This strawberry frozen yogurt is our favorite summer treat. It’s creamy, light, refreshing, and super easy to make with only 3 ingredients.
The best part: you don’t need an ice cream machine to make it, but you do need a food processor. I’ve had this food processor for 6 years and am very happy with it and its price (affiliate).
Even better: it’s so light, yo can have an extra scoop without the guilt.
Sure, it’s easy to buy a container of frozen yogurt and call it a day. But I never really know what’s in it. Not that I’m ingredients Nazi, but I am being conscious about what’s on the labels as much as the next guy.
So, I’d rather make it from scratch especially when it’s so easy. Besides, I had extra yogurt that I was trying to use up for days. More on that in another post. I was coming up with all kinds of recipes with yogurt, ha!
In case you’re wondering what kind of strawberries are those in the pictures: We planted a few musk strawberry plants in our backyard just three years ago and they are spreading rapidly. They are larger than wild strawberries but smaller than regular and oh-so-sweet and fragrant (and a great groundcover, as you can see behind my hand).
This froyo is just as creamy as ice cream, delicious, and not overly sweet. A perfect summer treat for the whole family.
Strawberry Frozen YogurtNo-churn strawberry frozen yogurt is easy to make with only 3 ingredients #frozenyogurt… Click To Tweet
- 3 cups frozen or fresh strawberries
- 2 cups plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
~ Free Tip ~
– Use different fruit for different flavors. If using frozen fruit, especially large pieces like peaches, cut them down to go easy on your food processor.
– Substitute condensed milk with honey. Start with 1/4 cup and add more if necessary.
– Only use the full-fat yogurt – it’s creamier, although not as healthy.
– Frozen yogurt is best when enjoyed the same day. If it’s frozen for longer than a day, it will become a solid block.
– Freeze it in individual containers or make a smaller batch.
– Taw it for 15-20 minutes before serving.
– Add a little sugar (1/4 cup per quart) Sugar inhibits the formation of ice crystals and also keeps the frozen yogurt creamy.
– Pre-scoop it then put back in the freezer.
– Portion out the frozen yogurt in muffin cups.
- In a food processor, blend together all ingredients until creamy.
- Serve the frozen yogurt immediately or keep frozen in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Pin it: No Churn Strawberry Frozen Yogurt