Amazing German Green Bean Salad
Amazing German green bean salad with fresh beans, tomatoes, and boiled eggs then tossed with garlic balsamic vinaigrette is an effortless vegetarian dish made in 15 minutes and a summer favorite!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 pound fresh green or yellow wax beans or both for color
- 12 oz cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 small shallot chopped or sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ tablespoon mustard optional - I forgot to add it and it was still so delicious
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
Bring a large pot of salt water to a boil.
In the meantime wash the green beans briefly and, if desired, break the ends.
Once the water boils, add the green beans and reduce the temperature (the water should only simmer). Blanch beans for 5 minutes.
Drain green beans and place in a large bowl or a serving platter
. Add the cherry tomatoes and eggs.
In a small bowl, combine together the shallot, garlic, mustard (if using), salt, pepper, and vinegar. Whisk in olive oil.
Pour over bean mixture. Sprinkle the bean salad with some fresh basil.
~ Free Tip ~
Serve with crusty bread for a complete meal. Top with crispy bacon. Saute shallot and garlic, then add blanched beans and dressing for a different flavor. Serve as an accompaniment to meat dishes.