Easy Cauliflower Frittata

easy cauliflower fritatta - All that's Jas

Is plural for frittata still frittata or frittatas? I’m afraid my site would be searched for a different reason, ha! To get me to eat vegetables my mom would often hide them in the most unexpected ways. It wasn’t that I hated them but I wouldn’t even try them to begin with, and probably just thought I’d hate them. I mean duh, they’re vegetables…Gross! But once she tricked me into having a bite, I was hooked. So it was with cauliflower when she hid it in a frittata.

Easy Cauliflower Frittata

Fast forward to now:

My taste buds for food in general have changed over the years so much that you have to hide it from me for real. You know because of the famous sea diet: I “sea” it, I eat it. I’m no longer the skinny, picky eater I once was. Funny how life works out. I love this easy cauliflower frittata because it’s delicious and reminds me of childhood.

Bottom line?

If you have picky eaters, you can hide vegetables pretty much everywhere. Remember the whole cabbage head I hid from my husband? That was my favorite! And that other way I hid cauliflower from my granddaughter? I love this hide and seek game. What hiding place are you most proud of? Tell me in the comments, I’d love to read your ideas.

Best part:

The cauliflower frittata is easy to make, low in carbs, gluten free and can be served for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or supper.

Easy Cauliflower Frittata

How to #hide #cauliflower in a #frittata from your picky eaters? #easy #delicious #allthatsjas Click To Tweet

easy cauliflower fritatta All that's Jas

Serves 4-6

1 small head cauliflower
4 eggs
¼ cup milk
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup shredded cheddar (or mozzarella)
3 tablespoons olive oil

To garnish (optional)
Roasted tomatoes and chopped fresh chives

Clean and separate the cauliflower into florets. Bring a pot with salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until fork tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well.

Meanwhile, whisk eggs and milk together in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Add drained cauliflower florets and using a fork, or a masher, press the cauliflower just enough to break down larger pieces. Do not mash it, unless you’re really trying to hide it. Fold in the cheese.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Heat the oil in a 6 or 8-inch cast iron skillet or an ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the cauliflower egg mixture and distribute the filling evenly. Cook until the bottom is just brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until frittata is set on top, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes to finish cooking.

Slice into wedges and serve warm.

Serving suggestion: top with a dollop of sour cream alongside salad greens.

easy cauliflower fritatta - All that's Jas

easy cauliflower fritatta - All that's Jas

easy cauliflower fritatta - All that's Jas

If you like frittata, you will want to try bacon & greens frittata, because everything is better with bacon!

Easy Cauliflower Frittata

Easy Cauliflower Frittata

Cauliflower frittata couldn't be easier to make and it's a great way to hide this undervalued vegetable from your picky eaters.

• 1 small head cauliflower
  • 4 eggs
  • ¼ cup milk
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar (or mozzarella)
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • .
  • To garnish (optional)
  • Roasted tomatoes and chopped fresh chives

Meanwhile, whisk eggs and milk together in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Add drained cauliflower florets and using a fork, or a masher, press the cauliflower just enough to break down larger pieces. Do not mash it, unless you're really trying to hide it. Fold in the cheese.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Slice into wedges and serve warm.

Notes

Serving suggestion: top with a dollop of sour cream alongside salad greens.

Recipe featured on Eclectic Red Barn, Blogghetti, Mommy On Demand, Rattlebridge Farm, and Mom Home Guide.

shelley
    February 23, 2017 at 11:34 am

I love cauliflower now that I’m an adult but I hated it when I was a kid. And then I had a super picky kid and I was the mommy hiding the veggies! Circle of Life I guess. Thanks for sharing at Over the Moon. Hope to see you again next week.

February 23, 2017 at 8:33 pm

You are so right, Shelley! I was the pickiest eater there ever was. I truly hated food and ate just enough to survive. I was a nightmare for my mom, because there was no food I liked. Nothing! I spent my childhood at doctors’ trying to figure out why I don’t have an appetite and how to gain some weight. Now not only do I adore food, I have to diet to lose weight. The irony, lol.

Jae | Dreaming of Leaving
    February 21, 2017 at 8:52 am

Oh my goodness this looks absolutely DIVINE! What a fantastic recipe, definitely pinning 🙂 have a great day xo

February 21, 2017 at 11:19 pm

Thank you very much, Jae! Hope your week is amazing so far!

