Venetian Crab Sandwich – tramezzino al granchio
Get a taste of Italy with these soft triangular bread pockets stuffed with crabmeat mixture seasoned to perfection.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 8 triangles
- Makes 8 triangles
- 2 6 oz. cans Lump Crabmeat, drained
- ½ cup shredded Carrots
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Ketchup
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon prepared Horseradish
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce add more if you like it spicy
- Pinch of Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 8 slices of soft white Bread crust removed
- 2 hard-boiled Eggs sliced
- 1 cup baby Spinach
- 1 large Tomato sliced
Drain the crabmeat and lightly squeeze with paper towels to remove excess moisture. In a medium bowl combine the first 14 ingredients.
Assemble the sandwiches by spreading four slices of bread with the crab mixture. Cover with spinach leaves, tomato, and egg slices.
Spread the other four slices of bread with a thin layer of mayo and place over the slices with crab mixture. Press bread edges to seal.
Cover with clear wrap and refrigerate for 15-30 minutes. Cut the sandwiches into triangles and serve.