Need a fresh summer meal that comes together quickly? This beautiful chickpea salad brings all the fresh flavors to your table. Fresh vegetables, herbs, and a light dressing make this gluten-free and vegan dish a must try!
Standing behind a stove in the heat of summer is the last thing I want to do but I still want a wholesome meal that will fill me up. This fresh chickpea salad is a great choice for lunch and it’s extremely healthy. Furthermore, it’s an excellent source of protein, so if you’re a vegan or vegetarian you’re in luck.
I took this salad to lunch and my co-workers thought it looked and smelled so good, they didn’t leave me alone until I shared some of the salad with them. They loved it! But there was almost nothing left for me. Sheesh.
The other great thing about this salad is that it can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days and it will taste just as great, but trust me it won’t last that long. If you’re not a fan of chickpeas try similar, but equally delicious quinoa salad.
Quick and Easy Vegan Chickpea SaladDelicious and fresh #gluten-free, #vegan #chickpea #salad is a perfect light dinner for hot… Click To Tweet
- 1 can (19 oz) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 3 green onions (white and green parts), sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
~Free Tip ~
Use dried herbs instead of fresh but cut the amount in half. You can use cherry tomatoes instead of regular.
If you’re not vegan, add 1/2 cup feta cheese to the salad.
- Start by draining and rinsing a can of chickpeas, then place them in a large bowl.
- Add chopped vegetables and herbs to the bowl.
- Next, whisk olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper and add to the bowl. Toss everything well to coat.
Pin It: Quick and Easy Vegan Chickpea Salad