Polish Mizeria Salad with Cucumber and Sour Cream
You will love how this simple and refreshing Polish cucumber salad complements almost any meal and how easy it comes together!
Servings 4 - 6
- 1 large English (seedless) cucumber
- 2 radishes optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh dill to garnish
- This salad is best if served shortly after you make it. It's such a quick dish to make, but if you wish, you can draw water out of the cucumber ahead of time, and only mix it with the dressing right before serving.
- You will have the best results with English cucumber (see tips above), but if it's not available or you grow cucumbers in your garden, by all means, use those.
- For variations, you can add sliced onions, a pinch of sugar, substitute sour cream with yogurt or oil, and use chopped chives, parsley or mint.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container and use by the next day.
Calories: 67kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 316mg | Potassium: 151mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 260IU | Vitamin C: 2.6mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 0.3mg