Roasted Eggplant Fan

Roasted Eggplant Fan - All that's Jas

Roasted Eggplant Fan - All that's Jas

Exchanging secrets with my daughter without risking someone eavesdropping is just one benefit of speaking multiple languages. My chances to find great recipes are tripled and that’s another benefit.  I discovered this roasted eggplant fan on Serbian site MEZZE. I can’t vouch that this is a Serbian recipe though; just saying it’s a nice advantage to search recipes that are not written in English.

First, I fell in love with the presentation. Doesn’t it look fancy? Then, the simple and healthy ingredients got me really excited. Not to mention the ease of preparing this dish. And the taste? You’ll have to make it yourself to find out because I’m keeping it a secret. I can only tell you that it’s jako ukusno or sehr leker.

Serves 2-4

1 medium-large Eggplant
2-3 large Tomatoes
1-2 large Garlic cloves
6 oz. Feta Cheese, crumbled
Fresh Parsley
Fresh Basil
Olive oil
Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Rinse the eggplant and pat dry with paper towel. Cut the eggplant into thin slices, but leave attached at the stem. Grease each eggplant slice with oil; season with salt and pepper.

Roasted Eggplant Fan - All that's Jas

Cut tomatoes into thin rings. Finely chop the garlic, parsley and basil leaves. Place the eggplant on a parchment paper-lined baking pan. Stuff eggplant slices with tomato, garlic, feta, parsley and basil. Press the eggplant slightly with the palm of your hand to form a fan. Drizzle with more oil.

Roasted Eggplant Fan - All that's Jas

Bake for about one hour. If there is still liquid in the pan lower the oven temperature to 200 and bake 15 minutes longer or until all liquid has evaporated. Length of baking depends on the size of the eggplant.

Roasted Eggplant Fan - All that's Jas

Serve warm or cold as a main dish, side dish or as a filling for a sandwich.

Roasted Eggplant Fan - All that's Jas

Roasted Eggplant Fan

Rating: 51

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 1 hour

Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes

Yield: Serves 2-4

Roasted Eggplant Fan

This delightful eggplant fan can be served warm or cold as a main dish, side dish or as a filling for a sandwich.

• 1 medium-large Eggplant
  • 2-3 large Tomatoes
  • 1-2 large Garlic cloves
  • 6 oz. Feta Cheese, crumbled
  • Fresh Parsley
  • Fresh Basil
  • Olive oil
  • Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Notes

Gluten free, vegetarian.

This recipe is featured at  What’d You Do This Weekend, Funtastic Friday and Turn it Up Tuesday

Looking forward to connecting with you soon.

For more quick recipes and tips follow my All that’s Jas Facebook page or social network of your preference. It makes my day 🙂

Jhuls @ The Not So Creative Cook
    July 3, 2017 at 2:46 am

How silly! I thought I have commented on this post, but just found out that I haven’t! I made this one and it was amazing! Of course, I finish the whole thing all by myself! 😀

July 3, 2017 at 6:15 pm

Aw, I’m so happy you liked it, Jhuls! Have an amazing week!

Tian Provençal - vegetable bake
    April 4, 2017 at 8:15 pm

[…] recipe? Do you like eggplants? You might like these recipes: eggplant caponata, bouranee baunjan, roasted eggplant fan or a classic eggplant […]

Turn It Up Tuesday #93 | My New Finances
    December 5, 2015 at 1:29 pm

Joanne T Ferguson
    July 19, 2015 at 7:22 am

What a GORGEOUS recipe Jas! I love eggplant! Pinned and shared!

July 19, 2015 at 9:32 am

Thanks, Joanne!

6. […] Gelato @ Best of Long Island and Central Florida Roasted Eggplant Fan @ All That’s Jaz Sesame Sweet Chicken @ Nancy on the Home Front Free Printable – Enjoy […]

Sherry
    July 2, 2015 at 9:20 am

I think eggplant is probably my all time favorite. This dish looks too good to eat! Thanks for linking up and sharing with us at Funtastic Friday. Please join us again this week.

July 2, 2015 at 11:05 am

Thanks, Sherry! Wishing you a blessed day!

Life With Lorelai
    June 30, 2015 at 5:29 pm

Yumm-O! Love how it truly does look like a fan! Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty – We hope to see you again next week!
    ~Lorelai
    Life With Lorelai

July 1, 2015 at 8:52 am

Thank you, Lorelai! Wishing you a wonderful holiday!

