Bonefish Copycat Chickpeas Recipe
This delicious gluten-free recipe for copycat Bonefish chickpeas is great for brunch as it is for dinner.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 15 ½ - 19 oz. can chickpeas, drained
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 to mato diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1 bunch spinach a handful
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a cast-iron or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, tomato, and basil and sauté until softened, about 20 minutes.
Stir in spinach and cook another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
~ Free Tip ~
- Use Swiss chard instead of spinach.
- Substitute fresh basil with 1 teaspoon dried.
- To make this a quick and easy main dish, sauté pork or chorizo sausage with onions until no longer pink before adding chickpeas and spinach. Like all legumes, it tastes even better the next day!
Calories: 79kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 113mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 5.6% | Vitamin C: 7.6% | Calcium: 0.9% | Iron: 0.8%