bread in front of the deli. They usually have a little shelf with all kinds of wraps and specialty bread. Try to look there, I hope you’ll find it. If not, ask a store associate if they carry it.

Easy Peasy Life Matters
    September 8, 2016 at 12:20 pm

This looks like the perfect comfort food for fall! 🙂
    Easy Peasy Life Matters recently posted…Healthy Living Link Party #79My Profile

September 8, 2016 at 1:44 pm

I agree. It’s also anything you want it to be 🙂

Katrin
    September 6, 2016 at 1:37 am

Jas, I would have never gotten the idea to use Naan bread for this, how great! And I must must try this combination of prosciutto and pear, it must be amazing!! What a delicious recipe and your photos are so pretty!!
    Katrin recently posted…Fall leaf book page bannerMy Profile

September 6, 2016 at 7:01 am

Thank you, Katrin! It relly goes together and Naan makes a perfect crust. Thanks for stopping in!

September 2, 2016 at 6:36 pm

Jas! I want to kiss you!! That is really clever using Naan bread and I’ve never ever thought of using it as pizza. I’ve always dreaded to make a pizza dough from scratch. In the last few years, I’ve avoided naan (fattening!) even though my husband loves it. Still, this is a fab meal. I’m inspired!

September 2, 2016 at 8:56 pm

Oh, don’t say naan is fattening, I’m gonna cry, lol! We don’t eat it too often, only when in time crunch. You have to try it…any topping works! Mwaah

Jasna
    September 1, 2016 at 6:23 pm

What a combo…have to try it some day. Have a good weekend Jas!
    Jasna recently posted…Apple and Rhubarb Crumble PieMy Profile

September 2, 2016 at 9:01 pm

Thanks, Jasna! Wishing you an amazing weekend too! 🙂

August 31, 2016 at 7:43 am

These photos of the cheesy pear and prosciutto pizza are out of this world. Pinned! How crazy is deep fried pickles and twinkies.. ?!?!I did not know that you worked to the American Red Cross, a much needed organization. Looking forward to catching up. Take Care.

August 31, 2016 at 8:17 am

Hi, Bobbi! Thank you so much! Hope all is well…long time no talk 🙂 Yeah, fair food is a heart attack waiting to happen, lol. XO