Cheesy Spaghetti Nests

Cheesy Spaghetti Nests - All that's Jas

These cheesy spaghetti nests are served straight out of ramekins. I love when there are no additional dishes to be cleaned.

I’ll take a bowl of spaghetti over tiny bites any day, but these are ideal for an appetizer, finger food party or a light supper. I think I’d want them for breakfast too. Why not?

Simple ingredients are used for the spaghetti nests but they don’t lack the taste or the elegance. Creamy, cheesy goodness paired with ham and eggs. Need I say more?

Cheesy Spaghetti Nests

Cheesy Spaghetti Nests - All that's Jas

Serves 6

7 oz spaghetti
Salt
4 oz. crème fraîche* with herbs
4 oz. Emmentaler or Gruyere, shredded
6 slices deli ham
3 hard-boiled eggs, cut in half

Sauce
4 oz. crème fraîche* with herbs
1 teaspoon mustard
½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

Butter for greasing ramekins
Fresh parsley to garnish

• If you can’t find crème fraîche at your stores, substitute with sour cream, but the result will be slightly tangier. To make your own: combine 1 cup heavy cream with 3 tablespoons of buttermilk or ½ cup of sour cream; cover the container and let it sit overnight at room temperature. Add freshly ground black pepper, dried basil, chives, parsley or any herbs you prefer (such as herbs de Provence or Italian), and lemon zest.

Cook spaghetti in salted water according to the package directions; drain. In a mixing bowl, toss hot spaghetti with 4 oz. crème fraîche and cheese.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter ramekins and place them on a baking sheet. Wrap about 1/6 of the spaghetti on a fork and place into each ramekin.  Bake the nests for 10-15 minutes.

In a small bowl, mix together crème fraîche with mustard and Worcestershire; season with salt and pepper.

Put a dollop of sauce over nests then arrange folded ham slices. Spread 1 tablespoon of the sauce over ham. Top each with egg halves. Garnish with parsley.

Cheesy Spaghetti Nests - All that's Jas

Cheesy Spaghetti Nests - All that's Jas

Cheesy Spaghetti Nests - All that's Jas

Cheesy Spaghetti Nests

Rating: 51

Yield: 6

Cheesy Spaghetti Nests

Serve these cheesy spaghetti nests at your next gathering and you’ll get rave reviews. It takes minimum effort to make them yet they leave an unforgettable impression.

• 7 oz spaghetti
  • Salt
  • 4 oz. crème fraîche* with herbs
  • 4 oz. Emmentaler or Gruyere, shredded
  • 6 slices deli ham
  • 3 hard-boiled eggs, cut in half
  • .
  • Sauce
  • 4 oz. crème fraîche* with herbs
  • 1 teaspoon mustard
  • ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • .
  • Butter for greasing ramekins
  • Fresh parsley to garnish

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter ramekins and place them on a baking sheet. Wrap about 1/6 of the spaghetti on a fork and place into each ramekin. Bake the nests for 10-15 minutes.

Notes

* If you can't find crème fraîche at your stores, substitute with sour cream, but the result will be slightly tangier. To make your own: combine 1 cup heavy cream with 3 tablespoons of buttermilk or ½ cup of sour cream; cover the container and let it sit overnight at room temperature. Add freshly ground black pepper, dried basil, chives, parsley or any herbs you prefer (such as herbs de Provence), and lemon zest.

Mary-the boondocks blog
    September 2, 2016 at 3:23 pm

Jas, you take food and with your photography turn it into art. I think you are missing your
    acalling here. You should definitely become a food photographer. I ti s such a yummy and simple dish and yet thru your lens it looks amazing.
    Mary-the boondocks blog recently posted…Sweet Inspiration Link Party #22My Profile

September 2, 2016 at 8:59 pm

Mary, thank you so much! I’d really like to do food photography and even wrote proposal letters for local restaurants but then chickened out. First, I never trust I’m good enough and second, I have no clue what to charge them, lol. Have a great weekend, my friend!

2. […] can make the nests in a regular size muffin tin for a bigger bite. Or make cheesy spaghetti nests topped with boiled egg and ham instead of meatballs for your brunch guests. You can’t go […]

Frugal Hausfrau
    June 28, 2016 at 9:44 pm

How fun are these! I love the portion control!! Thanks for sharing with us at Throwback Thursday!!

