Zucchini Maple Bacon & Gorgonzola Appetizer | GUEST POST

zucchini maple bacon and gorgonzola appetizer | guest post - All that's Jas

Zucchini, a versatile super star vegetable, is everyone’s favorite when topped with bacon, maple, and Gorgonzola in this easy appetizer.

Zucchini Maple Bacon & Gorgonzola Appetizer

A guest post by Andrea G.

Andrea is a nurse and a mom to two beautiful daughters. She also happens to be my beautiful daughter (I am not biased). She loves blue cheese and wanted to participate in the Recipe Showdown challenge but alas, she has no website and her social media accounts are private. Can you believe she didn’t invite me over when she made these yummy treats? Kids. πŸ™‚

Welcome Andrea as my first guest post author and let’s see what she has to say about her recipe:

To me zucchini is a super star vegetable. It is so versatile you’ll never get tired of using it. I’ve grilled it, stuffed it, and hidden it in muffins. Here I made a simple, flavorful appetizer in no time. My kids love finger food and although they like eating their vegetables (I know, lucky me) it is fun to present them in different ways to get them to eat more of it.

Zucchini Maple Bacon & Gorgonzola Appetizer

#Zucchini, a versatile super star #vegetable, is everyone's favorite when topped with #bacon,… Click To Tweet

zucchini maple bacon and gorgonzola appetizer | guest post - All that's Jas

2 zucchini, yellow squash or combination
4 strips of bacon
Gorgonzola cheese
Maple syrup

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

Slice zucchini into 1/2-inch thick circles, place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes.

In the meantime, cook your bacon until crispy, then remove to a paper towel-lined plate. Crumble.

Put pieces of crumbled bacon on top. Lightly drizzle with maple syrup. Top with chunks of Gorgonzola. Put back in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese has softened a bit.

To serve, transfer zucchini bites to a serving plate.

zucchini maple bacon and gorgonzola appetizer | guest post - All that's Jas

zucchini maple bacon and gorgonzola appetizer | guest post - All that's Jas

Zucchini Maple Bacon & Gorgonzola Appetizer

Zucchini Maple Bacon & Gorgonzola Appetizer

Zucchini, a versatile super star vegetable, is everyone's favorite when topped with bacon, maple, and Gorgonzola in this easy appetizer.

• 2 zucchini, yellow squash or combination
  • 4 strips of bacon
  • Gorgonzola cheese
  • Maple syrup

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

To serve, transfer zucchini bites to a serving plate.

Thank you, Andrea, for sharing this super easy, yummy appetizer. Perfect for a game night to share with friends.

February 3, 2017 at 10:45 am

Sounds so good! Thanks for sharing on the What’s for Dinner link up!

February 3, 2017 at 11:29 am

Thank you, Helen!

Twochicksandamom/Donna
    February 2, 2017 at 8:35 pm

Wow, this looks delicious and is healthy, too. Thanks for sharing at Funtastic Friday.
    Twochicksandamom/Donna recently posted…Chocolate Chip Confectioners CookiesMy Profile

February 3, 2017 at 11:26 am

Hi, Donna! It is really delicious (I had to make my own, lol) and love the health factor. Thanks for stopping in!

February 2, 2017 at 3:55 pm

Andrea must have gotten the creative from you, Jas. The apple, in tis case zucchini, does not too far away from the tree! πŸ˜€

February 3, 2017 at 11:09 am

Hahaha, If zucchinis would grow on a tree πŸ˜› Mwaaaaah!

January 31, 2017 at 3:43 pm

I just pinned your awesome appetizer and can’t wait to try it! Hope you are enjoying your day and thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday!
    Come Back Soon
    Miz Helen recently posted…Italian Meatball CasseroleMy Profile

January 31, 2017 at 11:52 pm

Thank you, Miz Helen! πŸ™‚

January 31, 2017 at 8:04 am

Andrea seems to be following in her mom’s footsteps when it comes to making delicious treats. I’m a huge fan of zucchini and adding the bacon and gorgonzola just takes it to the next level. So glad you shared this on your blog Jas

January 31, 2017 at 11:49 pm

Thank you, Michelle, she came a long way. To think she got married without knowing how to cook… πŸ™‚

Kimm at Reinvented
    January 31, 2017 at 7:25 am

We just started using zucchini in place of pasta. These look so good…can’t wait to try them.
    Thanks for sharing at Funtastic Friday!

January 31, 2017 at 7:39 am

We have been using spaghetti squash for noodles but haven’t tried zucchini yet, although we have zucchini at least 3 times a week (and I have a spiralizer). I think it’s time to venture out, lol. Thanks for the reminder πŸ™‚

7. […] the oven. Mmm, finger food at its best! I love how easy is to make, so be sure to save her recipe Zucchini Maple Bacon & Gorgonzola Appetizer for upcoming game […]

Karen (Back Road Journal)
    January 26, 2017 at 10:39 am

A delicious way to treat zucchini. BTW, next time invite your mother. πŸ˜€

January 27, 2017 at 8:53 pm

Lol, you tell her, Karen! Thanks for visiting!