Jellyfish Shot and a Cookbook

jellyfish shot & a cookbook - All that's Jas

Jellyfish shot. The sound of that is not exactly appetizing and the images in my mind, before I actually knew what it was, were even less attractive. I know, I live under a rock and need to get out more often. But I gotta give it to the Tipsy Bartender – not only does it look cool, it tastes amazing too!

Jellyfish Shot

You don’t need to measure the ingredients for the jellyfish a.k.a. Medusa shot (or does it classify as a shooter? Heck if I know). A splash of this and a drop of that is all you’ll need.

One word of advice: don’t let the creaminess and yumminess of this shot fool you. It quickly goes to your head, or maybe I’m a lightweight. Oh, and cool the ingredients before mixing them. You really shouldn’t use ice or you won’t get the jellyfish effect.

OK, so that’s two words of advice. My bad. In my defense, I may or may not have been drinking this jellyfish goodness while writing. I have a good reason to celebrate. My first e-cookbook is published and I can’t be more excited. Check it out here , buy it, share the news and grab a glass of your favorite drink to toast with me (considering you’re happy for me). Cheers!

Click To Tweet

jellyfish shot & a cookbook - All that's Jas

Crème de Cacao (white)
 Amaretto Disaronno
Bailey’s Irish Cream
 Grenadine

Keep the ingredients refrigerated before mixing. Fill half of a shot glass with Crème de Cacao. Top with a layer of amaretto and then Bailey’s, best pouring slowly over a teaspoon (see video). To finish, add drops of grenadine and watch tentacles form underneath the amaretto layer. Way too cool!

jellyfish shot & a cookbook - All that's Jas

jellyfish shot & a cookbook - All that's Jas

And now a bit about my e-cookbook. It was a long coming dream of mine. I finally decided to take a break from blogging and spend time write, cook, and photograph recipes. I’m dedicating the book to two very special girls. You can see the details in a “look inside” feature Amazon offers. Please check it out (just click on the photo below) and if you like it, help me promote it. Share it with your friends, on your blog or however you like. That would mean a world to me. Thank you!!!

If you love it, for only $2.99 you’ll get over 50 flavorful recipes with mouthwatering photos of favorite dishes from the Balkan region.  Whether you are familiar with this cuisine or not, here you will find a dish that you’ll fall in love with, guaranteed! Discover the mix of flavors from Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia, Macedonia, Montenegro, AlbaniaKosovo, BulgariaGreeceRomania, and European Turkey!

Balkan comfort food cookbook - All that's Jas

By the way, If you like creamy, boozy shots you’ll love Cake Batter Shots.

Jellyfish Shot

Jellyfish Shot

Fun and exquisite drink to celebrate with. Let those tentacles tickle your taste buds!

• Crème de Cacao (white)
  • Amaretto Disaronno
  • Bailey’s Irish Cream
  • Grenadine

Keep the ingredients refrigerated before mixing. Fill half of a shot glass with Crème de Cacao. Top with a layer of amaretto and then Bailey’s, best pouring slowly over a teaspoon.

To finish, add drops of grenadine and watch tentacles form underneath the amaretto layer. Way too cool!

Featured at Dad What’s 4 Dinner, Tornadough Ally, Little House Big Alaska, and  Prepare for Adventure

1. […] Why. If you don’t feel like reading, make yourself a drink and I recommend you try this insane-looking Jellyfish drink she once concocted. Not that I’ve tried it myself though it’s almost guaranteed that […]

January 5, 2017 at 9:12 am

I’m so making this for our next guests over for dinner night!

January 5, 2017 at 10:02 pm

It’s so cool, isn’t it? 😀

My 2016 Top 10 Posts - All that's Jas
    December 29, 2016 at 7:32 am

[…] 9. Jellyfish Shot […]

Katie
    July 3, 2016 at 3:26 pm

Well this is definitely the coolest shot I’ve ever seen! Pinned!

July 4, 2016 at 12:04 pm

Thank you, Katie! Hope your week is amazing!

5. […]   This next one just had me intrigued – do I want to try it?  This Jellyfish Shot from All That’s Jas is so strange and I bet so tasty!     I am loving this Mason Jar Flag from Country Chic […]

Theresa
    June 30, 2016 at 11:57 pm

Oh my goodness that drink is so cool! How fun. I bet it’s yummy too. Thanks for sharing at the #InspirationSpotlight party. Pinned & shared.
    Theresa recently posted…Cool And Refreshing Easy Lemon Ice Box PieMy Profile

July 1, 2016 at 8:49 am

Thanks, Theresa! When I saw it I knew I had to try it and share it 😀

7. […] Jellyfish Shot from All That’s Jas […]

Throwback Thursday #45
    June 30, 2016 at 7:01 pm

[…] Jellyfish Shot from All That’s Jas […]

Raymund
    June 29, 2016 at 1:25 pm

Wow this looks cool! Very pretty drink

June 30, 2016 at 8:13 am

Thank you, Raymund! Wish I could take the credit for the idea 🙂 Thanks for stopping in and have a great day!

