Chipotle Burrito Sauce | All that's Jas

How To Make Chipotle Burrito Sauce

Make this chipotle sauce at home in 5 minutes with only 5 ingredients

You know your homemade dish was super delicious when everyone is asking you for the recipe. It’s also the highest honor a cook can receive, in my opinion. So when I was asked how to make chipotle burrito sauce I was more than happy to share.

The one thing everyone knows about me is that I like quick and easy meals. Another thing I’m known for is that I don’t like bland food. Β This sauce meets both my criteria: it’s super easy & quick to make and it’s full of flavor.

What is better than that?

A dish made with only a handful of ingredients like this chipotle burrito sauce is even better. Mix together sour cream, lime juice, garlic, and chipotle in adobo and you have the tastiest sauce there is.

Do you like your food spicy, medium hot or fire-in-the-mouth hot? Adjust the heat to your liking by gradually adding more of chipotle in adobo. I prefer to know what my food tastes like, so just a little kick for me is enough.

Drizzle over burritos and tacos or serve with tortilla chips, on a sandwich, and even over a salad.Β  Now you can enjoy your favorite sauce without the trip (and expense) to a Mexican restaurant.

How To Make Chipotle Burrito Sauce

Homemade #chipotle #burrito #sauce in 5 minutes. Creamy, spicy, and delicious! Click To Tweet

1 cup sour cream or mayonnaise
2 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (more if you like it hot)
1 clove garlic, minced
Juice of 1 lime
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

~ Free Tip ~

Substitute chipotle peppers in adobo with chipotle paste. Add chopped chives, then whisk ingredients together.

Add sour cream, chipotle peppers, garlic, lime juice, salt, and pepper to a food processor and pulse until thoroughly combined.

Transfer sauce into a serving bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

How to make chipotle burrito sauce

Easy to make chipotle burrito sauce in 5 minutes

How To Make Chipotle Burrito Sauce

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Total Time: 5 minutes

Yield: 1 cup

How To Make Chipotle Burrito Sauce

Drizzle this creamy, spicy sauce over burritos, tacos, serve with tortilla chips, on a sandwich, or even over a salad.

• 1 cup sour cream or mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (more if you like it hot)
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Transfer sauce into a serving bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Notes

~ Free Tip ~

Pin it: Chipotle Burrito Sauce

Creamy chipotle sauce with garlic, sour cream, lime juice, and chipotle in adobo to serve with burritos, tacos, tortilla chips, on sandwiches or salads

See this recipe featured at A Crafty Mix

1. […] chipotle burrito sauceΒ  I shared a few weeks ago takes this bowl to a whole new level and the best part is that you can […]

Teresa - Aging Like a Fine Wine
    June 10, 2017 at 3:16 pm

Jas, you have the best recipes! Chipotle is a favorite flavor around our house and this sounds so good, plus easy to make! Thanks for sharing your recipes at the #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty! I shared this on social media.
    Teresa – Aging Like a Fine Wine recently posted…Grillin’ & Chillin’ Giveaway Event Hop!My Profile

June 10, 2017 at 11:03 pm

Thank you, that’s so sweet of you to say, Teresa! I appreciate it very much. Have a wonderful weekend!

Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond
    June 10, 2017 at 2:01 am

I live in Australia, Jas and haven’t heard of adobo sauce. This looks spicy though! Thanks so much for sharing with us at #blogginggrandmotherslinkparty. I’ve pinned and shared on social media. Catch you at the link up next month!
    Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond.
    Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond recently posted…5 quotes to inspire health and wellnessMy Profile

June 10, 2017 at 11:01 pm

Any hot sauce would do the trick and you add as much or little as you like. I’m not a fan of too spicy food.

Grammy Dee from GrammysGrid.com
    June 8, 2017 at 2:18 pm

I’m going to try this but start with half so it won’t burn me up πŸ™‚ Thanks Jas for linking up at the #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty. I shared this post.
    Grammy Dee from GrammysGrid.com recently posted…Grandmothers – What Do Your Grandchildren Call You?My Profile

June 9, 2017 at 10:36 am

Yeah, you can add more heat but you can’t remove it.

Debbie Kitterman
    June 7, 2017 at 11:59 pm

My daughter loves chipotle sauce, it’s her favorite! I can’t wait to give her this recipe and try some! Thanks for the linking up with #TuneInThursday this week, Jas. See you next time!
    Debbie Kitterman recently posted…Get Your House in Order – Perseverance to Health Part 8My Profile

June 8, 2017 at 11:51 am

Thanks, Debbie!

Lori Hill-Smith
    June 6, 2017 at 11:07 pm

This sounds really good!
    Lori Hill-Smith recently posted…Blogging Grandmothers Link Party #16My Profile

June 8, 2017 at 11:42 am

Thank you.

June 6, 2017 at 12:40 pm

Your Chipotle Burrito Sauce looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great week and come back to see us real soon!
    Miz Helen recently posted…Garden Tour June 2017My Profile

June 5, 2017 at 9:52 am

Sounds delicious – I love chipotle! Thanks for sharing on the What’s for Dinner link up!

June 5, 2017 at 8:28 pm

Thank you, Helen!

Donna
    June 2, 2017 at 7:15 pm

Your recipes look amazing. Again, I greatly appreciate you sharing them at: #blogginggrandmotherslinkparty .
    I have shared this on my social media.

June 2, 2017 at 10:21 pm

Thank you so much! So kind of you to say πŸ˜€

Sandra
    June 2, 2017 at 4:05 pm

This is anything but bland and I can think of lots of things it would be good on and in. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, and have a great weekend.
    Sandra recently posted…Super Dark Chocolate Cake with Milk Chocolate Lavender MousseMy Profile

June 2, 2017 at 10:14 pm

Hi, Sandra! Yes, it can go with lots of things. Thanks for stopping in. Enjoy your weekend!

Karis
    May 30, 2017 at 3:06 pm

Yum!!! I can not wait to try this. I might make a special run to the store just to grab the few things I don’t have so we can make burrito bowls tonight.

May 30, 2017 at 11:48 pm

You won’t regret it! Let me know how it turned out πŸ˜€

May 30, 2017 at 8:15 am

This sounds amazing! I can’t wait to give it a try! I made the mistake of using a whole can of chipotles in adobo the first time I used it. We like spice but it was a bit much even for us! That’s a lesson you only have to learn once. πŸ˜‰ This would be great to dip taquitos in. I’m making it with the next batch for sure!
    Carlee recently posted…Laura’s Creamy Chicken TaquitosMy Profile

May 30, 2017 at 11:47 pm

OMG, hahaha, sorry…that had to hurt…twice, LOL. Oh yeah, this would go great with your yummy taquitos!

Karen (Back Road Journal)
    May 29, 2017 at 5:11 pm

Definitely sounds like a tasty addition to many Mexican dishes, thanks.
    Karen (Back Road Journal) recently posted…Almond Olive Oil Cake With Brown Butter GlazeMy Profile

May 29, 2017 at 6:03 pm

Thank you, Karen!

May 29, 2017 at 10:03 am

Whooooohooooo, I know how to use the blender so I can make this one. Are chipotles hot Jas? Sorry I don’t know a lot about chillies and I don’t want to blow my head off.
    Michelle recently posted…Comment on How to Make a Wooden Cable Spool from Scratch by acraftymixMy Profile

May 29, 2017 at 6:13 pm

Haha, use chipotle paste and save yourself cleaning of the blender. They are spicy. I always start with a half of what the recipe suggests and then keep adding more until I’m happy with it. I don’t like spitting fire or barking at my food either, ha!