pan-seared pork chops with dijon mustard sauce - All that's Jas

Pan-Seared Pork Chops with Dijon Mustard Sauce

I got a big surprise when I opened the package of what the label claimed was chicken. My heart was set on Italian chicken with artichoke sauce for dinner. I had peeled potatoes to make the best mashed potatoes and had all my ingredients out. What I found in the package was the other white meat. Instead of chicken, we had impromptu pork chops with mustard sauce. Although it turned out delicious, I was still muttering under my breath.

Strike three for my butcher.

I’m not going to rant about him, but let’s just say I’ve found another non-GMO, hormone and antibiotic free meat market. If only I could be a vegetarian, but I’m a carnivore through and through. I’ll cry if I see road kill but I can’t give up eating meat. Sigh.

Since my chicken plan was down the drain I thought creamy scalloped potatoes would go better with the baked pork chops. No fingers were sliced this time. At least these chops were boneless, although smaller in size. Luckily, there were six. With an Asian-style zucchini salad to go along (recipe coming soon), this dinner was nothing to complain about.

The best part?

It’s easy and quick to make. The pork chops are pan seared and while they’re resting, you make Dijon mustard sauce in the same pan. Easy – peasy. I still want that Italian chicken, though.

Pork Chops with Mustard Sauce

When you expect chicken but get the other white meat, you still make a delicious meal.… Click To Tweet

pan-seared pork chops with dijon mustard sauce - All that's Jas

Serves 4

4 large boneless pork chops
Salt and black pepper
A dash of ginger powder (optional)
2 tablespoons oil
½ cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
¼ cup heavy cream

In a large pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Season pork chops with salt, pepper, and ginger (I always dust pork with ginger; it gives the meat a little extra something-something). Add chops to the pan and sear until browned, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.

pan-seared pork chops with dijon mustard sauce - All that's Jas

In the same pan add the chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and add lemon juice, mustard, and heavy cream, stirring until combined. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.

To serve, spoon sauce over pork chops.

pan-seared pork chops with dijon mustard sauce - All that's Jas

Pan-Seared Pork Chops with Dijon Mustard Sauce

Pan-Seared Pork Chops with Dijon Mustard Sauce

Delicious pan-seared pork chops with Dijon mustard sauce is my family's new favorite dish.

• 4 large boneless pork chops
  • Salt and black pepper
  • A dash of ginger powder (optional)
  • 2 tablespoons oil
  • ½ cup chicken broth
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • ¼ cup heavy cream

To serve, spoon sauce over pork chops.

My family’s other favorite pork chop dish is this one topped with cauliflower and cheese. How do you like your pork chops prepared?

This recipe is featured on Imparting Grace.

1. […] gluten-free bread crumbs if you have dietary restrictions or try these pan-seared pork chops […]

Quick and Easy Asian Zucchini Salad
    March 3, 2017 at 10:59 am

[…] Asian zucchini salad was a nice contrast to mustard pork chops and scalloped potatoes we had for dinner the other day. It’s easily a new favorite and it […]

Keri
    March 2, 2017 at 11:35 am

Jas, these pork chops sound good. It’s been forever since I’ve made pork chops but seeing how yummy these look, I’ll have to put them on the menu. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
    Keri recently posted…FREE Proverbs 31 PrintablesMy Profile

March 2, 2017 at 12:19 pm

Hi, Keri! I’m kind of glad it wasn’t the chicken in the package, lol. They turned out great 🙂

Richella Parham
    March 2, 2017 at 9:06 am

Well, you may have been disappointed not to get chicken when that’s what you ordered, but these pork chops look absolutely delicious!! Thank you for sharing the recipe. I’m pinning it for future reference!

Thanks so much for joining the Grace at Home party. I’m featuring you this week!
    Richella Parham recently posted…From the ashesMy Profile

March 2, 2017 at 12:08 pm

Thank you so much for the feature, Richella! I’m thrilled!!! And, yes, the chops turned out perfect! Blessings

February 28, 2017 at 11:52 am

What a beautiful platter of amazing Pork Chops, that sauce looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome recipe with us at Full Plate Thursday and you have a great week!
    Miz Helen recently posted…Spring Garden ProjectsMy Profile

February 28, 2017 at 10:51 pm

Thank you for hosting each week, Miz Helen!

Karen Del Tatto
    February 27, 2017 at 11:27 am

This sounds like a no fail recipe with an explosion of flavor! I make a similar recipe for chicken.

I never knew that about ginger and pork chops, but it makes sense!

Thanks for sharing!

