Scott’s Cheese Ball with pecans and m&m’s

Scott's Cheese Ball with pecans and m&m's - All that's Jas

Scott’s Cheese Ball recipe with pecans and m&m’s is super easy to make, deliciously sweet, and is a crowd pleaser.

Scott’s Cheese Ball with pecans and m&m’s

Ever since we lost Scott, the joy of Christmas has been infused with sadness because it was his favorite holiday. We miss Scott every day but our hearts are heavier during this season of hope, redemption, and love.

Scott’s famous cheese ball recipe has become a part of Brechtl Christmas Party tradition. It’s a special treat that his mom brings and everyone looks forward to indulging in. Although it’s been harder to get our growing family together each year, Scott’s cheese ball has not been forgotten.

Scott has always rolled his cheese ball into mini chocolate chips, but I tried to dress it up adding green and red m&m’s in his memory. As you can see, I wasn’t very creative. I’m sure you can come up with better designs.

Scott's #Cheese #Ball recipe with #pecans and #m&m's is super easy to make, deliciously… Click To Tweet

If you like this recipe and make it yourself, please let me know. Take a picture and tag it #allthatsjas on Instagram or Facebook. I’d love to see what you came up with!

What is your family’s Christmas tradition? Do you have a recipe that always finds its way to your holiday table? Let me know in the comments.

If you have also lost a loved one then you know how easy it is remembering them every day but missing them is a heartache that never goes away. May you have a blessed holiday season!

Scott’s Cheese Ball Recipe

Scott's Cheese Ball with pecans and m&m's - All that's Jas

1 stick butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
½ cup finely chopped pecans
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
¾ cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup M&M’S holiday candy

In a small ball combine all ingredients except M&M’S.  Refrigerate for at least half an hour.  Take out the mixture, form into a ball and place on a small plate or other serving dish. Decorate with M&M’S as you wish. Alternately, roll the cheese ball in sprinkles or mini chocolate chips.  Refrigerate again until ready to serve.  Serve with graham crackers, shortbread cookies or Pepperidge Farms assorted cookies.

Scott's Cheese Ball with pecans and m&m's - All that's Jas

Scott's Cheese Ball with pecans and m&m's - All that's Jas

Scott's Cheese Ball with pecans and m&m's - All that's Jas

If you like the advent wreath shown in the background, you can find instructions here.

Scott's Cheese Ball with pecans and m&m's

Scott's Cheese Ball with pecans and m&m's

Scott's Cheese Ball recipe with pecans and m&m's is super easy to make, deliciously sweet, and is a crowd pleaser.

• 1 stick butter, softened
  • 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
  • ½ cup finely chopped pecans
  • 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
  • ¾ cup powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • ¾ cup M&M’S holiday candy

In a small ball combine all ingredients except M&M’S. Refrigerate for at least half an hour.

Alternately, roll the cheese ball in sprinkles or mini chocolate chips. Refrigerate again until ready to serve.

Beverly
    December 9, 2016 at 12:07 pm

This looks so pretty and it sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing your cheese ball recipe with us at Snickerdoodle! Pinning.
    Beverly recently posted…Feather WreathMy Profile

December 11, 2016 at 10:51 am

Hi, Beverly! Thank you and thanks for hosting!

Angie ~ ambient wares
    December 6, 2016 at 7:10 pm

Beautiful combination! Thanks for sharing with us at Funtastic Friday!
    Angie ~ ambient wares recently posted…Christmas Vintage Plastic Candelabra MakeoverMy Profile

December 7, 2016 at 10:58 am

Thanks for stopping in, Angie!

Nicole
    December 6, 2016 at 12:57 pm

I think your M&Ms look great on the cheese ball. Everyone needs a great cheese ball recipe for the holidays, and I thank you for sharing Scott’s recipe.
    Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty – hope to see you link up again this week on Friday!
    Nicole recently posted…Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments We Love! Star Wars, Disney’s Frozen and More + GiveawayMy Profile

December 6, 2016 at 2:24 pm

Nicole, thank you so much and thanks for hosting! Happy Holidays 🙂

Barbara
    December 5, 2016 at 10:28 am

I’ve copied the recipe – it looks so festive and sounds really good. And easy? That’s a plus too. Stopping in today from Lisa’s Grand Social.

December 5, 2016 at 8:05 pm

Thank you, Barbara! You won’t be disappointed! Thanks for stopping in.

Janet Vinyard
    December 4, 2016 at 12:22 pm

Hi Jas, Sorry for your loss but nice that you remember Scott in this way each year! I miss my parents the most this time of year. I think you decorated the cheese ball in a very colorful way! Thanks for sharing! Blessings, Janet

December 4, 2016 at 6:03 pm

Hi, Janet! That is so nice of you to say. It is tough not being able to share the holiday joy with your loved ones. Wishing you peace this season and always.

December 2, 2016 at 10:01 pm

A sweet little treat indeed! I am sure the kids will love it! I am sure all the adults will be hiding this little cheese ball from the kids for themselves.. LOL Enjoy the season and those grand babies.
    Bam’s Kitchen recently posted…22 Easy Dinner Party Pork RecipesMy Profile

December 3, 2016 at 9:47 am

Bobbi, you are right, lol. Hope your season is full of blessings as well!

Mary-the boondocks blog
    December 2, 2016 at 1:54 pm

Jas, I don’t know who Scott is but I am sorry for your loss. It looks like a wonderful recipe. I’ve never combined cream cheese with chocolate. I must be missing out.
    Mary-the boondocks blog recently posted…Sweet Inspiration Link Party #35My Profile

December 3, 2016 at 9:45 am

Thank you, Mary. Scott is our nephew, gone too soon 🙁 If you ever had chocolate cheesecake, then you are not missing out 🙂