St. Patrick’s Day Martini – Melontini

St. Patrick's Day Martini - All that's Jas

St. Patrick's Day Martini - All that's Jas

St. Patrick’s Day Melon Flavored Martini – Melontini

St. Patrick’s Day is a nightmare for non-beer drinkers. I mean, maybe it’s not a nightmare, more of an inconvenience. You go out on St. Paddy’s Day and try ordering anything other than beer. The funny looks you’ll get!  Not to mention even more funny looks because you’re not wearing green. People around here take it personally.

I’m sorry, but I’m not Irish! Do not kiss me, and do not even think about pinching me! However, this year I’m trying to fit in and I’m doing it with this green martini -Melontini.

As the name suggests, melontini is made with a splash of melon liqueur. Weirdly, I love everything melon-flavored but I don’t like melons. Just call me the St. Patrick’s Day Grinch, mmmkay?

The closest to anything Irish I am is that I live in midst of Fighting Irish city – Notre Dame University. Honestly, for almost twenty years living here, I have not once been to a single game. Tailgating is as far as I’ll go. I mean, I have nothing against the team or Irish, it’s just that I do not understand football and have no desire to learn the rules.

But, we can talk soccer all you want. And even more, we can talk about it over this super green St. Patrick’s Day martini. I’ll even cook something Irish for you.

How to make St. Patrick’s Day Martini – Melontini

By the way, are you a beer drinker? Do you mind when someone takes a sip of beer from your glass (or bottle)? To tell the truth I have this thing where I always take the first sip of my husband’s drink. He’s so trained by now, he comes to find me if I’m not near him when he pours himself a drink. He’s a keeper!

In any case, how do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? In short, what do you cook and most importantly, what do you drink? Just remember, if you’re going out – drink responsibly! Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Cheers!

This post might contain some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.

Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with a #green #martini - Melontini #StParticksDay #melontini #cocktail #allthatsjas Click To Tweet

St. Patrick's Day Martini - All that's Jas

INGREDIENTS:
Serves 2

• 1 cup ice
  • 4 ounces vodka
  • 3 ounces melon liqueur
  • lime for garnish

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add vodka and melon liqueur. Shake. Then strain into a martini glass and serve.

St. Partick's Day Martini - All that's Jas

St. Patrick's Day Melon Flavored Martini - Melontini

5 from 4 votes
St. Patrick’s Day Martini – Melontini
Prep Time
5 mins
Total Time
5 mins

Melon flavored green martini - Melontini is a cocktail you need to celebrate St. Patrick's Day with style. Cheers!
Course: Beverage
Cuisine: Irish
Servings: 2
Author: Jas
  • 1 cup ice
  • 4 ounces vodka
  • 3 ounces melon liqueur
  • lime for garnish
Instructions
  1. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add vodka and melon liqueur. Shake.
  2. Strain into a martini glass and serve.

Pin it: St. Patrick’s Day Melon Flavored Martini – Melontini

St. Patrick's Day Melon Flavored Martini - Melontini is a is a perfect cocktail to celebrate St. Patrick's day or just because

Featured on: My Girlish Whims, Pieced Pastimes, and The Cottage Market.

Here’s the bonus:

St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner.  It is a great time to celebrate the Irish in all of us, even if there isn’t any!  There are a lot more ways to celebrate than drinking green beer.

So Jan from The Tip Garden and Carlee from Cooking with Carlee got us together to share our best St. Patrick’s Day inspired recipes.  There is sure to be something for everyone!

Beef and Stout Stew from Caroline’s Cooking
Chocolate Cupcakes with Irish Cream Frosting from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Chocolate Stout Floats from The Chef Next Door
Easy 5 Ingredient Chocolate Mint Cookies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Grilled Cabbage Steaks with Stout Gravy from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Irish Tea Brack from Cooking With Carlee
Lucky Leprachaun Minty Milkshakes from Family Around the Table
Nana’s Shepherd’s Pie from The Tip Garden
Reuben Quesadillas from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Reuben Stuffed Crescent Rolls from From Gate to Plate
Slow Cooker Guinness Pot Roast from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
St. Patrick’s Day Green Martini – Melontini from All That’s Jas
Stout Cupcakes with Irish Buttercream from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Ulster Fry from Palatable Pastime

Jas is a cheesecake addict and the author of Balkan Comfort Food cookbook available on Amazon. You can download a free excerpt of the book when you subscribe to All that's Jas newsletter updates or purchase the full version below. To learn more about Jas visit her About page.

