Grilled Shrimp Kebabs - Low Country Boil Recipe
Grilled shrimp kebabs, aka low country boil, are easy and as good for a weeknight supper as they are for a date night or a holiday celebration.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1/2 pound large raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 8 baby new potatoes
- 1/2 pound about 2 andouille sausages, cut into 1-inch rounds
- 2 small ears corn
- Green onions optional, cut 2-3 inches long
- ½ stick butter melted
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce increase per taste
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
Boil potatoes in salted water for about 12-15 minutes. Add the corn in the last 5 minutes. Not only it is easier to get them onto skewers (I recommend using the metal ones, but if you’re using the wooden skewers, this step is even more important) but the cooking time differs and you don’t want undercooked corn. Rinse with cold water.
Cut corn into 1 ½ inch rounds. Thread potatoes, corn, shrimp, and sausage, and green onions onto skewers.
Lightly oil grill (an indoor griddle works well too) and heat to medium-high. Melt the butter and combine with Tabasco and Old Bay seasoning.
Grill kebabs brushing with butter mixture occasionally and turning until the shrimp are cooked through about 8-10 minutes.
~ Free Tip ~
- If you can’t find andouille sausages, use any smoked sausage or kielbasa you have available.
- Do not use pre-cooked shrimp, it will turn into rubber! If the shrimp are frozen, defrost them first.
- If you're using wooden skewers, soak them in water for a minimum of 30 minutes before using them so you don't lose part of skewers to the flames.