Looking for a fresh taste this BBQ season? This Greek tzatziki sauce is absolutely delicious and super easy to make. With just a few ingredients and in about 10 minutes you have a tasty appetizer that everyone loves!
What I like the most about this creamy cucumber sauce is that it is a perfect side to go with grilled meats, fresh vegetables, pita bread or chips and crackers. It’s a dip, it’s a condiment, it’s a sauce and it’s a salad too!
Dilute with cold water and you have a chilled cucumber soup.
How to Make Tzatziki Sauce
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 small English cucumber, peeled (optional) and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Place grated cucumber in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let stand 15 minutes. Gently squeeze cucumbers to drain the juices.
- With a whisk, blend yogurt with sour cream and olive oil. Add cucumbers, lemon juice, garlic, and dill. Mix until combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste or use All Purpose Greek Seasoning to season the sauce.
- Chill and garnish with a sprig of fresh dill just before serving. Enjoy!
Pin it: How to Make Tzatziki Sauce
Latest posts by Jas (see all)
- 10 Instagram Accounts That Will Make You Want to Lick Your Screen - August 22, 2017
- Baklava Ice Cream in Fillo Cups - August 17, 2017
- How To Lose 30 Pounds With UN Diet – The Ultimate Diet Plan - August 12, 2017