DearCreatives (@DearCreatives)
    June 30, 2015 at 3:30 pm

Looks amazing! Pinned, tweeted & sharing. Thanks for joining in the Inspiration Spotlight Party. Hope to see you again soon.

July 1, 2015 at 8:51 am

Thank you bunches! 🙂

satrntgr
    June 30, 2015 at 12:57 pm

Looks a lot better than most recipes that I see for eggplant. Still not sure if I could try it again though. Didn’t like the taste of a past recipe. Yours might change that, though…hopefully!

June 30, 2015 at 1:42 pm

I understand! I wasn’t a fan of eggplant either. It is an acquired taste for sure. Hope you give it a try, though! Thanks for stopping in 🙂

11. […] chose Roasted Eggplant Fan from All That’s Jas. “My love for the many things Eggplant bought me to stop over at […]

Stephanie
    June 30, 2015 at 12:52 am

My husband loves eggplant so I’m always looking for ways to make it and I can’t wait to try this one!! Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! This post has been pinned on the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! I love having you and can’t wait to see you next week!

June 30, 2015 at 8:26 am

I think eggplant is underappreciated vegetable, and I speak from my own experience, lol. I love it now. Stay tuned for another eggplant recipe coming soon 😉 Have a great day!

Turn It Up Tuesdays Link Party #93
    June 29, 2015 at 10:33 pm

14. […] chose Roasted Eggplant Fan from All That’s Jas. “My love for the many things Eggplant bought me to stop over at […]

Turn It Up Tuesday #93 |
    June 29, 2015 at 9:02 pm

16. […] chose Roasted Eggplant Fan from All That’s Jas. “My love for the many things Eggplant bought me to stop over at […]

17. […] chose Roasted Eggplant Fan from All That’s Jas. “My love for the many things Eggplant bought me to stop over at […]

18. […] chose Roasted Eggplant Fan from All That’s Jas. “My love for the many things Eggplant bought me to stop over at […]

19. […] chose Roasted Eggplant Fan from All That’s Jas. “My love for the many things Eggplant bought me to stop over at […]

20. […] Roasted Eggplant Fan from All That’s Jas. “My love for the many things Eggplant bought me to stop over at […]

Lindi
    June 29, 2015 at 4:49 pm

Wow! I’m sure that if I served this at my home, people would be in awe of my cooking! lol. Looks delicious!!

June 30, 2015 at 8:21 am

Lol, Lindi! We eat with our eyes first, right? Thanks for visiting and enjoy your day!

Lou Lou Girls
    June 29, 2015 at 1:36 pm

This looks so amazing! I can’t wait to try it. Pinned and tweeted! Thanks for being a part of our party. I hope to see you, tonight at 7 pm. Lou Lou Girls

June 30, 2015 at 8:19 am

Thank you for stopping in and partying with us every Thursday!

23. […] Batata Koucha from The Not So Creative Cook  Roasted Eggplant Fan from All That’s […]

Jennifer
    June 28, 2015 at 5:38 pm

Looks yummy and so pretty! Thanks for linking up at the Weekend Blog Hop at My Flagstaff Home!

Jennifer

June 29, 2015 at 9:52 am

Thanks, Jennifer! Have a great week.

blueblanket21
    June 26, 2015 at 5:50 pm

I love eggplant and the presentation alone would make an eggplant hater into an eggplant lover!! Can’t wait to try this! Thanks from Home Matters Party.

Kristine 🙂

June 27, 2015 at 7:09 am

Hi Kristine, thank you so much for stopping in and your kind words!

Erika Mar
    June 26, 2015 at 4:58 pm

The presentation is lovely Jas! I’m sure it tastes amazing as well!
    xoxo Erika

June 27, 2015 at 7:07 am

Thank you, Erika! Hope you try it 🙂 Enjoy your weekend.

Jerusha
    June 26, 2015 at 8:34 am

I’m not going to lie, I’m really nervous to try eggplant because I’m not sure I’ll like it… But our son, nicknamed “Eggplant,” (no, I’m not joking) has been begging to try his namesake. I think this recipe might just be what I use! It looks fun, different, and really appetizing! Thanks for inspiring me! – Jerusha, TheDisneyChef.com

June 26, 2015 at 9:51 am

OMG, that’s too funny! What a nickname, I love it 🙂 You have to make it, even if you only use a baby eggplant just for him. It wasn’t until my late adulthood that I started warming up to eggplant meals. With enough garlic, I can eat anything, ha! Thanks for stopping in!

