Baked Fruit and a TV show
A combination of fruit and nuts that goes great warm or cold by itself or paired up with vanilla ice cream.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- Mixed ripe fruit:
- 1-2 Peaches or Nectarines
- 1 large Pear
- 4-5 Italian Prune Plums or 2 regular black plums
- 4-5 fresh Figs
- 1 cup Blueberries
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 3 tablespoons Pistachio chopped
- 3 tablespoons Walnuts chopped
- 2 tablespoons Pine nuts or chopped Hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- a pinch of Nutmeg
- 1-2 whole Cloves optional
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Sugar or regular sugar + 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Wash the fruit, remove pits and cut into halves or quarters. Score an x into figs. Place the fruit on an 8” baking dish arranging plums and figs upright. Sprinkle with lemon juice and sugar if fruit is not quite ripe. Add cloves and bake for 10-15 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add honey, cinnamon and nutmeg. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring until the sauce thickens into caramel consistency. Pour over baked fruit, top with nuts and vanilla sugar and bake additional 5 minutes.
Serve warm over ice cream or alone.