St. Patrick’s Day Martini – Melontini #StPatricksDay

St. Patrick's Day Martini - All that's Jas

St. Patrick's Day Martini - All that's Jas

St. Patrick’s Day Melon Flavored Martini – Melontini

St. Patrick’s Day is a nightmare for non-beer drinkers. I mean, maybe it’s not a nightmare, more of an inconvenience. You go out on St. Paddy’s Day and try ordering anything other than beer. The funny looks you’ll get!  Not to mention even more funny looks because you’re not wearing green. People around here take it personally.

I’m sorry, but I’m not Irish!

Do not kiss me, and do not even think about pinching me! However, this year I’m trying to fit in and I’m doing it with this green martini -Melontini.

As the name suggests, melontini is made with a splash of melon liqueur. Weirdly, I love everything melon-flavored but I don’t like melons. Just call me the St. Patrick’s Day Grinch, mmmkay?

The closest to anything Irish I am is that I live in midst of Fighting Irish city – Notre Dame University. Honestly, for almost twenty years living here, I have not once been to a single game. Tailgating is as far as I’ll go. I mean, I have nothing against the team or Irish, it’s just that I do not understand football and have no desire to learn the rules.

But, we can talk soccer all you want. And even more, we can talk about it over this super green St. Patrick’s Day martini. I’ll even cook something Irish for you.

How to make St. Patrick’s Day Martini – Melontini

By the way, are you a beer drinker? Do you mind when someone takes a sip of beer from your glass (or bottle)? To tell the truth I have this thing where I always take the first sip of my husband’s drink. He’s so trained by now, he comes to find me if I’m not near him when he pours himself a drink. He’s a keeper!

In any case, how do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? In short, what do you cook and most importantly, what do you drink? Just remember, if you’re going out – drink responsibly! Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Cheers!

Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with a #green #martini - Melontini #StParticksDay #melontini… Click To Tweet

St. Patrick's Day Martini - All that's Jas

Serves 2

1 cup ice
4 ounces vodka
3 ounces melon liqueur
lime for garnish

In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add vodka and melon liqueur. Shake. Then strain into a martini glass and serve.

St. Partick's Day Martini - All that's Jas

St. Patrick's Day Melon Flavored Martini - Melontini

St. Patrick’s Day Martini – Melontini

St. Patrick’s Day Martini – Melontini

Melon flavored green martini - Melontini is a cocktail you need to celebrate St. Patrick's Day with style. Cheers!

• 1 cup ice
  • 4 ounces vodka
  • 3 ounces melon liqueur
  • lime for garnish

In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add vodka and melon liqueur. Shake.

Strain into a martini glass and serve.

Pin it: St. Patrick’s Day Melon Flavored Martini – Melontini

St. Patrick's Day Melon Flavored Martini - Melontini is a is a perfect cocktail to celebrate St. Patrick's day or just because

Here’s the bonus:

St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner.  It is a great time to celebrate the Irish in all of us, even if there isn’t any!  There are a lot more ways to celebrate than drinking green beer.

So Jan from The Tip Garden and Carlee from Cooking with Carlee got us together to share our best St. Patrick’s Day inspired recipes.  There is sure to be something for everyone!

Beef and Stout Stew from Caroline’s Cooking
St. Patrick’s Day Green Martini – Melontini from All That’s Jas
Stout Cupcakes with Irish Buttercream from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Ulster Fry from Palatable Pastime

I’m social. Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or Google

Keri
    March 17, 2017 at 12:09 am

Jas, I’ve never been one for football either, and after watching that movie Concussion, I’m like yikes! Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful St. Patrick’s Day. 🙂
    Keri recently posted…Reupholstered Reading ChairMy Profile

March 17, 2017 at 9:13 am

I know, right? Happy St. Paddy’s Day to you too, Keri!

March 15, 2017 at 10:53 am

Oh my oh my oh my – I want this!! Had to pin this dish! Thanks for sharing on the What’s for Dinner link up!

