Winter is still in full force here in Northern Indiana and the only good thing about winter is…well, nothing. I do love the first snowfall though; it gets me excited about everything the season brings except the fact that the season lasts 5-6 months.
If you’re lucky enough and don’t have to deal with harsh winters but still need a little pick-me-up, to take the edge off, to warm up, and occasionally de-sniffle try this Hot Toddy. The recipe is more than simple.
I borrowed this from a friend- it describes our winters so well and I can’t help but chuckle.
Serves 2 (1/2 cup each)
1/2 cup spiced Rum or Bourbon
1/2 cup Water
2 tablespoons Honey
2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
small paring of Lemon Zest
2 whole Cloves
In a small pot, heat all ingredients over medium-high heat until hot. Do not boil. Remove the cloves and lemon zest before serving. A warm blanket and a good movie highly recommended 🙂
What is your go-to remedy? My other favorite one is Mexican Hot Chocolate.
- 1/2 cup spiced Rum or Bourbon
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- small paring of Lemon Zest
- 2 whole Cloves
- In a small pot, heat all ingredients over medium-high heat until hot.
- Do not boil.
- Remove the cloves and lemon zest before serving.
Looking forward to connecting to you soon.
If you would like updates of all my posts, visit my All that’s Jas Facebook page.
Latest posts by Jas (see all)
- Parmesan and Sesame Buttermilk Biscuits - April 16, 2019
- Spicy Marinated Brussels Sprouts - April 9, 2019
- Spaghetti with Veracruz Sauce – Espagueti en Salsa Veracruzana - April 2, 2019