Thursday Favorite Things 214

our A tattoo - All that's Jas

Welcome to Thursday Favorite Things 214!

Instead of buying a Harley or hot red convertible, dye hair in crazy colors – or even worse get a hairpiece, quit our jobs or each other, we got inked. Boring as we are, that’s the extent of our midlife crisis.

Since we each have our own kid(s), we wanted something to share. Between us, we have four beautiful granddaughters all of which names start with an A.

Grandma and grandpa went a bit crazy to show just how much we love Alexia, Alaina, Avelyn, and Alyvia. They brighten our days. As a bonus, my daughter’s name is Andrea and my husband’s middle name is Alan. Have you met my family?

Of course, we don’t think that’s the best way to show love, because it isn’t. It’s not like this piece of our skin will be left behind as something to remember us by when we die. We hope to leave a better legacy. But each time we look at it, we smile. It reminds us that, no matter what, we have our four little blessings.

If you wonder if we’ll get more tattoos, the answer is NO. For me, it’s a HELL NO! That hurt like a cat scratch that went on for fifteen minutes. Besides, we don’t need to be walking billboards.

our A tattoo - All that's Jas

Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop

Time to link up with #ThursdayFavoriteThings! #bloghop #linkyparty #recipes #crafts Click To Tweet

Welcome to the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. We invite you to link up and share your favorite post or a post about your favorite things.

We can’t wait to see what you share!

new-logo

KatherineKatherines Corner || Twitter || Pinterest || Facebook || Google + || Instagram || Bloglovin’||
NinaVintage Mama’s Cottage || Twitter || Pinterest || Facebook || Google + || Instagram || Bloglovin’||
DebiSurroundings by Debi || Twitter || Pinterest || Facebook || Google + || Instagram || Bloglovin’||
JasAll That’s Jas || Twitter || Pinterest || Facebook || Google + || Instagram || Bloglovin’||
ErikaWhat Erika Wears || Twitter || Pinterest || Facebook || Google + || Instagram || Bloglovin’||
BettyMy Cozy Corner || Twitter || Pinterest || Facebook || Google + || Instagram || Bloglovin’||
RinaI Thee Cook || Twitter || Pinterest || Facebook || Google + || Instagram || Bloglovin’||
RosemaryAn Italian in My Kitchen || Twitter || Pinterest || Facebook || Google + || Instagram || Bloglovin’||

rule

Thursday Favorite Things Button

Adding your link to this blog hop gives Katherine and her hostesses permission to share your posts and pictures via social media, on Pinterest and as features on their blogs.

Looking forward to connecting with you soon.

For more quick recipes and tips follow my All that’s Jas Facebook page or social network of your preference. It makes my day 🙂

Jas is a cheesecake addict and the author of Balkan Comfort Food cookbook available on Amazon. You can download a free excerpt of the book when you subscribe to All that's Jas newsletter updates or purchase the full version below. To learn more about Jas visit her About page.

Lisa/Syncopated Mama
    November 11, 2015 at 9:08 pm

Unbelievable that you have so many “A”s in your family! I like how the they are small, simple, yet unique.

November 12, 2015 at 4:16 pm

Right? And only the two last ones were named so on purpose. We have more “A”s, believe it or not, but we didn’t do it for the sister-in-law or nieces, lol.

Jasna
    November 11, 2015 at 9:55 pm

Very pretty tattoos that have special meaning to U 2; Cheers from Sydney

November 12, 2015 at 4:13 pm

Yes, thank you, Jasna! Greetings from the cold Indiana 🙂

My Rose Colored Shades
    November 11, 2015 at 10:23 pm

You’re brave to get a tattoo. I don’t think I could stand the pain. I bet your grandkids will think you’re a cool grandma 🙂

November 12, 2015 at 4:08 pm

Trust me, I won’t get any more. I’ll take cool over crazy any day, lol. Thanks for linking up with us, sweetie, we appreciate you! Hugs

Susan the Farm Quilter
    November 11, 2015 at 11:07 pm

Love your ink!! Yeah, it does hurt as they scratch the same place over and over again!!! None of mine are that small, so just 15 minutes sounds lovely to me!!! Hmmm, I have 2 M’s and 1 J so far, but with 7 kids, I’m pretty sure there will be more!!!

November 12, 2015 at 4:06 pm

Lol, good for you. No more ink for me. And if we get more grandkids, they better be named with an A or they won’t feel special, ha! Thanks for stopping in!

Katrin@KreativK.net
    November 12, 2015 at 3:46 am

Thank you for hosting Jas!

November 12, 2015 at 4:04 pm

Thank you for partying with us, Katrin! We love having you 🙂

November 12, 2015 at 8:08 am

Happiness is grandchildren and that is such a cool grandma way to celebrate! Thanks for hosting Thursday favorite things… Take care, BAM

November 12, 2015 at 4:02 pm

Oh, I totally agree! People have told me but I couldn’t believe. Now I know 😀 Thanks for joining us, BAM!

7. […] I Wore | Oh, Hey Girl | Watcha Wearing Wednesday | Color and Grace | Classy Yet Trendy | Thursday Favorite Things | Thursday Fashion Files with Doused in Pink and Curly Crafty Mom | Throw Back […]

Lou Lou Girls
    November 12, 2015 at 12:47 pm

Hello fabulous! I can’t wait each week to party with you. Thank you! Please take a moment to stop by our party that goes until Friday at 7 pm. We love pinning and tweeting each masterpieces that come to our party. Lou Lou Girls

November 12, 2015 at 3:56 pm

Thanks, as always!

Mary-the boondocks blog
    November 12, 2015 at 3:03 pm

Jas, congratulations on your ink. It is understated and elegant. Thanks for the party and have a great weekend with your family!!

November 12, 2015 at 3:55 pm

Thank you, Mary, and thanks for joining us every week! Have a beautiful day!

November 16, 2015 at 10:11 am

You got inked!WOW! It’s a beautiful piece and I love it. I love the shot too…very artistic and so much warmth in that picture. Are you all healed yet?

November 16, 2015 at 2:10 pm

Aw, thank you 🙂 Yes, all is healed. Hugs and smooches to you!

Your visits and your comments are greatly appreciated. I LOVE reading them, they motivate me to keep going and keep improving. If you have a question, please feel free to leave it here, email me, or message me on Facebook. Thank you so much for stopping by at All that's Jas, so let's talk :)