Steak and Mushroom Mini Quesadillas Recipe
These Mexican steak and mushroom mini quesadillas fit perfectly in your hand, are kid-approved, and are great for parties or for a quick meal.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- ½ pound top sirloin steak trimmed and very thinly sliced
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 8-ounce container baby bella mushrooms (cremini), sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 10 4-inch flour or whole-wheat tortillas
- Salsa of choice
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add steak, season with salt and pepper and cook for 3-5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Place steak in a bowl.
Add butter to the skillet. When melted, add garlic and mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms brown and liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally. Add cooked mushrooms to steak and toss to combine.
Wipe the skillet clean with paper towels. Reduce heat to medium.
Sprinkle about 2 teaspoons of cheese evenly over half of each tortilla. Divide steak mixture evenly among tortillas and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Fold tortillas in half over filling.
Carefully coat both sides of quesadillas with cooking spray. Cook quesadillas 1-2 minutes on each side or until browned and cheese melts. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. Cut each into two wedges or leave whole. Serve with salsa.
~ Free Tip ~
- You can use flank or skirt steak. Chicken and thick sliced deli roast beef work great also, as do any leftover meats.
- Replace small tortillas with 4 8-inch tortillas and cut each into 4 wedges.
- Prepare the steak on a grill and then slice it and cook quesadillas on a griddle.