Mini Spaghetti Nests and Italian Meatballs Appetizer
Perfectly satisfying little bites made with creamy Alfredo pasta and Italian-style meatballs.
- 1 pound angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti
- 1 jar your favorite Alfredo sauce (15 oz.)
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 jar Marinara sauce (we like Rao's) (about 24 oz.)
- 1 bag small bag fully cooked frozen mini Italian-style meatballs 1/2 oz. per each meatball
- Optional: shredded Parmesan and fresh basil to garnish
Cook 1 pound angel hair pasta al dente according to the package directions. Drain and mix with one jar Alfredo sauce and 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese.
While pasta is cooking, heat the marinara sauce and meatballs until meatballs are no longer frozen and are heated through. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease two mini muffin tins (or work in two batches using one) with cooking spray.
Fill each of the holes with Alfredo pasta using a fork to twirl it. Press down on the top to create the nest, adding more pasta if necessary. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining cup of Mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes on the middle oven rack. Remove the nests to cool. Carefully remove the nests from the muffin tin.
Assemble meatballs on top of the nests using toothpicks to secure, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garnish with fresh basil if desired. Enjoy!
- Thin spaghetti or angel hair pasta for the nests, as I used here, is better than regular spaghetti which is too bulky for the mini muffin/cupcake tin.
- To make the nests, swirl spaghetti with a fork and release into the muffin hole; press down on the top to make an indent.
- Let the nests cool at least 20 minutes before removing them from the muffin tin, otherwise, they might fall apart.
- You can half the recipe to make 24 nests. This works best for smaller gatherings and when you have heaps of other food. Just know that they are super addictive and go first and fast. :)
Calories: 107kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 175mg | Potassium: 112mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 93IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg