Disclosure: I received two free Mighty Mugs (not an affiliate) in exchange for including their giveaway link on the blog.
This seriously delicious and refreshing iced coffee will make you forget Starbucks this summer. Save big bucks by learning how to make a Greek Frappe at home.
Last week we saw Mamma Mia, my all time favorite musical, and my urge to visit Greece intensified. All I wanted to do is stroll around a small Greek village and sip on ice-cold classic frappes like the Greeks do.
Do you have a bucket list? You know that number 1 thing preventing us from achieving our goals on the list is money, right?
Even worse yet, we just wait to magically get rich before we cross off those items.
So I decided to start doing something about it because let’s face it, I’ll never get rich. I’m tightening the budget and putting the money into savings.
Because I REALLY do want to visit Greece and my friend Mary of The Boondocks Blog before she moves back to the States. I just haven’t told her yet 😉
Is Greece on your bucket list? Mary says the summers are too hot, but that wouldn’t bother me a bit.
So, instead of leaving my bucks at Starbucks, I’ll be making my own Greek frappe grande for a fraction of the cost. And with free refills, ha!
How To Make A Classic Greek Frappe and a Giveaway
To ensure it stays cold I got this awesome mug. Why is it awesome, you ask? Well, not only it will keep my beverage cold or hot, it also won’t spill. Yep, you heard that right! We pushed it, slapped, it, bumped it – it stayed upright! It’s magical!
Don’t believe me? Check out this short video of my daughter demonstrating it.
When my husband saw the Mighty Mug he said: “I’m impressed and I don’t easily get impressed with things.”
Giveaway closes in two weeks. Giveaway is now closed.
Classic Greek FrappeForget Starbucks. #Save big bucks by learning how to make a Greek #Frappe at home. Plus a… Click To Tweet
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2-4 teaspoons white sugar (your preference of sweetness)
- 2 tablespoons water (plus more to top off)
- Ice cubes
- Milk, heavy cream, condensed milk, or evaporated milk to taste (optional)
Take it to the next level and add a shot of Baileys , Kahlúa, or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Pour the water, coffee granules and sugar into a cocktail shaker or a mason jar with a thigh-fitting lid. Close the lid tightly and shake vigorously for 1-2 minutes until very foamy. Don’t skimp on this step!
- Fill a tall glass (or a Mighty Mug) half way with ice cubes. Pour the froth into the glass and slowly top off with cold water or milk. Enjoy while dreaming of sunny Greece!
Pin it: Classic Greek Frappe
Latest posts by Jas (see all)
- How To Lose 30 Pounds With UN Diet – The Ultimate Diet Plan - August 12, 2017
- The Best No Bake Tiramisu Cheesecake - August 8, 2017
- Karageorge Schnitzel – Serbian Famous Stuffed Cutlet Recipe - August 3, 2017