RECIPE SHOWDOWN – Cooking Game

Recipe Showdown - All that's Jas

If you love cooking, fun, and a challenge, this free recipe and cooking game is for you!

RECIPE SHOWDOWN – Cooking Game

This game exists in the region of former Yugoslavia on the blog called Kuvarigrice. Recipe showdown was created following the example of a cooking game on Kuvarigrice, with the desire to play and adapt to blogs in English.

The best part?

It’s FREE!

Recipe Showdown - All that's Jas

How do we play it?

The participants, in addition to food bloggers, can be anyone interested to play and who has the ability to make their work published on the internet (photo gallery, forums, Facebook, etc.)

If you love #cooking, #fun, and a #challenge, this #free #recipe and #cooking #game is for… Click To Tweet

The rules of the game “Recipe Showdown”

1. The host site for a particular month sets the key ingredient/food product that participants must use. The ingredient is given on the 1st of the month. (The first game will start here on January 1st)
  2. Any time during that month, participants make a dish with the given ingredient and publish the recipe on internet with a link to the homepage of the game (this page), and a link to the post in which ingredient is given (host site).
    • The participant who has already published a recipe with a given ingredient, regardless of the date, can use it to share, following the same rules (link to the host site and the game homepage).
    • Participants have to e-mail the host page the following information:

– Name
    – URL of the page where the recipe was published
    – Photo of the finished dish

3. The host site will publish all submissions with links in a post at the end of that month and select a winner/new host site for the next month. The host site can, if they wish, send a small gift to the winner.
  4. The host site will share the post on their social media.
  5. Re-entering the same recipe and repeating the host site is allowed after 2 years (subject to change).

Here’s the deal:

The game homepage (this page) will keep a running list of all host sites and ingredients, hence the rule to link here (so we can keep track).

Let’s have fun and cook something up! Make sure to come back to All that’s Jas on January 1st for the first ingredient!

P.S. Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions. After the first official game is published in January, the game will be more clear.

Thank you for participating!

Share your creations on social media using hashtags #RecipeShowdown & #allthatsjas

Host sites and ingredients:

2017  Jan  Feb  Mar  Apr  May  Jun  Jul  Aug  Sep  Oct  Nov  Dec

Cook & Enjoy
    February 5, 2017 at 8:00 pm

Jas, Not use allowed, but if so, I am submitting a second recipe for the February Recipe Showdown.
    Shared my creations on FB, Pinterest as well as Instagram using hashtags #RecipeShowdown #allthatsjas #grubbsncritters.
    I also emailed it to the February Host

February 5, 2017 at 8:09 pm

But of course, we love that you have another recipe to submit! Thank you.

Cook & Enjoy
        February 5, 2017 at 8:18 pm

Fantastic – As per your previous note, I have added a note to my posts on my blog that I have entered it in teh Recipe Showdown. Please check it out and let me know if all in good order. Thanks again.

February 5, 2017 at 10:23 pm

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Cook & Enjoy
    February 5, 2017 at 4:27 pm

Hope I am doing the correctly: I would love to enter for the Recipe Showdown: February – Sage
    I have reposted the recipe on my own site, Did the https://cookandenjoyrecipes.wordpress.com/2017/02/05/ess-vegan-shepherds-pie/
    I also emailed it to the February Host
    Please let me know if I am missing anything.

February 5, 2017 at 5:03 pm

Hi, Es! I am so glad you are joining this little challenge! I like your version of the recipe. I have never used vegan “meat”, but have made vegetarian version of Shepherd’s pie using lentils as substitute. I didn’t even miss the ground beef 🙂
      As per game rules, you also need to add somewhere in your post that you’re entering your recipe for the game and include the link to this game page, as well as the link to the February Host. That way, others who see your recipe and want to enter know where to go and can easily find the rules. Just a sentence or two is enough. That’s all.
      Thank you so much for sharing! Have a wonderful week! 😀

Fabiola Garciaf
    January 16, 2017 at 12:28 am

Great idea, how can I enter?

January 16, 2017 at 9:51 am

Hi, Fabiola! To enter, email me link(s) to your recipe(s) at allthatsjas1@gmail.com. Detailed instructions are explained in this post as is the link to January ingredient, which is Gorgonzola (or any blue cheese you prefer). Hope you’ll participate!

Keri
    January 12, 2017 at 7:59 pm

That sounds like a fun game Jas!! Blessings to you in the New Year!
    Keri recently posted…Free JPEG File Wreaths Perfect for Making StencilsMy Profile

January 13, 2017 at 12:04 pm

Thanks, Keri! Hope you’ll joins us! Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

January 5, 2017 at 9:07 am

I’m going to try to remember to play – what a fun idea! Thanks for sharing on the What’s for Dinner Link up!

January 5, 2017 at 9:59 pm

Please do, it’ll be fun!

Tianna
    January 4, 2017 at 1:36 pm

what a fun idea! happy new year!
    Tianna recently posted…5 Natural Beauty Resolutions to Make in 2017!My Profile

January 4, 2017 at 2:34 pm

Thank you so much, Tianna! Hope you’ll join us 😀

angie
    January 1, 2017 at 8:00 pm

sounds very interesting how do we become involved

January 1, 2017 at 9:06 pm

Hi, Angie! Follow instructions from the January 1st post: “Recipe Showdown – Ingredient for January 2017”. Let me know if you have any additional questions! Happy and prosperous 2017!!!

Janet Vinyard
    January 1, 2017 at 1:36 pm

Hi Jas, Sounds interesting and fun! Best wishes for a very Happy New Year! Blessings, Janet
    Janet Vinyard recently posted…Silver Foodie Top 10 Recipes 2016My Profile

January 1, 2017 at 9:01 pm

Hi, Janet! Hope you’ll join us! Happy New Year and all the best! 😀

December 27, 2016 at 3:12 pm

Yayyyy!! It’s finally out! I like the title too…recipe showdown! Tweet at you laterrrrr. Xoxo.

December 27, 2016 at 8:34 pm

Thanks Ann, hope you’ll have fun participating! It’s a great way to meat new bloggers and food lovers! 😀