Irish Cream Chocolate Oatmeal Porridge Recipe
Creamy, healthy, and delicious, this chocolate oatmeal porridge is both a breakfast and a dessert.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 cup Flahavan's Irish steel cut oats
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Honey optional
- 1/4 cup Irish Cream
In a small saucepan, stir together the Flahavan's Irish steel cut oats and milk. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes (depending on the texture required).
Remove from the heat and stir in cinnamon, cocoa, honey if using, and Irish Cream. Divide into bowls and top with your favorite fruit, chocolate chips, or nuts. Serve hot or cold.
~ Free Tip ~
- Use your favorite sweetener instead of honey or sweeten with mashed up ripe banana.
- You can reduce the cooking time if you soak the oats overnight.