Even though I love Chipotle I don’t always want to spend the money on their menu. But with this copycat Chipotle burrito bowl recipe, I get the same taste for less money.
Coming up with a meal that everyone likes for our bi-weekly family Sunday dinners is not an easy task. We have picky eaters, dieters, and food allergies we have to take into consideration. I’m a people pleaser and whenever I feed someone I want them to be happy with my meal. It’s equally as important for my toddler grandkid as for my elderly parent to be pleased.
Besides, my family deserves to be spoiled!
And spoiled they feel when I make this copycat Chipotle burrito bowl recipe. Even the littlest ones keep coming for more. In other words, it’s a real crowd pleaser.
Now, don’t let the list of ingredients scare you because this recipe is super easy to make. You can even buy pre-cut vegetables if you don’t have time to chop them yourself.
The chipotle burrito sauce I shared a few weeks ago takes this bowl to a whole new level and the best part is that you can adjust the heat to your liking! You’ll fall in love with this easy recipe even if you don’t like cooking and your family will love you for it!
I adopted this recipe from Damn Delicious that absolutely made me drool over it.
How To Make Chipotle Burrito BowlCopycat #Chipotle #burrito bowl recipe. A crowd favorite, delicious meal is so easy to make… Click To Tweet
For the meat
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
For the rice
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup salsa
For the toppings
- 3 cups chopped iceberg or Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup orange bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 1-2 avocado, sliced or diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Chipotle burrito sauce (recipe)
~ Free Tip ~
Substitute all spices for the meat with a package of taco seasoning. Use grilled chicken instead of ground beef. Omit meat for a vegetarian version but increase the amount of toppings. Top with guacamole instead of chopped avocado. Use sour cream instead of Chipotle burrito sauce (but the sauce is seriously yummy!)
For the meat
- In a large non-stick or cast-iron skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until translucent, then add the ground beef. Cook, stirring often and breaking te meat into small pieces until the meat is cooked through, 5-8 minutes.
- Take the skillet off the heat and drain any excess grease, it needed.
- Return the skillet to the heat and stir in garlic, cumin, chili, oregano, coriander, salt, and pepper.
- Add the tomato sauce and simmer the mixture for additional 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
For the rice
- Cook rice according to the package directions. Let cool.
- Next, stir in salsa.
- Divide rice mixture into serving bowls.
- Arrange toppings over the rice.
- Drizzle with lime juice and chipotle sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Pin It: How to Make Chipotle Burrito Bowl
Latest posts by Jas (see all)
- Baklava Ice Cream in Fillo Cups - August 17, 2017
- How To Lose 30 Pounds With UN Diet – The Ultimate Diet Plan - August 12, 2017
- The Best No Bake Tiramisu Cheesecake - August 8, 2017