The Best Crusted Salmon Recipe
The crispy, smoky, and slightly spicy crust matches the soft, flaky salmon flesh perfectly. It's hands-down the best recipe for a crusted salmon.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 pounds Atlantic salmon fillet whole or 4 individual pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or more
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika plus more for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Italian style croutons
- fresh parsley for garnish optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Rinse salmon with cold water and pat dry with paper towel. Place skin side down in a baking dish greased with olive oil.
In a small bowl combine all ingredients except the croutons. Spread evenly over the salmon.
Crush croutons leaving some bigger pieces for the texture. This is done easily by placing croutons in a Ziploc bag and hitting it a few times with a meat mallet or use a rolling pin.
Sprinkle the croutons evenly over the mayo mixture. Dust with more smoked paprika.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bread crumbs get toasty and salmon easily flakes with a fork.
Garnish with parsley if desired.
~ Free Tip ~
- Don't substitute smoked paprika with the regular one, it will lack on flavor.
- Serve with a side of rice and broccoli or another favorite vegetable.
- This is a perfect dish to entertain your guest, to serve on holidays or your weeknight dinner.
Calories: 616kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 748mg | Potassium: 1143mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 440IU | Calcium: 146mg | Iron: 2.9mg