If you love cooking, fun, and a challenge, this free recipe and cooking game is for you!
RECIPE SHOWDOWN – Cooking Game
This game exists in the region of former Yugoslavia on the blog called Kuvarigrice. Recipe showdown was created following the example of a cooking game on Kuvarigrice, with the desire to play and adapt to blogs in English.
The best part?
How do we play it?
The participants, in addition to food bloggers, can be anyone interested to play and who has the ability to make their work published on the internet (photo gallery, forums, Facebook, etc.)If you love #cooking, #fun, and a #challenge, this #free #recipe and #cooking #game is for… Click To Tweet
The rules of the game “Recipe Showdown”
- The host site for a particular month sets the key ingredient/food product that participants must use. The ingredient is given on the 1st of the month. (The first game will start here on January 1st)
- Any time during that month, participants make a dish with the given ingredient and publish the recipe on internet with a link to the homepage of the game (this page), and a link to the post in which ingredient is given (host site).
- The participant who has already published a recipe with a given ingredient, regardless of the date, can use it to share, following the same rules (link to the host site and the game homepage).
- Participants have to e-mail the host page the following information:
– URL of the page where the recipe was published
– Photo of the finished dish
- The host site will publish all submissions with links in a post at the end of that month and select a winner/new host site for the next month. The host site can, if they wish, send a small gift to the winner.
- The host site will share the post on their social media.
- Re-entering the same recipe and repeating the host site is allowed after 2 years (subject to change).
Here’s the deal:
The game homepage (this page) will keep a running list of all host sites and ingredients, hence the rule to link here (so we can keep track).
Let’s have fun and cook something up! Make sure to come back to All that’s Jas on January 1st for the first ingredient!
P.S. Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions. After the first official game is published in January, the game will be more clear.
Thank you for participating!
Share your creations on social media using hashtags #RecipeShowdown & #allthatsjas
Host sites and ingredients: