Stovetop Spanish Pasta Frittata
An easy stovetop dish, this Spanish pasta frittata with mushrooms and spinach is a great solution for a fast vegetarian comfort meal.
- 8 oz uncooked farfalle pasta
- 4 tablespoons oil or butter
- 6 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 cups spinach
- 5 eggs
- 5 tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley leaves
TIP: wear the oven mittens and flip your hot skillet very carefully, holding the plate tight against it.
- It is highly recommended to use a non-stick skillet, like a cast iron (which you notice I use for almost everything) or this covered casserole used for this recipe. Make sure to heat the skillet before adding the oil and add the rest of the ingredients when the oil is hot to prevent sticking.
- Don't have a lid for your skillet? Cover it with aluminum foil. You just want to steam the eggs until the desired doneness. Alternatively, you can place the skillet in the oven to finish the cooking of the eggs. However, who wants to turn on the oven in the summer, amirite? Stovetop meals are the best!
- Feel free to add meat if you like [bacon would be my first choice]. Frittatas are a great way to use up any leftovers.
- Not a fan of 'shrooms? Use asparagus, peppers, zucchini, or peas. Make sure to adjust the cooking time for each vegetable.
- I think adding some shredded cheese such as cheddar to the top of the hot frittata would be an excellent addition too, not just for the flavor but color as well.
- I think this frittata is more appealing when it's nicely browned (or top with cheese as suggested above). To brown both sides of frittata, you'll need to flip it over. Gently shake the skillet to loosen the frittata or use a rubber spatula to lift it. Place a large plate upside down on the top of the skillet and flip the frittata into the plate. Then slide the frittata back into the skillet and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Calories: 442kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 206mg | Sodium: 116mg | Potassium: 530mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3140IU | Vitamin C: 9.6mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 2.7mg