Pork Medallions with Bacon and Macadamia - All that's Jas

Pork Medallions with Bacon and Macadamia

Pork Medallions with Bacon and Macadamia - All that's Jas

I’m an insanely visual person and you have to be really careful what you say in front of me. I’m wired differently, just ask my husband. I’m ashamed to tell you what went through my head when I described this pork medallions with bacon and macadamia recipe to my friend and she said: “oh, pork on pork!”

Watch your mouth, young lady! ๐Ÿ™‚

I got this recipe from a German Koch & Back Ideen magazine, 2009 edition. I’ve been living in the states since 1998, so I’m not even sure how I got my hands on it. The magazine features Christmas recipes but why not make festive meals more often?

Serves 4

1 1/2 pounds Pork Tenderloin
12 Bacon slices
4 tablespoon Butter, softened
1 cup Macadamia Nuts, divided
4 tablespoon Breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon chopped fresh Thyme
2 tablespoons Oil
2/3 cup Heavy Cream
ยฝ cup Vegetable Broth
2 tablespoons Capers
Salt and Pepper

Place ยฝ cup macadamia nuts in a food processor or blender. Cover and process with on/off turns just until crumbly. Chop the other ยฝ cup of nuts coarsely. In a small mixing bowl, combine ground and chopped macadamia nuts; add thyme, butter, and breadcrumbs. Season the mixture with salt and pepper; set aside.

Rinse tenderloin and pat dry with paper towels. Trim and cut into 12 medallions, about 1- inch thick. Wrap each medallion with a slice of bacon. Secure with toothpicks.

Pork Medallions with Bacon and Macadamia - All that's Jas

Heat a large frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and swirl it around; it should kind of dance in the skillet. Add medallions and sear for 6 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat.

Preheat oven to 395 degrees Fahrenheit. Transfer medallions to a greased baking sheet. Spread macadamia mixture evenly over medallions. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest, tented with foil, for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove toothpicks.

Deglaze the pan with the heavy cream and broth, scraping up the browned bits. Add capers and simmer until sauce starts to thicken, 3-5 minutes. Serve medallions over the sauce.

Pork Medallions with Bacon and Macadamia - All that's Jas

Pork Medallions with Bacon and Macadamia - All that's Jas

Pork Medallions with Bacon and Macadamia

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 12

Pork Medallions with Bacon and Macadamia

With a crispy exterior and tender interior, full of flavor and texture, this dish is dressed to impress!

• 1 ยฝ pounds Pork Tenderloin
  • 12 Bacon slices
  • 4 tablespoon Butter, softened
  • 1 cup Macadamia Nuts, divided
  • 4 tablespoon Breadcrumbs
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Thyme
  • 2 tablespoons Oil
  • 2/3 cup Heavy Cream
  • ยฝ cup Vegetable Broth
  • 2 tablespoons Capers
  • Salt and Pepper

Notes

Serve with mashed potatoes or rice and vegetables of your choice

Looking forward to connecting with you soon.

For more quick recipes and tips followย myย All that’s Jas Facebook pageย or social networkย of yourย preference. It makes my day ๐Ÿ™‚

Jas is a cheesecake addict and the author of the Balkan Comfort Food cookbook available on Amazon. You can download a free excerpt of the book when you subscribe to All that's Jas newsletter updates. To learn more about Jas visit her About page.

1. […] or simply check back when you get a chance. No pressure. If you can’t wait, serve them with pork medallions or chicken, salad greens, or whatever tickles you […]

2. […] color in my food photography. It complements most (read boring, colorless) dishes well, like in this pork medallions recipe orย  easy ravioli […]

stephanie
    June 1, 2015 at 7:19 pm

What a beautiful dish! Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! Your recipe has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Please join us again this week!

June 2, 2015 at 9:03 am

Thanks, Stephanie! XO

mmgmom
    June 1, 2015 at 3:14 pm

This looks so yummy. I can’t wait to make these for my family. Thanks so much for linking up this week at #HomeMattersParty. Can’t wait to see what you link up next week.

June 2, 2015 at 9:00 am

I hope you’ll make it. It won’t disappoint you, I promise. Thank you for stopping by!

Christine
    June 1, 2015 at 9:31 am

For me, it’s really the capers that put this over the top and right onto my “to make” list. Visiting from Home Matters link up. Great meeting you.

June 2, 2015 at 8:52 am

I love capers too, Christine! Thanks for visiting ๐Ÿ™‚

Christine
        June 2, 2015 at 9:09 am

BTW I totally made this last night. So delicious. Reminded me of something my mom would’ve made when I was growing up. My kids are pretty picky. One loved it and the other didn’t complain (this is very good!)

June 2, 2015 at 11:21 am

I’m so glad you did! (*jumping up and down) If kids didn’t complain it’s a huge compliment ๐Ÿ˜€ Thanks for giving it a try!!! Hugs

Joanne T Ferguson
    May 31, 2015 at 2:19 am

These still look absolutely delicious Jas and thanks for sharing at the Say G’day Party! All of your submissions pinned this week! Thanks for your support and look forward to seeing you next week!

May 31, 2015 at 9:36 am

You are very kind, Joanne! Thank you ๐Ÿ˜€

Holly
    May 28, 2015 at 12:30 am

Thank you for sharing at Waiting on…Wednesday!

May 28, 2015 at 9:19 am

See you next week!

Love Keil (MunchkinTime)
    May 25, 2015 at 11:49 am

OMG your Pork Medallions with Bacon and Macadamia looks amazingly good! Pinning it!
    I love your photography from composition to lighting and little details that you use! Can I ask you a question? I am a food blogger and I was wondering how long does it usually takes you to take food pictures per dish?

May 25, 2015 at 7:07 pm

Oh, that is so sweet of you! Thank you for the compliments; I’m always unsure of the quality and never really happy. I have never timed myself, but I would say from setting up to the end it takes me between 30 to 60 minutes, depending on the dish. I take between 50 and 150 photos but only end up using 5-6, sometimes less. That shows that I am in no way trained in what I’m doing, but I try my best. It is very time-consuming. I have made this dish 3 times in the last 5 months before I was satisfied with the photos. Hope this answers your question. Thanks for stopping by! XO

Thalia @ butter and brioche
    May 25, 2015 at 3:52 am

These pork medallions look divine! Macadamias have to be one of my favourite nuts to eat and use in cooking.. so I must try this recipe out.

May 25, 2015 at 7:09 pm

Thanks, Thalia! I favor macadamia nuts too ๐Ÿ™‚

Joanne T Ferguson
    May 24, 2015 at 3:22 am

These look absolutely delicious Jas! Pinned and shared!
    #ibabloggers

May 24, 2015 at 9:18 pm

Thanks bunches, Joanne!

Jasna
    May 23, 2015 at 6:09 pm

Georgeous looking dish; all credits to your photos. Macadamias are my favourite nuts.

May 24, 2015 at 9:18 pm

Thank you, Jasna! Hazelnuts and macadamia are my favorite too!