February 28, 2017 at 11:06 pm

A friend of mine shared that ginger secret with me a decade ago and I use it ever since 🙂 Thanks for stopping in!

Carol
    February 27, 2017 at 8:59 am

Alas, my pork chop talent is nil–mine are like hockey pucks. But maybe it’s just that I need the right recipe. I’ll try this one. Over from Over the Moon linky.

February 28, 2017 at 11:10 pm

You made me giggle! Sometimes mine get like hokey pucks too and I’ve been known for burning few dishes. So it’s not so much a talent as determination, ha!

Jay @ JayTriedAndTrue
    February 27, 2017 at 6:11 am

Mustard and pork are BFF’s, this sounds delish. I would love you to share it at Smell Good Sunday http://jaytriedandtrue.blogspot.com/2017/02/smell-good-sunday-9.html

February 28, 2017 at 11:10 pm

Thank you, Jay! See you there 🙂

Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond
    February 26, 2017 at 11:36 pm

thanks for linking up with us at #OvertheMoon. I’ve pinned and shared your post on social media. It looks delicious!
    Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond recently posted…Is it time to take stock of your life?My Profile

February 26, 2017 at 11:56 pm

Thank you, Sue, appreciate it. Have a great week!

February 26, 2017 at 6:04 pm

This looks so good! Thanks for sharing on the What’s for Dinner link up!
    Helen at the Lazy Gastronome recently posted…What’s for Dinner? – Sunday Link up #85My Profile

February 26, 2017 at 8:25 pm

Thank you! Have a great week!

Jen Gregor
    February 25, 2017 at 12:58 pm

Looks amazing! I pinned it and can’t wait to try it. Thanks for sharing at the Friday at the Fire Station link up party!
    Jen Gregor recently posted…Friday at the Fire Station Link-Up Party #1My Profile

February 25, 2017 at 11:03 pm

Thanks, Jen! 😀

February 25, 2017 at 9:33 am

You’d think a butcher of all people would know the difference! At least you were able to think on your feet and this looks like a delicious dinner. You certainly wouldn’t have heard any complaints out of me!
    Carlee recently posted…Presidential Blueberry Bundt Cake #PresidentsDayRecipeMy Profile

February 25, 2017 at 9:55 am

You’d think! It happened twice. Granted, each time when I called to pre-order, but still…When he messed up my Thanksgiving turkey I had enough.

Theresa @DearCreatives
    February 24, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Hi Jas, This recipe looks so good. I wish I could get my daughter to eat pork chops but, I know I’m going to make this when she is going on a sleep over. 😉 Thanks for sharing at the Inspiration Spotlight Party. Pinned & shared.
    Theresa @DearCreatives recently posted…Inspiration Spotlight Linkup Party 234 Join Us! Crafts, DIY, Home Decor, Beauty & Fashion, Recipes…My Profile

February 25, 2017 at 9:40 am

Thank you, Theresa! My 4-yo granddaughter is not a fan of meat either.

Sandra
    February 23, 2017 at 1:20 pm

Yummy! This is my kind of meal and I’ll be adding these ingredients to my grocery list this week.
    Sandra recently posted…Hot White Chocolate 2 WaysMy Profile

February 23, 2017 at 8:26 pm

I’m glad I inspired your dinner, Sandra! You won’t regret it 😀

Ali B
    February 22, 2017 at 2:56 am

That Dijon mustard sauce looks amazing! I generally bake my chops, so next time I will add the delectable sauce.
    Ali B recently posted…Look at a Cookbook – The New Irish Table: Recipes From Ireland’s Top ChefsMy Profile

February 22, 2017 at 9:38 pm

Hi, Ali! I hope you’ll like it as much as we did. 🙂 Let me know!

February 21, 2017 at 10:36 am

I don’t care whether I can cook, or not, this is going on the menu for tomorrow. Finish, klaar, kaput. The hubby will just have to come to the party and do that searing thing, I think I can handle the sauce. Thanks Jas, I’m glad your white meat changed into something else 😉

February 21, 2017 at 11:18 pm

Lol, Michelle, my husband stays out of the kitchen while I cook, but gladly cleans up. I like it that way 😀

Mrs Shoes
    February 20, 2017 at 2:11 pm

I’ve never had dijon mustard. True story. Shocking, I know.
    Since we have 2 freezers full of home-grown pork & rabbit, I believe I will write dijon mustard on my shopping list & give this recipe a go.
    Look at you winning friends & influencing strangers!

February 20, 2017 at 9:40 pm

I love Dijon mustard and prefer it over yellow, especially with bratwurst. Give it a try!
      Btw, thank you, I am thrilled I can influence strangers and always happy making new friends! 😀