Stay on Track: Healthy Eating Recipe Round-Up

STAY-ON-TRACK Healthy Eating Recipe Roundup - All that's Jas

How many of us installed new eating habits this New Year but fell off the wagon hard last night with some warm brownies and ice cream?

The truth?

It didn’t happen last night. It happened the first week in. So how do you stay on track?

I think you’ll agree with me when I say it’s difficult to stick closely to a low-calorie eating plan and sometimes we give in and eat too much. Those slip-ups are discouraging and make us want to give up on losing weight.

How about exercise?

Let’s face it: The more I eat the less I have desire to break a sweat.

I hate being uncomfortable in my own skin so I said goodbye to brownies and ice cream. Just last week I made a conscious decision to work out and stick to my diet. My plan was quickly put on hold when I got injured horsing around with my daughter. We were testing some self-defense moves. I was trying to get her off of me so I twisted to my right side. I heard a crack and there was a sharp pain in my rib cage. Not sure if I bruised a rib or pulled a muscle. How am I supposed to exercise now?

Literally half of my life I hated food and have been on a diet to gain some weight. The other half I’ve spent trying to lose it. Oh, the irony.

But you know what?

You don’t have to be perfect to lose weight and be healthy. Just aim for progress and not perfection.

Do you struggle staying on track with healthy eating? To help you (and me) stay motivated, I’ve rounded up some healthy recipes from my bloggy friends. Let’s take baby steps together and celebrate every small progress.

Stay on Track: Healthy Eating Recipe Round-Up

You don't have to be perfect to lose #weight and be #healthy. Stay on Track Healthy Eating… Click To Tweet

STAY-ON-TRACK Healthy Eating Recipe Roundup - All that's Jas

Stephanie of Abbotts at Home shares with us how she gets nine super foods in this breakfast oatmeal.

STAY-ON-TRACK Healthy Eating Recipe Roundup - All that's Jas

Katie of One Hungry Bunny generously offered four of her recipes. You know I love frittata and this one is packed with protein and vegetables.

STAY-ON-TRACK Healthy Eating Recipe Roundup - All that's Jas

Katie also shared a warm Brussels sprouts salad with quinoa, greens, mushrooms, and almonds for crunch. Yum!

STAY-ON-TRACK Healthy Eating Recipe Roundup - All that's Jas

This orange glazed tofu is baked crispy and served on bed of rice. It looks so good, Katie got me thinking of giving tofu another chance.

STAY-ON-TRACK Healthy Eating Recipe Roundup - All that's Jas

I’m gaining weight just by looking at these no-bake almond bars, but Katie is in tip-top shape. I want to know that hungry Bunny’s secret.

STAY-ON-TRACK Healthy Eating Recipe Roundup - All that's Jas

Sarah and Pam of Biscuits and Burlap also have a plan to eat healthy this year and they grill their preacher chicken to keep the calories down.

STAY-ON-TRACK Healthy Eating Recipe Roundup - All that's Jas

I love fish and this simple fish taco recipe from Patti of Hearth and Vine is calling my name.

STAY-ON-TRACK Healthy Eating Recipe Roundup - All that's Jas

Pamela of Mommacon got me all drooling over her Greek potato salad.

STAY-ON-TRACK Healthy Eating Recipe Roundup - All that's Jas

Creamy Southwestern garbanzo salad is a meal on its own, with all the goodies Beth of Binky’s Culinary Carnival put in. Yum!

STAY-ON-TRACK Healthy Eating Recipe Roundup - All that's Jas

Beth is teasing me with this cherry, coconut, and almond crisp. Much better than brownie and ice cream, right?

STAY-ON-TRACK Healthy Eating Recipe Roundup - All that's Jas

Tian Provencal vegetable bake from yours truly is pretty to look at and pretty tasty.

Tian Provençal vegetable bake - All that's Jas. This tasty French dish with baked fresh summer vegetable tastes even better made a day in advance.

One more from me, this eggplant with garlic yogurt sauce recipe from the archives it’s so good I could eat it every day.

Eggplant with garlic yogurt sauce - All that's Jas

Hope you are inspired to stay on track and eat healthy. I know I am! If you have a method that works for you I’d love to hear it. Please tell me in the comment section. I need all the help I can get (before I get out my ice cream scoop, ha).

