weight-loss tips

5 Bizarre Tips To Help You Lose Weight

Guest post by Katrina Rice

bizarre weight loss tips

Losing weight is one of the most difficult goals a person can face. It takes time, dedication, commitment and a lot of hard work. Though there are different diet fads and exercise routines that can help you shed more weight faster, there are also unconventional tips you can follow to help you break plateaus in your weight loss journey.

5 Bizarre Tips To Help You Lose Weight

Below are some of the bizarre tips you can follow to boost your fitness level and help you gain more control of your diet.

Check out these 5 bizarre tips to help you lose weight. #weightloss #howtoloseweight Click To Tweet

#1 Eat More At Breakfast And Less At Dinner

There are individuals who do not believe in the power of breakfast. Believe it or not, eating a full meal in the morning prevents you from getting hungry later during the day. Feeling full and satisfied in the morning also prevents you from snacking more later on in the day. To support this fact, a study was conducted on 2 different groups of obese women.

5 weight-loss tips

The first group was instructed to consume 700 calories for breakfast, 500 calories for lunch and 200 calories for supper. The second group was told to eat 200 calories at breakfast and 700 calories at supper while keeping the same amount for lunch. After 13 months of this study, they found that big breakfast eaters lost 18 pounds while their counterpart only lost about 7 pounds.

#2 Put On A Belt Around Your Waist

For centuries, people believed that French women used to tie a ribbon around their waist underneath their clothes before meals. It helped them stay conscious of their figure and avoid overeating. Today, some women use the same concept, but instead of a ribbon, they use a tight belt.

#3 Jog For Junk Emails

This is a good challenge you can have with your officemates and colleagues. For instance, for every spam mail you get and junk mail you delete in your mailbox, you should jog around the building or perhaps run 1 flight of stairs. As a result, you will easily burn 40 to 150 calories per session depending how many emails you get.

#4 Take A Picture Of What You Eat

Rather than keeping a written journal of how many calories you ate each day, take a polaroid and snap a photo of your meals. Such visual accounts will help curb your appetite. The author of “Nutrition And You”, nutritionist Joan Sagle Blake says that taking a second look at a different perspective of your dinner plate will make you stop and rethink whether or not you should indulge.

#5 Use Blue Kitchen Utensils

The color blue helps to suppress your appetite. According to medical researchers, people eat 33% less when they are placed in blue rooms, with blue light hues, blue plates, and utensils. This color removes the appeal of good food and directly results to lesser food intake.

This is the reason why you do not see fast food restaurants with a blue theme. The researchers encourage you to avoid lively colors like yellow, red and orange – colors that encourage your appetite.

tips to help lose weight

When it comes to staying fit and losing weight, it is not always about exercising and eating right. There will be occasions wherein you just have to take an unconventional route to help you stay on track. Losing more weight usually entails the use of weight loss products or supplements like Garcinia Cambogia, orlistat pills, forskolin belly buster, green coffee extract, and many more.

However, there are also unconventional ways such as the tips listed above that you can apply on top of your regular weight loss routine.

Bio: guest post by Katrina Rice - how to lose weight

Katrina Rice is a mom and a freelance writer. She strongly believes in the concept of holistic wellness through healthy and natural living, traveling and immersing one’s self in new activities. A self-proclaimed health enthusiast, she hopes to inspire more people to do the same.

Pin it: 5 Bizarre Tips To Help You Lose Weight

5 bizarre tips to help you lose weight | All that's Jas

Jas is a cheesecake addict and the author of the Balkan Comfort Food cookbook available on Amazon. You can download a free excerpt of the book when you subscribe to All that's Jas newsletter updates. To learn more about Jas visit her About page.

Carol ("Mimi")
    May 18, 2017 at 9:01 am

Interesting tips! I especially like the one about jogging for junk emails and also the tip about using blue dishes and utensils. Thank you for linking up at #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty. I’m sharing your post on social media.
    Carol (“Mimi”) recently posted…37 Fabulous Link PartiesMy Profile

May 19, 2017 at 12:04 pm

Worth trying, I hope 🙂

2. Fun tips here but effective. #3 would have me jogging a marathon I think LOL:) Thanks Jas for sharing this with us at #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty. I’ve shared on social media.
    Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond recently posted…Fit & Fabulous: Mother’s Day Classic 2017 – The fight against Breast CancerMy Profile

May 19, 2017 at 12:07 pm

Ha, ha, me too!

Clearissa
    May 17, 2017 at 10:11 pm

Excellent!! My daughter got engaged on Mother’s Day and I have 13 months to loose 30 lbs. This is right on time. Thank you. Thank you for linking up at the #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty. I shared this post.
    Clearissa recently posted…Master Has A New Look-Paint Makes The DifferenceMy Profile

May 19, 2017 at 12:09 pm

Congrats on your daughter’s engagement! You can do it!!!

Teresa
    May 17, 2017 at 9:39 pm

Makes me want to paint my kitchen and dining room blue and add blue plates, etc! A picture is a good idea also. Thanks for sharing these awesome tips, every little bit helps! Pinned!

