Tzatziki Sauce

Tzatziki Sauce | All that's Jas

Refreshing tzatziki sauce perfect for your summer BBQ

Looking for a fresh taste this BBQ season? This Greek tzatziki sauce is absolutely delicious and super easy to make. With just a few ingredients and in about 10 minutes you have a tasty appetizer that everyone loves!

What I like the most about this creamy cucumber sauce is that it is a perfect side to go with grilled meats, fresh vegetables, pita bread or chips and crackers. It’s a dip, it’s a condiment, it’s a sauce and it’s a salad too!

Even more:

Dilute with cold water and you have a chilled cucumber soup.

How to Make Tzatziki Sauce

Ingredients for tzatziki sauce

• 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
  • ½ cup sour cream
  • 1 small English cucumber, peeled (optional) and grated
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • Juice of half a lemon
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
  • Salt and black pepper to taste

1. Place grated cucumber in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let stand 15 minutes. Gently squeeze cucumbers to drain the juices.
  2. With a whisk, blend yogurt with sour cream and olive oil. Add cucumbers, lemon juice, garlic, and dill. Mix until combined.
  3. Add salt and pepper to taste or use All Purpose Greek Seasoning to season the sauce.
  4. Chill and garnish with a sprig of fresh dill just before serving. Enjoy!

How to make Greek tzatziki sauce

Refreshing tzatziki sauce, dip, condiment, or a salad.

Tzatziki Sauce

Tzatziki Sauce

Delicious Greek sauce made with yogurt, cucumber, garlic, and dill is easy and quick to make and makes best summer BBQ condiment.

• 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
  • ½ cup sour cream
  • 1 small English cucumber, peeled (optional) and grated
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • Juice of half a lemon
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
  • Salt and black pepper to taste

Chill and garnish with a sprig of fresh dill just before serving. Enjoy!

Pin it: How to Make Tzatziki Sauce

Teresa
    July 14, 2017 at 11:39 pm

This is such a delicious sauce! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at the #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty!

July 16, 2017 at 8:25 pm

Thank you, Teresa!

Carol ("Mimi")
    July 10, 2017 at 4:59 pm

We fell in love with this stuff on a trip to the Greek islands 3 years ago. But, we had trouble pronouncing it, and we certainly did not learn to spell it correctly. Kudos to you! Thank you for linking up at #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty. I’m sharing your link on social media.
    Carol (“Mimi”) from Home with Mimi
    Carol (“Mimi”) recently posted…Summer Container Flowers UpdateMy Profile

July 12, 2017 at 4:33 pm

Ha, ha, Carol! I remember having troubles pronouncing it the first time I had it, some 20+ years ago at a Greek restaurant in Germany. But then it became so popular served over gyros by the street vendors that we had it often and learned quickly how to spell it as well. 🙂

Helen Adams
    July 8, 2017 at 11:19 am

This is a great sauce, I just pinned it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday, have a great weekend and come back soon!
    Helen Adams recently posted…Whats For Dinner Next Week 7-9-17My Profile

July 10, 2017 at 8:47 am

Thank you! Have a great week.

kristin mccarthy
    July 5, 2017 at 11:04 pm

This is one of my favorite things. I could seriously put it on anything. My favorite is when i pair it with lamb meatloaf. ah-mazing,

#bestandworst

July 7, 2017 at 1:59 pm

I love lamb but have yet to try lamb meatloaf. Sounds divine! Thanks for the tip, Kristin!

Christina Makri
    July 5, 2017 at 3:42 pm

On behalf of Greek people I thank you for sharing this recipe 🙂 Instead of using lemon you can add some drops of Greek Ouzo and you have a whole different taste… this is what I use if I want to impressive my guests 🙂
    Christina Makri recently posted…Πέτρινο ανθοδοχείοMy Profile

July 7, 2017 at 1:55 pm

Christina, on behalf of all people who like tzatziki I thank you for this tip! I will be definitely making it with Ouzo from now on. I’m just afraid I won’t be willing to share it with anyone, lol 😀

Nicole
    July 4, 2017 at 6:24 pm

This tsatziki sauce recipe looks so delicious! Great dip for summertime, too. Thanks for sharing your recipe at the #HomeMattersParty this week.

July 4, 2017 at 9:25 pm

Thank you, Nicole! Have a great week!

Rhonda
    July 4, 2017 at 11:40 am

This sounds refreshing, and a great addition to a summer BBQ. I love that it can be used as a dip, condiment or on crackers. Thanks for sharing on Sunday’s Best.
    Rhonda recently posted…Thrift Store Find – Hand Carved Teak BowlsMy Profile

July 4, 2017 at 3:51 pm

Hi, Rhonda! Yes, it can and I even used the leftover on my salad. Have a great week!

Joyce
    July 4, 2017 at 8:50 am

Thanks for a refreshing recipe. Pinned for later. One set (4) of my grandkids has a Greek daddy – we’ve been introduced to so many great recipes from his side of the family. Yia yia is a terrific cook. I know all 10 of the grands will enjoy this healthy dip!

July 4, 2017 at 3:50 pm

That’s awesome! I LOVE Greek cuisine, probably because it’s so similar to my homeland’s.
      Wow, 10 grands! You must be one busy grandma, Joyce! 😀

Grammy Dee from Grammy's Grid
    July 4, 2017 at 1:22 am

This looks and sounds good although I’ve never heard of it before 🙂 Thank you Jas for linking up at the #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty. I shared this post.
    Grammy Dee from Grammy’s Grid recently posted…Happy 4th of July 2017!My Profile

July 4, 2017 at 3:45 pm

Haven’t you? It’s the yummy topping Greeks put on their gyros. Do you have King Gyros chain restaurant there? Try it 🙂

10. This looks so delicious and easy to make. Always enjoy having you link up with us at #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty, Jas. Have a great week!
    Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond recently posted…Over the Moon Link Party #80My Profile

July 2, 2017 at 9:51 pm

Thanks, Sue, and thanks for stopping in!

Judee@gluten free A-Z Blog
    June 30, 2017 at 8:53 pm

Greek food is just so darned good! Your tzatziki looks delicious. I make it ,but my recipe doesn’t call for sour cream. I’ll definitely try it next time.
    Judee@gluten free A-Z Blog recently posted…Minted Quinoa Tabouli Salad ( Tabbouleh)My Profile

July 1, 2017 at 10:33 am

Hi, Judee! Sour cream is not required but it makes the sauce creamier and less tangy, so I like to add it 🙂

Debbie
    June 29, 2017 at 6:13 pm

Jas – this is awesome! I have always wanted to make my own, but never knew which recipe to try and haven’t found a store bought one I like. I am so glad you linked this up today with #TuneInThursday …
    Debbie recently posted…One Nation Under God & Tune in Thursday #18My Profile