At times when I don’t have the time or desire to cook it’s easy to order pizza. At those times I also promise myself not to eat more than one pizza slice. I, here, shamelessly admit being that person that breaks promises [mostly to herself].
This naan pizza is as easy to cook as it is to make a phone call and much better for you. Naan is an oven-baked flatbread. The size is just right, not too small or too big; yields no broken promises.
You can play with toppings of your choice. It’s a great way to use leftover veggies and meat cuts from the refrigerator. I like to go light on the sauce and heavy on the cheese. I also like to use Ketchup for the sauce which is European style [not as weird as you might think].
If you are feeling rather adventurous, check out this old recipe for German-style flammkuchen pizza. These are ingredients I had on hand for this naan pizza:
1 package of 2 Naan
2 tablespoons Ketchup or pizza sauce, divided
1 cup sliced Mushrooms, divided
1 cup chopped Ham, divided
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, divided
1 teaspoon Oregano, divided
Fresh Basil leaves
Few Cherry Tomatoes
Salt and Pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Lay the naan on pizza stone or baking sheet. Spread ketchup or pizza sauce over the naan, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and then sprinkle each with half of the mozzarella cheese. Top with other ingredients and Parmesan cheese. Bake pizza for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
Trust me, you’ll think twice before picking up the phone to order pizza again.
- Serves 2
- 1 package of 2 Naan
- 2 tablespoons Ketchup or pizza sauce divided
- 1 cup sliced Mushrooms divided (any topping of your choice!)
- 1 cup chopped Ham divided
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese divided
- 1 teaspoon Oregano divided
- Fresh Basil leaves
- Few Cherry Tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Lay the naan on pizza stone or baking sheet. Spread ketchup or pizza sauce over the naan, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and then sprinkle each with half of the mozzarella cheese. Top with other ingredients and Parmesan cheese. Bake pizza for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
Looking forward to connecting to you soon.
For more quick recipes and tips follow my All that’s Jas Facebook page
Latest posts by Jas (see all)
- The Ultimate Guide to Cast Iron Care - February 11, 2020
- Roasted Cauliflower with Gastrique Sauce [Copycat Recipe] - February 4, 2020
- Jägerkohl – German Hunter Cabbage Stew - January 28, 2020