Infused Water for hydration and detox

Infused Water for hydration and detox

No, I won’t give you all the reasons why you should drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day. You know why it’s important to keep hydrated. (I can hear my daughter’s voice saying: “I’ve been telling you that for years!”)

I know, trust me, yet I could barely manage to finish a 16-ounce bottle of water in a day, sometimes even in two days. Definitely far below the recommended measure, but I could only drink water when thirsty. Sweetened drinks are not my thing, besides, sugar is not healthy. At restaurants, I only order water with lemon unless I’m in a mood for a glass of martini like the lemon lavender martini, which is my favorite.

I’d look at friends with a water jug the size of their heads and wonder how they can drink so much. I tried to force that much liquid down my throat to no avail.

To cut to the chase, I jumped on a infused water bandwagon to give it a try. First, I only added lemon and soon some strawberries. I loved the flavor, but my strawberries would go bad in the fridge before I would use them up. So, a smart cookie that I am, I froze them. You’ll say: Jas, you didn’t invent the warm water. And I’ll say: No, I didn’t. I didn’t invent infused water either, I’m merely sharing what helps me keep hydrated and if you are struggling with that 2-liter a day water intake, perhaps this can help you too.

There’s no recipe per say. I freeze my fruit and put it in a reusable water bottle (for on-the-go). Fill with water. Drink. Repeat. You can get a bottle with infuser. It keeps seeds and pulp controlled to some degree. I don’t use the infuser bottle because I eat my fruit after a second or third refill of water, depending on how quick I drink it.

If you’re more detail oriented and like to follow a recipe, here’s how I did it:

Lemon
Strawberries
Blackberries
Raspberries
Blueberries
Apples
Cucumber

Rinse fruit and dry on paper towel. Slice large fruit so that it fits through the opening of your bottle, mason jar or whatever you’re using  Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper. Spread cut fruit in a single layer over the sheet. This prevents fruit from freezing together in a big clump. Place the sheet with fruit in a freezer for 15-30 minutes. Transfer frozen fruit into Ziploc bags.

Add ½ cup of frozen fruit to your glass or bottle. Top with ice water. Frozen fruit will keep your water cool longer. Of course, you can use any fruit you like. I’m thinking pineapples, oranges, lime, grapes and some mint or ginger next time, to switch it up. It’s a wonderful detox.

Enjoy this healthy water! And remember, proper hydrating is important!

Infused Water for hydration and detox

Infused Water for hydration and detox

Infused Water for hydration and detox

Infused Water for hydration and detox

Infused Water for hydration and detox

Add frozen fruit to your water for quick, easy, and healthy hydration and detox.

• Lemon
  • Strawberries
  • Blackberries
  • Raspberries
  • Blueberries
  • Apples
  • Cucumber

Rinse fruit and dry on paper towel. Cut larger fruit so that it fits through your reusable water bottle opening. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper. Spread cut fruit in a single layer over the sheet. This prevents fruit from freezing together in a big clump. Place the sheet with fruit in a freezer for 15-30 minutes. Transfer frozen fruit into Ziploc bags.

Add ½ cup of frozen fruit to your glass or bottle. Top with ice water. Frozen fruit will keep your water cool longer. Of course, you can use any fruit you like. I'm thinking oranges and some ginger next time.

This recipe featured at Talented Tuesday , 10healthy, and City of Links

Looking forward to connecting with you soon.

For more quick recipes and tips follow my All that’s Jas Facebook page or social network of your preference. It makes my day 🙂

Jas is a cheesecake addict and the author of the Balkan Comfort Food cookbook available on Amazon. You can download a free excerpt of the book when you subscribe to All that's Jas newsletter updates. To learn more about Jas visit her About page.