Frugal Hausfrau
    June 28, 2016 at 8:20 pm

I took a double take at the name and now have looked at this like 10 times!! Love it!

Thanks for sharing with us on Throwback Thursday!

Mollie

June 29, 2016 at 8:54 am

Lol, I’m glad it caught your attention 😀 Thanks for stopping in and have a great day!

The Happiness Tag
    June 27, 2016 at 2:41 pm

[…] All That’s Jas […]

12. […] And finally, a very cool-looking cocktail: jellyfish shots. […]

Hannah
    June 25, 2016 at 4:50 pm

What a pretty drink! And I love all the ingredients, so I can definitely see this one being dangerous.

June 25, 2016 at 7:21 pm

Oh, yeah. Make it in the smallest shot glass you have 🙂 Thanks for stopping in and have a great weekend!

Marie, The Interior Frugalista
    June 23, 2016 at 12:40 pm

How cool is that Jellyfish Shot! Your link caught my eye at the Thursday Favorite Things party. Pinned to share and to definitely try this recipe.
    Marie, The Interior Frugalista recently posted…Vintage Patio Wrought Iron Mesh Nesting TablesMy Profile

June 23, 2016 at 3:16 pm

Thank you so much, Marie! Hope your day is amazing 😀

Pamela Shank
    June 20, 2016 at 2:38 pm

Congratulations!!! How exciting…I just bought it. Your work is always so amazing.
    Pamela Shank recently posted…HOMEMADE CINNAMON ROLLS & KIDS COOKING CLASSMy Profile

June 20, 2016 at 6:18 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You made my day 😀 Have a glorious week, Pamela!

June 20, 2016 at 5:57 am

First off – what a great concoction of drink! It looks beautiful (and dangerously) delicious. How could anyone resist such a drink with beautiful jellyfish tentacles? That’s very creative! Love it!

Second of all my dear fabulous Jas: CONGRATULATIONS on the launch of your e-book. How amazing is that and I’m so very happy and excited for you. That’s such a massive milestone and your Balkan cuisine is such a great idea. Nothing like home-made comfort food. I’d give you a big massive hug for such an achievement! Well done, Jas! Big, big congratulations!!! xoxox *muaaacks**
    Ann recently posted…Sunday Humour: The Fart That WasMy Profile

June 20, 2016 at 7:50 am

THANK YOU, sweet Ann! I’m quite excited about it and still anxious, but the jellyfish shot calms my nerves for sure 😀

June 23, 2016 at 2:46 pm

It’s a big thing, Jas! Very inspiring!! I’m stealing your recipe and will be putting it up on my blog for later btw! Which I’m sure you won’t mind! 😀 xoxo

June 23, 2016 at 3:18 pm

Aw, thank you, Ann! Don’t mind it at all. I’ll send you a free PDF of my cookbook if you wish. Just send me your email 🙂

1. Ann
            June 26, 2016 at 3:20 pm

Really?? You’ll do that? I’m only happy to receive it, Jas.That’s be cool! 😀 😀 😀 My email would be the same which is ann@grubbsncritters.com
            You’ve made me very happy today! hahah! Thank you, Jas! 😀 *muaacks*
            Ann recently posted…Sunday Humour: Gestures of RespectMy Profile

2. allthatsjas
            June 28, 2016 at 10:56 am

Of course! I’ll send it to you right away 🙂

3. Ann
            June 27, 2016 at 3:35 pm

And…because you make me happy, here’s one for you Jas! 🙂
            Ann recently posted…The Happiness TagMy Profile

4. allthatsjas
            June 28, 2016 at 10:54 am

You’re the best! Such an honor…thank you, my friend!

June 19, 2016 at 9:16 am

Congratulations on your e-cookbook! Now this is one and fun interesting drink. I have never heard or seen it before so you have really caught my attention. Wishing you a super weekend!
    Bam’s Kitchen recently posted…Healthy Ricotta CrostiniMy Profile

June 19, 2016 at 7:32 pm

Thank you, Bobbi! The drink is super fun 🙂 Hope your weekend was amazing!