Happiness is Homemade Link Party #159
    February 19, 2017 at 7:48 am

[…] Easy Cauliflower Frittata by All That Jas […]

4. […] Easy Cauliflower Frittata by All That Jas […]

Karren
    February 17, 2017 at 9:12 am

I have been meaning to try a fritta and your recipe looks great. Pinned to share!
    Thank you for visiting Oh My Heartsie Girls Friday Features to share your blog!
    Have a great weekend!

February 17, 2017 at 9:19 pm

Thank you, Karren. It’s simple, but sometimes simple is all you need 🙂

Mary-the boondocks blog
    February 16, 2017 at 6:33 pm

Jas this is super easy to make. I too need to hide the veggies and I have grown kids and still they get all upset when they see pretty veggies. I love frittatas!
    Mary-the boondocks blog recently posted…Two Year Blogoversary and My Favorite PostsMy Profile

February 16, 2017 at 10:19 pm

It is super easy to make, Mary! Hope you can sneak it past your kids 😉

February 15, 2017 at 10:06 am

I love cauliflower and this look delicious! Thanks for sharing on the What’s for Dinner link up!

February 15, 2017 at 11:12 pm

Hi, Helen! There are still recipes with cauliflower I need to explore 🙂

February 15, 2017 at 8:17 am

Ha!! Me too. Hide all of the food, not just the veggies. I am also on the seefood diet. Unfortunately my belt is getting a bit tight on that diet so I may have to try something else for a week or two 😉
    Carlee recently posted…Marlene’s Sour Cream Cookies – Rolled VersionMy Profile

February 15, 2017 at 8:32 am

Uh-oh…I haven’t tried no-food diet yet, lol. Maybe that would help, ha!

February 14, 2017 at 2:12 pm

Your Cauliflower Frittata looks delicious. Happy Valentine Day and thanks so much for sharing your awesome talent with us at Full Plate Thursday!
    Miz Helen recently posted…Baked Chocolate Mini DonutsMy Profile

February 14, 2017 at 10:04 pm

Thank you! Hope your Valentine’s Day was exceptional!

Kat
    February 14, 2017 at 1:59 pm

Well that looks healthy AND delicious. Might have to give it a try

Meal Plan Monday (February 13)
    February 13, 2017 at 6:53 pm

[…] like to serve at least one low-cost vegetarian meal during the week, so I’d love to try this Easy Cauliflower Frittata recipe by All That’s […]

Villroses hage
    February 13, 2017 at 2:31 pm

Looks yummy! I pin it.

February 13, 2017 at 2:51 pm

Thank you!

Genie
    February 10, 2017 at 5:05 pm

I do all kinds of strange things with cauliflower. This looks really good!

February 10, 2017 at 7:05 pm

Genie, you daredevil, LOL! You got me intrigued. Where, exactly, have you documented those strange things? I’d love to see them 😀

Donna @ Modern on Monticello
    February 10, 2017 at 3:32 pm

I have NEVER cooked cauliflower but I might just give recipe a try. Looks yummy. Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty

February 10, 2017 at 3:50 pm

Donna, do you mean you only eat it raw or you have never even tried this vegetable? In that case, I’d suggest “hiding” it from yourself in my cauli mac and cheese recipe first, lol. I can’t wait to hear what you think!! Have a great weekend!

Katherines Corner
    February 9, 2017 at 1:22 pm

pinned this yummyness and featured on google plus and facebook too xo
    Katherines Corner recently posted…Book Club Thursday Favorite Things Blog HopMy Profile

February 10, 2017 at 10:50 am

Thank you, my friend! You’re too sweet! Wishing you a blessed weekend and happy Valentine’s Day! XOXO

Deena
    February 8, 2017 at 11:00 pm

This looks absolutely divine

February 9, 2017 at 12:23 pm

Deena, you’re too sweet. Thank you bunches!

Rachel
    February 8, 2017 at 6:55 pm

I want to try this! I love all things cauliflower, but my kids do not, which is why I couldn’t be happier about my faux-tato trickery: Cauliflower Shepherd’s Pie! I had my stepson devouring this dish for months! I finally broke down and told him that the mashed potatoes were really cauliflower. He secretly still loves the dish although he won’t admit it!

February 9, 2017 at 12:25 pm

Oh, you’re one of those mean stepmoms, lol. Just kidding. You have to be creative with kids and cauli Shepard’s pie sounds amazing!