Mollie
    Frugal Hausfrau recently posted…Rhubarb Pistachio CakeMy Profile

June 29, 2016 at 8:53 am

Thank you, Mollie!

June 26, 2016 at 4:15 pm

Oh my goodness, I think I may be in love! They look so good and sound even better. I can’t wait to give them a try! Thanks for sharing at Throwback Thursday!
    Carlee recently posted…Red, White and Blueberry Sourdough Waffles #SundaySupperMy Profile

June 28, 2016 at 10:54 am

Thank you, Carlee! We love them 🙂

Melanie Redd
    June 21, 2016 at 11:47 am

Yum! Your post is making me so hungry. This recipe looks great, and your pictures are beautiful!
    I found your post today on Tuesday Talk.
    Hope you have a blessed day~
    Melanie

June 21, 2016 at 3:26 pm

Hi, Melanie! Thank you so much for stopping in. Hope your day is glorious. Blessings, Jas

Kelly Basham
    June 21, 2016 at 11:37 am

Looks adorable and sounds delicious! I will have to try this my favorite gluten free pasta.

June 21, 2016 at 3:28 pm

Thank you, Kelly! Which gluten free pasta brand do you use? I can’t seem to find a good one, they all taste like wallpaper glue, lol.

Crystal Green
    June 21, 2016 at 10:02 am

These look elegant and delicious. Yet, they also remind me of little bits of comfort food.

Thank you for sharing this with us on the #HomeMattersParty. We hope to see you again when we open our doors at 12 AM EST on Friday.
    Crystal Green recently posted…Family Getaways on a BudgetMy Profile

June 21, 2016 at 3:30 pm

Thanks, Crystal. Nothing better than simple, comfort food. A “fancy” presentation is just an added bonus 😀 Thanks for visiting!

Victoria @DazzleWhileFrazzled
    June 20, 2016 at 1:46 pm

My kids would love a meal served in little cups like these. Maybe they’d eat more! Thanks for linking up with Funtastic Friday.

June 20, 2016 at 6:20 pm

I was a picky eater when I was little too. Mom’s trick to get me eat was to present food in an unusual way. Thanks for stopping in, Victoria and have a great week!

Daylily
    June 20, 2016 at 10:37 am

These I am definitely going to try. Love all the ingredients. Thanks for sharing.

June 20, 2016 at 6:21 pm

Thank you! Let me know if you liked them 🙂

Katherines Corner
    June 19, 2016 at 8:37 pm

love theses for starters or for lunch! Yum Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things link party my friend xo

June 19, 2016 at 11:16 pm

Thank you, my friend! Miss “talking” to you. Hope all is well. Hugs and kisses 🙂

June 6, 2016 at 6:43 pm

THAT is an awesome idea for a party Jas! The only thing is, how many of those do u hv to make? I bet they go pretty quickly too!

Oh! And what herb is good to use with crème fraîche?
    Ann recently posted…Toodles Thailand, Hello Holland!My Profile

June 7, 2016 at 1:07 pm

Thanks Ann! Make as many as you need in as small/big dish as you want. You can also bake it in a large cake pan and cut it in squares to serve (although, it is not baked solid so watch out for runaway pasta, lol). I listed some herb choices, like basil, parsley or a mix like Italian…Did you make the move to Holland yet? Crème fraîche is a staple in European cuisine so I’ll bet you can find it there. 😀
      P.S. Been busy lately and haven’t checked your (or anybody else) blog for updates. Hope all is well. Sending you hugs across the miles and Oceans.

May 27, 2016 at 9:53 pm

Your cheesy Spaghetti nests are adorable. I can picture these being so fun to serve at a little brunch gathering. I would have to make at least 6 of these servings for each teenager or maybe increase the size of my bowls. LOL Wishing you a super weekend! Sharing!
    Bam’s Kitchen recently posted…Healthy Ricotta CrostiniMy Profile

May 29, 2016 at 6:38 pm

Lol, that’s why they are an appetizer, otherwise serve right out of the pot 😀 Hope your weekend was lovely!