March 15, 2017 at 10:03 pm

Jenna @ A Savory Feast
    March 15, 2017 at 8:43 am

This green drink is so fun! I’m not into beer, so I’d much rather have a martini for St. Patrick’s Day.
    Jenna @ A Savory Feast recently posted…Strawberry Peach Hand PiesMy Profile

March 15, 2017 at 9:57 pm

Thank you. Jenna! I’m a cocktail girl myself 🙂

Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond
    March 12, 2017 at 11:24 pm

I will have one thank you very much! Thanks for sharing with us at #OvertheMoon Link Party. I’ve pinned and shared.
    Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond recently posted…Over the Moon Link Party #64My Profile

March 13, 2017 at 3:49 pm

Thanks, Sue! 😀

Beverly
    March 12, 2017 at 11:45 am

Oh, this looks tasty, Jas! We love making cocktails and are always looking for ideas. Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle. Pinning.
    Beverly recently posted…Snickerdoodle Create~Bake~Make Party # 172My Profile

March 12, 2017 at 6:04 pm

Thank you, Beverly! Hope you like it 😀

March 12, 2017 at 9:18 am

Absolutely refreshing! Love the addition of mint and lime too. A toast to you! Wishing you a super Sunday! Just pinned.

March 12, 2017 at 6:04 pm

Thank you, Bobbi! Hope you had a relaxing weekend!

Wendy
    March 11, 2017 at 4:57 pm

I don’t mind beer once in awhile but I would much rather have one of these amazing martinis.

March 11, 2017 at 10:39 pm

I agree with you, Wendy. Beer is boring even when it’s green, lol!

Sarah @ TheFitCookie
    March 11, 2017 at 11:03 am

What a fun idea for St. Patrick’s Day! My husband loves fruity cocktails – I should make this for him this month!

March 11, 2017 at 10:41 pm

He’ll love this one, Sarah! And it’s so easy to make. I like it when there aren’t tons of ingredients 🙂

Shelby
    March 11, 2017 at 9:53 am

🙂 I take kisses (from certain people lol) and leave the pinches out…but I’m not Irish either (Mostly Scottish (mom) with a little native american mixed in(dad)). This drink would suit me fine. It’s green, that’s all that matters to me for St. Patrick’s Day – although I do like beer too. 😉 GORGEOUS photo!

March 11, 2017 at 10:49 pm

Lol, thanks for clarifying 😀 I wish my ancestors were as exotic as yours. Mine are all the same and boring. I don’t even have a middle name. 🙁 Thanks for stopping in!

Sara
    March 10, 2017 at 11:29 pm

Very cool! I’m really digging those martini glasses, too. Thanks for linking up at the Home Matters Link Party! We hope to see you again next week:) #HomeMattersParty

March 11, 2017 at 10:49 pm

Thank you, Sara! Hope you’re enjoying your weekend.

March 10, 2017 at 9:55 pm

The drink is gorgeous to be sure! I don’t drink often either, but don’t mind a taste if my husband is having something new. If I am going to have a drink though, something like this is where I’m going to gravitate any time!
    Carlee recently posted…Irish Tea Brack #StPatricksDayMy Profile

March 10, 2017 at 11:02 pm

I like your style, Carlee 🙂 We have so much in common! Is that house across the street still for sale? LOL. Have a wonderful weekend!

12. […] Rolls from From Gate to Plate Slow Cooker Guinness Pot Roast from Amy’s Cooking Adventures St. Patrick’s Day Green Martini – Melontini from All That’s Jas Stout Cupcakes with Irish Buttercream from A Kitchen Hoor’s […]

Mrs Shoes
    March 10, 2017 at 11:43 am

Okay, true story, I will watch football because I like the look of men in football pants. Did I say pants? I meant GEAR, of course. I like to look at their rear gear, specifically. I know *just* enough to talk smack all day long against my brother-in-laws’ teams (in hockey too), even if I have to listen to a sports report for facts to insult him with, facts which I freely admit that I then promptly forget once the burn has been laid.
    Soccer shorts are way too flappy to bother watching at all, in my mind. Plus, BIL doesn’t follow much soccer. Maybe he should, because I can be versatile; I also dis golf pros when he & Mr Shoes are watching golf on tv after having playing 36 holes.
    I should probably drink more than I do…… the melontini looks marvellous!
    When we were newlyweds & Mr Shoes took sandwiches to work, I used to take a bite off one corner & call it a lovebite. I really just wanted to taste his sandwich.

March 10, 2017 at 2:54 pm

Lol, love bite! That’s too cute. Football gear is too padded for my taste, I prefer flappy soccer shorts as they show more leg 😉 And you can see their faces. To each their own, I guess. Have a great weekend!

Caroline
    March 10, 2017 at 11:07 am

Love the pics, definitely a great St Patrick’s day drink.

March 10, 2017 at 2:55 pm

Thank you, Caroline! Wishing you a fabulous weekend!

15. […] St. Patrick’s Day Green Martini – Melontini from All That’s Jas […]