1. […] St. Patrick’s Day Green Martini – Melontini from All That’s Jas […]

Caroline
    March 10, 2017 at 11:07 am

Love the pics, definitely a great St Patrick’s day drink.

March 10, 2017 at 2:55 pm

Thank you, Caroline! Wishing you a fabulous weekend!

Mrs Shoes
    March 10, 2017 at 11:43 am

Okay, true story, I will watch football because I like the look of men in football pants. Did I say pants? I meant GEAR, of course. I like to look at their rear gear, specifically. I know *just* enough to talk smack all day long against my brother-in-laws’ teams (in hockey too), even if I have to listen to a sports report for facts to insult him with, facts which I freely admit that I then promptly forget once the burn has been laid.
    Soccer shorts are way too flappy to bother watching at all, in my mind. Plus, BIL doesn’t follow much soccer. Maybe he should, because I can be versatile; I also dis golf pros when he & Mr Shoes are watching golf on tv after having playing 36 holes.
    I should probably drink more than I do…… the melontini looks marvellous!
    When we were newlyweds & Mr Shoes took sandwiches to work, I used to take a bite off one corner & call it a lovebite. I really just wanted to taste his sandwich.

March 10, 2017 at 2:54 pm

Lol, love bite! That’s too cute. Football gear is too padded for my taste, I prefer flappy soccer shorts as they show more leg 😉 And you can see their faces. To each their own, I guess. Have a great weekend!

4. […] Rolls from From Gate to Plate Slow Cooker Guinness Pot Roast from Amy’s Cooking Adventures St. Patrick’s Day Green Martini – Melontini from All That’s Jas Stout Cupcakes with Irish Buttercream from A Kitchen Hoor’s […]

March 10, 2017 at 9:55 pm

The drink is gorgeous to be sure! I don’t drink often either, but don’t mind a taste if my husband is having something new. If I am going to have a drink though, something like this is where I’m going to gravitate any time!

March 10, 2017 at 11:02 pm

I like your style, Carlee 🙂 We have so much in common! Is that house across the street still for sale? LOL. Have a wonderful weekend!

Sara
    March 10, 2017 at 11:29 pm

Very cool! I’m really digging those martini glasses, too. Thanks for linking up at the Home Matters Link Party! We hope to see you again next week:) #HomeMattersParty

March 11, 2017 at 10:49 pm

Thank you, Sara! Hope you’re enjoying your weekend.

Shelby
    March 11, 2017 at 9:53 am

🙂 I take kisses (from certain people lol) and leave the pinches out…but I’m not Irish either (Mostly Scottish (mom) with a little native american mixed in(dad)). This drink would suit me fine. It’s green, that’s all that matters to me for St. Patrick’s Day – although I do like beer too. 😉 GORGEOUS photo!

March 11, 2017 at 10:49 pm

Lol, thanks for clarifying 😀 I wish my ancestors were as exotic as yours. Mine are all the same and boring. I don’t even have a middle name. 🙁 Thanks for stopping in!

Sarah @ TheFitCookie
    March 11, 2017 at 11:03 am

What a fun idea for St. Patrick’s Day! My husband loves fruity cocktails – I should make this for him this month!

March 11, 2017 at 10:41 pm

He’ll love this one, Sarah! And it’s so easy to make. I like it when there aren’t tons of ingredients 🙂

Wendy
    March 11, 2017 at 4:57 pm

I don’t mind beer once in awhile but I would much rather have one of these amazing martinis.

March 11, 2017 at 10:39 pm

I agree with you, Wendy. Beer is boring even when it’s green, lol!

March 12, 2017 at 9:18 am

Absolutely refreshing! Love the addition of mint and lime too. A toast to you! Wishing you a super Sunday! Just pinned.

March 12, 2017 at 6:04 pm

Thank you, Bobbi! Hope you had a relaxing weekend!