Pam@over50feeling40
    June 25, 2015 at 9:09 am

I love eggplant…I am going to try this one! Thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop!

June 25, 2015 at 10:44 am

I hope you do, Pam 🙂

Ann GrubbsnCritters
    June 24, 2015 at 11:29 am

I’ve got a question for you, Jas, in no direct relation to your recipe (havent got the hang of eggplants yet!) : what and how do you get to the printed recipe template like you have there? Sorry if the question sounds silly (am still learning!) …I’ve been googling and I’m just curious what you use for yours. 🙂

June 24, 2015 at 12:55 pm

Oh, Ann, you can ask me anything you want and I’d be glad to respond if I know the answer 🙂 For the recipe template, I am using a plugin called ZipList Recipe. It is easy to customize. I am sure there are other ones out there. Hope this helped. Hugs 😀

Ann GrubbsnCritters
        June 27, 2015 at 9:07 am

Missed your reply to this. Thanks for sharing. I’ll be sure to check it out…if I can figure it out! LOL.

June 27, 2015 at 10:56 am

Are you using WordPress?

1. Ann GrubbsnCritters
            June 27, 2015 at 11:02 am

2. allthatsjas
            June 27, 2015 at 9:39 pm

Then just go to plugins and type that name in the box. Once it’s uploaded follow the instructions. Don’t tease me, you’re a smart cookie! 😛

June 24, 2015 at 9:25 am

I am a huge eggplant fan and yours is just so pretty! Love this idea and so simple to make so that is even better. Now the Asian eggplant would be really long, but really skinny, you would need a huge long platter to serve those up on.

June 24, 2015 at 12:52 pm

Those are my favorite types of eggplants. They tend to have sweet, somewhat nutty flavor, especially when roasted. 🙂

Katherines Corner
    June 23, 2015 at 10:11 pm

oh my goodness I just drooled a little. I will enjoy making this when our eggplants in the garden are ready xo

June 24, 2015 at 8:16 am

Lol, wipe your mouth 😀 I can’t wait for our eggplants too. How cute would baby eggplants look stuffed like this? They would make great individual servings.

Sinea Pies (Ducks 'n a Row)
    June 23, 2015 at 10:04 pm

Wow. I love eggplant. This is so creative. Pinned it 🙂

June 24, 2015 at 8:12 am

Thanks for visiting and pinning! Have a great day 😀

bohemianbabushka
    June 23, 2015 at 8:31 pm

Looks so rico, gotta pin it! Gracias.

June 24, 2015 at 8:12 am

Thank you, babushka! 🙂

Celebrate Woman
    June 23, 2015 at 3:26 pm

I love eggplants and have cooked something like that with different “fillings” between the layers. The result is always a delight!
    Love your version of the sandwich layered eggplant!

June 23, 2015 at 8:15 pm

Thank you! I am glad you like this version. It was really tasty. Thanks for stopping in and have a great week!

J @ A Hot Southern Mess
    June 22, 2015 at 10:29 pm

Oh yum! This looks like the most delicious eggplant dish of all time! I can’t wait to try it!

June 23, 2015 at 9:28 am

Thank you, J! Hope you’ll give it a try. Thanks for stopping in!

Thao @ In Good Flavor
    June 22, 2015 at 6:31 pm

Great presentation and really yummy too! This is definitely a wonderfully unique way of prepping eggplant.

June 23, 2015 at 9:08 am

Thank you, Thao! Hope your day is a wonderful one! 😀

Jasna
    June 22, 2015 at 5:39 pm

I tried the same recipe (long time ago); Since then, I make it regularly during eggplant season. Prijatno!

June 23, 2015 at 9:07 am

I used to hate eggplants and now they are a staple in my garden 🙂 Hvala, Jasna!

Sadhna Grover
    June 22, 2015 at 11:48 am

What is fantastic recipe of eggplant , this is my favorite vegetable, really looking fancy and lovely. # what’s do you do this weekend.

June 23, 2015 at 9:29 am