May 19, 2017 at 12:11 pm

Lol, until you’re blue in the face! Thanks for stopping by 😀

Lori Hill-Smith
    May 16, 2017 at 10:45 pm

Unique tips! I once made a motivational before/after pic of myself, “before when I was thin, after I ate too much.” Thank you for sharing at #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty
    Lori Hill-Smith recently posted…Blogging Grandmother’s Link Party #15My Profile

May 19, 2017 at 12:19 pm

That would work too! Great idea, must try it.

Aletha Oglesby, M.D.
    May 15, 2017 at 11:13 pm

I like the idea of taking a photo of what you eat. Everyone has a phone with a camera so it would be so much easier and faster than keeping a written “food diary” as we doctors often recommend to people who want to lose weight. Plus the visual impact of seeing what you have consumed could be quite motivating.
    Aletha Oglesby, M.D. recently posted…Two Words That Changed My LifeMy Profile

May 16, 2017 at 9:10 am

It usually motivates me to eat it all, ha! Perhaps I should take a bite, then spray it with Lysol. There’s another bizarre tip 😉

Grammy Dee
    May 15, 2017 at 10:34 pm

All good suggestions, never thought about the belt 🙂 Thank you Jas for linking up at the #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty. I shared this post.
    Grammy Dee recently posted…Blogging Grandmothers Link Party #15My Profile

May 16, 2017 at 9:05 am

Thanks, Dee!

Ruth
    May 15, 2017 at 7:19 pm

I read your post on the spinach-artichoke grilled cheese, which look delicious, by the way. But I’ve been gluten free and mostly dairy free for about 10 and a half years, and right now I’m on an even more strict diet to lose weight, so I clicked over here to give a look see.
    Interesting tips; I especially found the last one, about the color blue, to be intriguing. I’d never heard of that before.
    I’m your neighbor at Tune In Thursday. I know it’s Monday, but you know how busy things can get in spring with graduation, Mother’s Day, and so on.
    Anyway, keep up the good work! Thanks for sharing.

May 16, 2017 at 9:04 am

Ruth, I know how busy things are, trust me!
      I wish I could be as disciplined as you are with gluten-free & dairy-free (and sugar-free for that matter). I keep going back and forth 🙁
      Thanks for stopping in and have a wonderful week!

Donna
    May 15, 2017 at 6:43 pm

Very interesting post. I will have to give ‘blue’ a try.
    Thank you for sharing at: #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty#15.

May 16, 2017 at 9:00 am

Me too, ha!

lower chest workout
    May 15, 2017 at 1:18 pm

One of the most searchable topic online is how to lose weight. Many people are reading about it everyday. Maybe because they want to look and feel good about their self. It was actually nice that your taking time to provide this information for all us. I love to share this to other people. Thanks a lot!

Cristina
    May 15, 2017 at 6:07 am

These are some good tips. I just love no. 3 :))

May 16, 2017 at 8:46 am

That’s a good one for sure 🙂

Sara
    May 12, 2017 at 11:03 pm

This was a really fun post to read! Thanks for linking up at the Home Matters Link Party! We hope to see you again next week:) #HomeMattersParty
    Sara recently posted…Home Matters Link Party #135My Profile

May 14, 2017 at 9:27 pm

Thank you, Sara! So happy you liked it 🙂

Sandra
    May 11, 2017 at 6:39 pm

Great tips! I have lots of blue cookware and bowls but our everyday dinner plates are red and black. Maybe that’s where I’m going wrong!!! Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, and I hope your week is going great.

May 11, 2017 at 10:56 pm

I really should give that a try, although, no color utensils can stop me from eating, ha!

May 11, 2017 at 4:39 pm

LOL. Jog for emails..? Man, I cannot stop jogging for at least a month! That’d be terrible. :p
    I’ll have to try with the blue things in the kitchen!
    Ann recently posted…What it’s like Mid-SpringMy Profile

May 11, 2017 at 10:54 pm

Even better if you have to ran that much 😀

Patty
    May 11, 2017 at 4:28 am

Lol The jog for junk mail and blue utensils are definitely weird but I’d try anything to lose a few pounds 🙂 Great post Jas!

May 11, 2017 at 10:32 pm

Me too, Patty, desperately! So if running around holding a blue utensil and wearing nothing but a belt works, then I’m willing to try it, lol.

Patty
        May 12, 2017 at 4:50 am

Hahaha! You and me both lol! 😀
        Patty recently posted…HoneycombMy Profile

Lindsay
    May 10, 2017 at 12:16 pm

If I had to take a picture of everything I ate I would definitely eat different.
    Lindsay recently posted…Bacon Fig JamMy Profile

May 10, 2017 at 4:02 pm

Right? Maybe that’s the solution for me…worth trying 🙂

Patrick@looneyforfood.com
    May 10, 2017 at 6:49 am

Love the tips! All good ones!
    Patrick@looneyforfood.com recently posted…Healthy Turkey Burrito BowlsMy Profile

May 10, 2017 at 4:03 pm

Thank you, Patrick!

Michele
    May 9, 2017 at 8:43 am

Hey, whatever works! Thanks for these thought-provoking ideas.
    Michele recently posted…The Meeting PlacesMy Profile

May 10, 2017 at 4:56 pm

That’s what I say. I have photoshopped my face onto an obese body and put it on my fridge so that I see it every time I go to grab something to eat. So far it hasn’t worked, LOL.