Beverly
    March 12, 2017 at 11:45 am

Oh, this looks tasty, Jas! We love making cocktails and are always looking for ideas. Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle. Pinning.

March 12, 2017 at 6:04 pm

Thank you, Beverly! Hope you like it 😀

Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond
    March 12, 2017 at 11:24 pm

I will have one thank you very much! Thanks for sharing with us at #OvertheMoon Link Party. I’ve pinned and shared.

March 13, 2017 at 3:49 pm

Thanks, Sue! 😀

Jenna @ A Savory Feast
    March 15, 2017 at 8:43 am

This green drink is so fun! I’m not into beer, so I’d much rather have a martini for St. Patrick’s Day.

March 15, 2017 at 9:57 pm

Thank you. Jenna! I’m a cocktail girl myself 🙂

March 15, 2017 at 10:53 am

Oh my oh my oh my – I want this!! Had to pin this dish! Thanks for sharing on the What’s for Dinner link up!

March 15, 2017 at 10:03 pm

Keri
    March 17, 2017 at 12:09 am

Jas, I’ve never been one for football either, and after watching that movie Concussion, I’m like yikes! Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful St. Patrick’s Day. 🙂

March 17, 2017 at 9:13 am

I know, right? Happy St. Paddy’s Day to you too, Keri!

Linda on Poinsettia Drive
    February 14, 2018 at 9:30 pm

I’m not Irish but I was born on St. Patrick’s Day! Looks and sounds delicious, I must share.

February 16, 2018 at 6:14 pm

That’s so cool. You can drink twice as much, ha! 🙂

Tracy Albiero
    February 15, 2018 at 8:19 pm

After the day I have had I need one of these!

February 16, 2018 at 6:18 pm

Oh no, sorry about your day. This sure will take the edge off. 😉

Linda Barnby | Hello Sweet Life
    February 15, 2018 at 9:36 pm

I love a good martini and this one looks so fresh – being green! I much prefer a martini to beer any day of the week. Looks delish!

February 16, 2018 at 6:19 pm

You’re my people, Linda! Me too 😀

Kaila (The Wanderlust Celiac)
    February 16, 2018 at 11:00 am

This looks delicious! I’m excited to maven from Valentine’s Day themed posts to St. Patrick’s day! Happy Fiesta Friday, and have a wonderful weekend. 🙂

February 16, 2018 at 6:20 pm

And then right over to Easter, right? LOL. Thanks, Kaila! TGIF

Leslie
    February 16, 2018 at 10:41 pm

This so makes me wish I could handle liquor better. At least it’s pretty to look at! Thanks so much for sharing at the #happynowlinkup!

February 17, 2018 at 3:10 pm

What do you sip on at your parties? 🙂

Sandra L Garth
    February 17, 2018 at 2:27 pm

Martini over beer for me and the opposite for the hubs. The first and only time I’ve had melon liqueur was in Vegas about 20 years ago. I liked the taste but just never thought of it much until now. I’m ready to try it again, thanks for the reminder. Cheers, and thank you for sharing with us at Celebrate Your Story, and have a great weekend.

February 17, 2018 at 3:22 pm

My husband is the same. More for us, right? 😉 Thanks for stopping in, Sandra!

Lynda Hardy
    February 19, 2018 at 8:30 am

Beautiful color! Thanks for sharing with Party in Your PJs!

February 19, 2018 at 11:33 am

Thanks, Lynda!

Lily
    February 19, 2018 at 12:49 pm

Those martinis look very tasty and festive for St Patty’s Day. Great photo btw and thanks for bringing to drinks to FF!

February 19, 2018 at 10:24 pm

Thanks so much, Lily! 🙂

April J Harris
    February 20, 2018 at 6:53 am

Pinning! What a fun St Patrick’s Day drink, Jas! I am a quarter Irish – my late father’s mom was from Belfast. So, I’m always looking for fun ways to celebrate St Patrick’s Day! Thank you for being a a part of the Hearth and Soul Link party. Hope to ‘see’ you again this week! Have a lovely week!

Your visits and your comments are greatly appreciated. I LOVE reading them, they motivate me to keep going and keep improving. If you have a question, please feel free to leave it here, email me, or message me on Facebook. Thank you so much for stopping by at All that's Jas, so let's talk :)