Marilyn Lesniak
    March 13, 2017 at 11:56 am

Thank you for sharing your wonderful post at #OverTheMoon. I look forward to what you will share next week! Like someone in person today! We hope you’ll come back again next Sunday when we open our doors at 6:00 PM EST. Pinned and tweeted!

March 13, 2017 at 3:50 pm

Thank you, Marilyn! Love partying with you all!

March 12, 2017 at 9:17 am

I’m running behind!! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe on last week’s What’s for Dinner link up!
    Helen at the Lazy Gastronome recently posted…What’s for Dinner? Link up #87My Profile

Laurie
    March 7, 2017 at 2:42 pm

Great tip to work on making progress. Thanks for sharing these recipes too. I too am doing my best to get back on track . . I think I need to give up sugar for life . . .if . . only. . I . . could . . be. . .that. . strong . . sigh
    Thanks for sharing some inspiration on Snickerdoodle! Pinned and Stumbled to share. Have a great week and make some progress 🙂

March 7, 2017 at 11:46 pm

Thanks, Laurie! I’m with you on the sugar thing. If it was just the obvious it would be easy, but all the sugar hiding in everything is hard to eliminate. I’m spending hours at the grocery reading every label, lol.

March 7, 2017 at 11:42 am

What a great post! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome recipe’s with us at Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great day and come back to see us real soon!
    Miz Helen recently posted…March Food and Recipe BasketMy Profile

March 7, 2017 at 11:42 pm

Thank you heaps!

Debrashoppeno5
    March 6, 2017 at 8:23 am

I am recovering from a TIA so although I eat some what heatlhy I need some new tasty recipes. This fits the bill.

March 6, 2017 at 9:57 pm

I hope you’re on the mends. Thank you for stopping in. Take care and take it easy!

March 6, 2017 at 12:47 am

Ah darnit, how did you guess? I think it took me about two days before my healthy eating resolution flew out the window. Thanks for the roundup Jas, there are some great recipes here. I’m really keen to try the grilled Preacher chicken and the Tian Provencal veggie bake this week and the kids are going to love the no-bake almond bars

March 6, 2017 at 8:04 am

Same here, Michelle! It’s obviously better to balance our diet with healthy options but that’d be too easy, right? Now I’m struggling to get back on track and putting myself through not-so-enjoyable restrictions 🙁

Gentle Joy Homemaker
    March 3, 2017 at 11:56 am

These foods look tasty and healthy…. good combo. Good to have good recipes on hand to help prevent the “I want something to eat now and there isn’t anything healthy fixed, so I’ll grab anything” times. 🙂

March 4, 2017 at 9:55 pm

I know those times way too well. It’s a process changing your lifestyle and a slow one at that. Thanks for stopping in!

Carol ("Mimi")
    February 28, 2017 at 10:04 am

Thanks the healthy recipes and the inspiration to stay on track. I need all the reminders I can get. Last night, it was the Ben & Jerry’s ice cream that called to me . . . sigh.
    Carol (“Mimi”) recently posted…Quick St. Patrick’s Day WreathMy Profile

February 28, 2017 at 10:56 pm

I know the feeling all too well, Carol 🙁 Stay focused! 🙂

Beth @ Binky's Culinary Carnival
    February 27, 2017 at 1:35 pm

This is a great round-up of healthy recipes, Jas! I agree with you, looking at Bunny’s tofu make me want to give it another chance too! 🙂

February 28, 2017 at 11:04 pm

I know, right? It seems like just the right recipe for it 😀

STEPHANIE
    February 27, 2017 at 10:50 am

Great picks for this round up. I’ll have to get busy making some healthy treats too. The oatmeal and some other healthy foods I eat are great, but I keep getting sucked into the Halloween through Valentines Day chocolate vacuum that comes with having little kids. Must not eat the chocolates. 🙂
    STEPHANIE recently posted…DIY Latex Chalkboard Paint – tips and tricksMy Profile

February 28, 2017 at 11:08 pm

Priorities, priorities, lol! I’m giving up all sugar for lent. See how it goes, sigh. Thanks for stopping in!