It’s settled! Michelle and I will be visiting Mary in Greece. Mary is getting her empty rooms ready, Michelle is working hard on finishing tons of AMAZING projects, and I’ve been on a spree of making Greek dishes including this refreshing quinoa salad from Athens.
All that’s left to do is fill my vacation jar with money. So, the good news is my jar is half full. The bad news is my jar is half empty and kind of small.
As you might know, I already stopped spending money at Starbucks by making my own inexpensive frappe. Greek frappe, mind you. This gluten-free Greek quinoa salad is another budget-friendly option. In addition, it will definitely help getting that beach body.
It would help even more if we’d leave the quinoa out, but the carbs make this salad more substantial. Of all the quinoa salads I’ve tried this one is by far the best. It has a really nice tang from lemon juice and olive oil dressing, which is so refreshing in the heat of the summer. You can definitely use leftover quinoa, in fact that’s often how I fix this salad.
So maybe my trip to Greece this year will be just virtual but it doesn’t mean I can’t have a Greek dish outside of Greece, save money for my jar or get in shape, does it? This salad will do all of those things for you:
- save money
- it’s healthy
- you get to enjoy a Greek dish
The Best Quinoa SaladInsanely #delicious gluten-free #salad is the best Greek-style #quinoa salad not just for… Click To Tweet
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 seedless cucumber
- 2 tomatoes, or 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 small bell pepper, any color
- 2 green onions (white and green parts)
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint (optional)
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
~Free Tip ~
Add Kalamata olives, feta cheese, avocado, and unsalted sunflower seeds for a loaded salad
- Cook quinoa according to the package directions. Drain and let cool.
- Meanwhile, slice or chop vegetables. Add vegetables and all other ingredients to a large bowl.
- Next, add quinoa to the vegetable bowl. Stir gently to combine.
- Let set for about 15 minutes before serving so that the flavors can combine.
Latest posts by Jas (see all)
- How To Lose 30 Pounds With UN Diet – The Ultimate Diet Plan - August 12, 2017
- The Best No Bake Tiramisu Cheesecake - August 8, 2017
- Karageorge Schnitzel – Serbian Famous Stuffed Cutlet Recipe - August 3, 2017