32 thoughts on “Infused Water for hydration and detox

1. Pingback: 22 Detox Water Recipes To Give Your Body A Natural Cleanse

2. Pingback: 10 Refreshing Fruit Infused Waters To Rejuvenate Your Body

3. Jerusha

Infused water is so delicious, but I never make water that looks as gorgeous as yours! I need to get to work I think! LoL! – Jerusha, TheDisneyChef.com

• allthatsjas Post author

Oh, what a compliment! Thank you, Jerusha. I wish my late uncle could see this. When I was young I prepared a nice meal for my aunt and uncle. He was so surprised that I could cook and told me that he thought I would even burn water. Thanks a lot (insert insulting name here)! LOL. Hope you have a wonderful weekend! 🙂

4. Sherry

This looks so tasty and healthy. Pinned and stumbled! Thanks for linking up and sharing with us at Funtastic Friday. Hope you join us again this week:-)

5. Holly

I definitely need to drink more water – this just might help! Thank you for sharing at Waiting on…Wednesday! Hope you’ll link up again tomorrow!

6. Aspen Jay

I used to be really diligent about drinking enough water every day but my good habit has fallen by the wayside. I have put lemons in my water but haven’t thought about adding other fruits, thanks for the idea! Perhaps I’ll get back into my habit. 🙂 Thanks for sharing at the TALENTED TUESDAY link party!

• allthatsjas Post author

I hope you do! I get easily bored with the same flavor, so I switch it up – sometimes it’s just a lemon water, other times I add berries. I also love peaches or pineapples. Combinations are endless 🙂

7. Lou Lou Girls

I’m in love with this! Thank you for sharing this with us! Pinned and tweeted! I hope to see you at tonight’s party. We are always so impressed with your creations and can’t wait to see them! Lou Lou Girls

8. Life With Lorelai

Not only is water good for you, these infused waters taste great…and they are SO PRETTY too! Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty – we love partying with you! Hope to see you next Friday. 🙂

~Lorelai
    Life With Lorelai

9. Pingback: Sunday Links - Domestic CharmDomestic Charm

• allthatsjas Post author

Hi, Jenni! Yeah, I really hate wasting food and I never have luck with berries lasting longer than a day or two. Even when I buy them the half of a package is already bad. I think I should start finding farms that offer berry picking and then freeze them. It would be much more affordable. Thanks for stopping in!

10. Jennifer

I’ve been into infused water lately and this combination sounds great. I love the idea of using the frozen fruit as ice cubes!

Once again, thanks for linking up your post on the Weekend Blog Hop at My Flagstaff Home!

Jennifer

• allthatsjas Post author

It’s one of those things when you see people using something, and it doesn’t interest you until it hits you in the head and you think it’s your idea, lol. Have a great weekend!

11. Jenna Brussee (@aSavoryFeast)

I love making fruit infused water! I have a cool water bottle with a special basket to put the fruit/veggies in. Cucumber is one of my favorite things to add. Berries are always yummy, too. Thanks for sharing your ideas with The Wednesday Showcase! Your pictures are so pretty.

• allthatsjas Post author

Thanks, Pam. It really is. I’m easily drinking my eight 8-ounce glass and feel much better. The only downfall is – a constant run to the little girl’s room, lol.

• allthatsjas Post author

Hi, Bobbi! Thank you 🙂 Yes, I always shoot both in the raw and jpeg. The lighting was just perfect, I guess. My photos are usually blurry (unlike yours), mostly due to my laziness (and lack of time) to set up a tripod. I’d like to get a better camera too, but if I mention it to my husband I fear he’d kick me out of the house, lol. This hobby is already so expensive and it’s not bringing any income. :/

• allthatsjas Post author

Lol, I hear you. I bought an external hard drive just to store my photos. But as you know, we take hundreds of photos and only use a few. Same goes for my other, creative, photography. Just when I clean up one folder, I take gazillion more pictures and it is a never-ending project of cleaning up my hard drive 🙂

• allthatsjas Post author

Thao, I like my water at room temperature too. If it’s too cold I can’t drink it no matter how thirsty I am. Frozen fruit gets it just perfect! Hope you try it. Thanks for stopping in 🙂