Kassler Chops with Remoulade

kassler chops with remoulade

Are you looking forward to Oktoberfest as much as I am? I am really not a beer drinker and never was, but I do love an occasional beer. And there’s no better beer than European. I don’t even need a glass.

If you are celebrating Oktoberfest at home I just have the perfect recipe to serve with your beer. Smoked pork chopskassler with homemade remoulade sauce is a must!

Kassler Chops with Remoulade

kassler chops with remoulade

Kassler (German cuisine) is a slightly smoked and then brined cut of pork. It has a wonderful flavor and it’s a breeze to prepare. You just brown it briefly on each side and done. The secret of the yummy sauce is the anchovy paste. Don’t don’t cringe, you really can’t taste it. Do you like Ceaser salad dressing? Guess what? It has anchovies! So get over it and give it a try. I promise, you won’t regret it!

Serves 4

4 Smoked Pork Chops
1 ½ pounds Fingerling Potatoes or Baby Dutch Yellow Potatoes
½ cup plain Yogurt
½ cup Mayonnaise
1 teaspoon chopped Capers (optional)
1 chopped Anchovy or 1 teaspoon Anchovy Paste
¼ cup chopped Pickles
1 bunch fresh Parsley, chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
A pinch of Sugar
3 tablespoons Oil, divided

Cover potatoes with water in a medium size saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Lower the heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10-15 minutes. Drain and cool slightly then peel.

Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place smoked pork chops in the skillet and brown for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove the chops from the skillet and keep warm. Add the remaining tablespoon oil to the skillet. Toss in the potatoes and turning them occasionally bake until nicely browned, about 5-8 minutes; season with salt and pepper.

Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, combine yogurt, mayo, capers, anchovy, pickles, and parsley. Season the remoulade with salt, pepper and sugar.

kassler chops with remoulade

kassler chops with remoulade

Kassler Chops with Remoulade

Rating: 51

Kassler Chops with Remoulade

Flavorful smoked pork chops prepared German style to go along with your favorite beer during Oktoberfest or any other day.

• 4 Smoked Pork Chops
  • 1 ½ pounds Fingerling Potatoes or Baby Dutch Yellow Potatoes
  • ½ cup plain Yogurt
  • ½ cup Mayonnaise
  • 1 teaspoon chopped Capers (optional)
  • 1 chopped Anchovy or 1 teaspoon Anchovy Paste
  • ¼ cup chopped Pickles
  • 1 bunch fresh Parsley, chopped
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • A pinch of Sugar
  • 3 tablespoons Oil, divided

Cover potatoes with water in a medium size saucepot; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Lower the heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10-15 minutes. Drain and cool slightly then peel.

Looking forward to connecting with you soon.

For more quick recipes and tips follow my All that’s Jas Facebook page or social network of your preference. It makes my day 🙂

Sherry
    October 12, 2015 at 12:11 pm

This reminds me of a dish we had when we lived in Germany. We love smoked pork chops. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Funtastic Friday. Please join us again this week.
    Sherry recently posted…How To Make and Can Concord Grape JellyMy Profile

October 13, 2015 at 9:45 am

Yep, it was often on our table when we lived 🙂 Thanks for stopping in, Sherry!

Sarah
    October 6, 2015 at 3:22 pm

Delicious!
    Sarah recently posted…Speculoos CookiesMy Profile

October 7, 2015 at 10:06 am

Thanks, Sarah! 🙂

Theresa @DearCreatives
    October 1, 2015 at 11:00 pm

Those chops look so good. Thanks for sharing at the Ins Inspiration Spotlight party. See you again soon.

October 2, 2015 at 11:06 am

Thank you much! Have a great weekend!

Chelsea @ The Johnsons Plus Dog
    September 29, 2015 at 1:25 am

Looks super yummy! Great presentation too! Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty – hope to see you again next week!
    Chelsea @ The Johnsons Plus Dog recently posted…Chalkboard Clock Tutorial + iPad Mini GiveawayMy Profile

September 29, 2015 at 10:34 am

Thank you very much, Chelsea, and thanks for the party 🙂

Lou Lou Girls
    September 28, 2015 at 11:46 am

Oh yum! This looks so incredible! Pinned and tweeted. We love partying with you and we appreciate you stopping by! Please take a minute to stop by next week, so we can pin and tweet your new creation. The party starts on Monday at 7 pm! Have a great Monday! Lou Lou Girls

September 28, 2015 at 12:24 pm

Thank you, and thanks for stopping in!

Quinn Caudill
    September 27, 2015 at 11:04 pm

Its like smoked pork prime rib. Sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing with us at Throwback Thursday link party. Please join us again next week and invite your friends to come along.
    Quinn Caudill recently posted…Throwback Thursday Link Party #7My Profile

Quinn Caudill
      September 27, 2015 at 11:09 pm

BTW who created your logo. I really like it. I am trying to get a one made but not real thrilled with the first try.
      Quinn Caudill recently posted…Throwback Thursday Link Party #7My Profile

September 28, 2015 at 12:20 pm

Thanks! I played with Photoshop to create a logo that would contain everything I’m about, yet remain simple. It wasn’t an easy task 🙂 Glad you like it!

September 28, 2015 at 12:16 pm

Thank you, Quinn, and thanks for the party 🙂

stephanie
    September 26, 2015 at 5:18 pm

Looks delicious! Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! This post has been pinned on the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! I love having you and can’t wait to see you next week!
    stephanie recently posted…Flashback FridayMy Profile

September 26, 2015 at 6:17 pm

Thanks, Stephanie! 🙂

September 24, 2015 at 6:16 am

Jas this dish looks so elegant and your potatoes are cooked perfectly. Fancy enough for guests!
    Bam’s Kitchen recently posted…Apple Pecan Spring Roll MooncakesMy Profile

September 24, 2015 at 9:23 am

Thank you, Bam! I love simple foods that can look fancy enough for guests. It’s a win-win 🙂

Erika
    September 23, 2015 at 9:54 pm

I’ve never celebrated oktoberfest but I’d love to! This recipe looks so delicious!
    Erika @whaterikawears.com

September 24, 2015 at 9:19 am

You mean you don’t use it as an excuse to consume unrealistic amounts of beer? LOL Thanks for stopping in and co-hosting the hop, it makes it that much more fun!

Katherines Corner
    September 23, 2015 at 8:54 pm

Oh my goodness this does look fantastic. My Father used to love German food. I shared my Beef Rouladen a long time ago. Darn now my stomach is growling. xo
    Katherines Corner recently posted…Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 207My Profile

September 24, 2015 at 9:18 am

Thanks, darling! I shared my beef rouladen some time ago too, lol. That was my favorite German meal while I lived there. Have a glorious day!

September 22, 2015 at 5:56 pm

Holy moly that looks delicious and the pictures are beautiful! I want to dive right in and take a bite!
    Carlee recently posted…Brunswick StewMy Profile

September 23, 2015 at 12:20 pm

Thank you so much, Carlee! Hope you give it a try – very easy to make and delicious! Thanks for visiting! 🙂